Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dare he not play well against great teams. :smh: I'm not going to address the injury because I don't know enough about it nor am I going to question his pain threshold (I learned from the Jay Cutler situation).

I already highlighted his flaws on the previous page, but he has plenty of bright spots for a 24 year old point guard that's played less than 120 games in the NBA.

The point is, he hasn't earned that contract. He didn't play against Miami because he doesn't have the talent and didn't want to lose any hype. The doctor cleared him for game 2. Son didn't even come back for game 4. Jay Cutler wasn't cleared to come back.

Then has the nerve to tell the media that he's 85% healthy but not ready to play. Then got crucified during the offseason and tried to change it "I meant I was 15% from being able to play"

still salty about last year

get over it :lol:

he was the only reason your knicks were even relevant last year

Far from salty last year, we were making the playoffs regardless without Lin. The East was and is THAT bad
No you weren't

Knicks finished with a record of 36-30

From Feb 4-29 he lead the knicks to a 10-3 record

If knicks lost 5-6 more games that season Bucks would have snuck in.

Last edited:
There are also stories out of Rockets training camp that Lin was getting badly outplayed by Shaun Livingston and everyone was begging the Rockets to keep Livingston around but obviously they just couldn't justify it based on the salaries. That said, Lin did hit a pair of huge 3s late in the game to help seal it.

Again, if you're Dwight Howard, would you rather play with a 34 year old Kobe or a 23 year old james harden? Play for Kevin mchale or mike d'antoni?

Sure he'd leave some bread on the table in LA, but it wouldn't be as much with Texas not having state taxes.

Again, you only think just one season, or entire careers?

34 year old Kobe isn't going to be there forever. So the question is which franchise will go above and beyond to win at all costs for the long term? Which track record is more established, long term? Do you even know if the Rockets will stay spending money on the roster in 5 years? You're positive it will remain that way?

You act like playing for Kevin McHale is some special priviledge or something. :lol:

Again, if you're Dwight Howard, would you rather play with a 34 year old Kobe or a 23 year old james harden? Play for Kevin mchale or mike d'antoni?

Sure he'd leave some bread on the table in LA, but it wouldn't be as much with Texas not having state taxes.

34 year old Kobe isn't going to be there forever. So the question is which franchise will go above and beyond to win at all costs for the long term? Which track record is more established, long term? Do you even know if the Rockets will stay spending money on the roster in 5 years? You're positive it will remain that way?

You act like playing for Kevin McHale is some special priviledge or something. :lol:

i understand the lakers track record, there isn't any denying that. but the more attractive piece to play with is james harden over kobe. we know morey will roll the dice to bring in talent.
mchale as a coach is still up in the air. but its clear the positive affect he had on KGs career and development.

i honestly wouldn't be surprised of dwight stayed in LA, but he'd be a fool not to see how attractive houston is.

$30 mil in contract... Over 4 years at least $35mil in endorsements... His Adidas deal gets cut in half of what it is currently by going anywhere but LA, Chicago or NY.. That's just 1 endorsement.

More than a little bread.

Also you're forgetting they are building the best Franchise in the sport around him... With $30mil in cap space in 2014, and he gets to sound off on guys.

Last edited:

i understand the lakers track record, there isn't any denying that. but the more attractive piece to play with is james harden over kobe. we know morey will roll the dice to bring in talent.
mchale as a coach is still up in the air. but its clear the positive affect he had on KGs career and development.

i honestly wouldn't be surprised of dwight stayed in LA, but he'd be a fool not to see how attractive houston is.

Why do you keep saying Kobe? You only think 1 year at a time or something?

Is Harden thee absolute best player that can be paired with Dwight for the next 6 year's? LA can't get anyone else to put with Dwight? 2014 and beyond LA has ZERO dollars tied up. Zero.

Think we'll just keep that money in our pocket?

$30 mil in contract... Over 6-7 at least $60mil in endorsements...

More than a little bread.

Also you're forgetting they are building the best Franchise in the sport around him... With $30mil in cap space in 2014, and he gets to sound off on guys.

i'm not the smartest person out, but the $30M comes down some with the no state tax. he'd of course be still losing money by leaving. i can't speak on the endorsements, but my common knowledge says dwight 'star' won't shine any less than it did in orlando.

but my point is this: you can continue the kobe/dwight/d'antoni struggle until 2014 or you can join the james harden express led by a possible young superstar in an aging western conference. less media scrutiny and less kobe scrutiny.

also, are the lakers willing to pay the reported $85M in luxuary tax penalties? is that even too rich for their blood?

How dare he not play well against great teams. :smh: I'm not going to address the injury because I don't know enough about it nor am I going to question his pain threshold (I learned from the Jay Cutler situation).

I already highlighted his flaws on the previous page, but he has plenty of bright spots for a 24 year old point guard that's played less than 120 games in the NBA.

The point is, he hasn't earned that contract. He didn't play against Miami because he doesn't have the talent and didn't want to lose any hype. The doctor cleared him for game 2. Son didn't even come back for game 4. Jay Cutler wasn't cleared to come back.

Then has the nerve to tell the media that he's 85% healthy but not ready to play. Then got crucified during the offseason and tried to change it "I meant I was 15% from being able to play"
But the market these days is being paid on potential. I dislike it myself, but that is the market nonetheless.

Since December 1, Lin is averaging 13.8 PPG (46/35/78 shooting), 6 APG, 3.1 RPG, 1.8 SPG while the Rockets are 23-18 with the youngest roster in the league playing in the Western Conference. :\

No you weren't

Knicks finished with a record of 36-30

From Feb 4-29 he lead the knicks to a 10-3 record

If knicks lost 5-6 more games that season Bucks would have snuck in.

What happened in March? We had a six game losing streak. You can post up the Feb numbers if you want to when he had his nice little run but it ended. We can argue back and forth. If Lin was so good, why didn't we pay him?

Our team really changed when we got rid of that moron Mike D'Antoni. So slurp Lin all you want, your idol is a fraud B

Is Harden thee absolute best player that can be paired with Dwight for the next 6 year's? LA can't get anyone else to put with Dwight? 2014 and beyond LA has ZERO dollars tied up. Zero.

kobe wants to play at least 2 more years. i don't know if dwight is mentally strong enough to play with alpha male kobe for another 2 years. that's all i am saying.

kobe wants to play at least 2 more years. i don't know if dwight is mentally strong enough to play with alpha male kobe for another 2 years. that's all i am saying.

If he wants a chip he might as well

If he can't handle 36 year old Kobe, then what will it matter anyways?

The guy wants to win titles, you better suited for that in LA, or Houston?

Harden is great, and getting better, no question, GM is a smart guy, no question, but will they continue to spend, and do WHATEVER it takes to win at all costs? HUGE question.

Do not forget, the team he is on now is one Stern moment away from having CP3 playin with him as well. You wouldn't be sayin **** if that doesn't happen. Now they just have to go get someone else to give Dwight. Kobe will ease back, and his 2 year statement may be including this one man, ie, 1 more season left. Too early to tell.

I think the Lakers would be better served if they stopped trying to add names, and started worrying about chemistry and complimentary playing styles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom