Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They brought up the "Too white," discussion on PTI today. Happy at what I heard from Wilbon. The northwest area of the USA has been one of the most racial accepting areas in the country for about a century now. Also said they stunk when the team was an all-black team, and that the best way to win fan support is by winning. They handled it well.
:lol: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming? Don't know how you'd quantify "racially accepting" for the sake of comparison, but however you decided, I'd bet against the NW.

Reference the topic though

Record-tying 84 international players on opening-night rosters

Posted Oct 30, 2012 6:17 PM

NEW YORK (Official Release) -- Opening-night rosters for the 2012-13 NBA season feature a record-tying 84 international players, previously set in 2010-11, from 37 countries and territories. The opening-night record for countries and territories is 38, and was also set in the 2010-11 season. Twenty-nine of the 30 teams feature at least one international player.

The San Antonio Spurs have a record for the most ever international players on a team roster with eight, followed by the Cleveland Cavaliers and Minnesota Timberwolves with five each. Five teams have four players (Boston Celtics, Orlando Magic, Milwaukee Bucks, Portland Trailblazers, and Toronto Raptors), and 11 teams have three players.

France is the most represented country, boasting 10 players, and Canada follows with the country's most players ever with eight. Brazil and Spain each have five players on team rosters.

San Antonio takes the title for the most internationally diverse team, with six countries represented: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, and US Virgin Islands. Also boosting the record number this year are 17 international rookies from 12 countries.

At the end of the 2011-12 regular season, the NBA featured 78 international players from 35 countries and territories on team rosters (both active and inactive).

Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming? Don't know how you'd quantify "racially accepting" for the sake of comparison, but however you decided, I'd bet against the NW.

I was referring to Minnesota, Montana, and Washington. I know from personal experience about Montana, and have heard very similar things from both Washington and Minnesota.

Racially accepting wasn't the right wording, but as Wilbon put it, "racially tolerant."

Growing up with family up there, I've heard nothing but great things about race as an issue back in the 60s and 70s. Maybe that's just me.

NBA season has tipped off, Tristian Thompson VS Okafor to start the season, Okafor wins. :lol:

First shot is an Ariza three, which he makes. Good lord. Trevor Ariza MVP.

I haven't been too optimistic about the Wizards coming into the season, but maybe we're good enough to sneak into the playoffs. It's still obviously very, very early.

surprised and kinda glad dion waiters got the start. always thought he was gonna be a bust, but hopefully he keeps the starting gig. want cleveland to get that 8th seed.

Im sorry i can't update this thread as I would like to. As in the general forum in the hurricane sandy thread. This hurricane as affected me. Lost my home and currently in a shelter. Don't know how long I will be here but enjoy the season opening and cheers to an NBA season.

I have my head up so I'm trying to stay positive. But good by for now.

Im sorry i can't update this thread as I would like to. As in the general forum in the hurricane sandy thread. This hurricane as affected me. Lost my home and currently in a shelter. Don't know how long I will be here but enjoy the season opening and cheers to an NBA season.

I have my head up so I'm trying to stay positive. But good by for now.

Keep your head up bro

I must be getting old but I hate when they do stuff like this. Feels so MTV. 

I want to watch basketball not a concert.

Did he just say Hurricane Katrina? 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom