Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said he was great?

We're still waiting for your list of 50 better point guards

i did make a list, i was exaggerating with 50 :rolleyes

i think the list was at about 25 last time i checked but i think it might be a few more with the emergence of some this season.

Even the Houston media has said once they got Harden, the Rockets were trying to move Lin but no one wanted that ridiculous contract.
The contract isn't even that ridiculous though.

A young, above average starting point guard in the league on their second contract gets $8-9 million per season these days. See Mike Conley and George Hill.

hes not above average

Even the Houston media has said once they got Harden, the Rockets were trying to move Lin but no one wanted that ridiculous contract.

Leslie Alexander was the one who wanted lin back and ok that deal. He wasn't gonna trade him. Maybe radio talk, but they weren't moving him and besides, he sells regardless

even if he's a marginal player, he is still better and has more upside than felton, who maxed out in college

Last edited:
slightly above average..and he's still improving, imo once he gets consistent he can put up 14-16, 7-9 assists, 4-6 rebounds, 2 steals a game.. and that can be a great compliment next to beard

Why didn't the Nuggets wear their old ugly 90s uniforms like a few other teams have been doing lately? The home ones were like white and brown.

A young, above average starting point guard in the league on their second contract gets $8-9 million per season these days. See Mike Conley and George Hill.

hes not above average
I shouldn't even bother because it's you, but yes, Lin has his flaws (below average three point shooter and right hand dominant), but he's already demonstrated/ing he can run pick and rolls, get to the basket, draw fouls, find the open teammate, make enough jump shots to keep defenders honest and is a good rebounder for a point guard.

That sounds like an above average point guard to me.

Last edited:

A player that had an amzing 12-14 game and then plays average. THEN plays poorly against great teams (defense shuts him down and EASILY forces turnovers, can't go to his left and has a jumper that's a little better than Rondo's). Then, sit during the playoffs due to a knee injury that the doctors cleared him for game 2 to come back? He's an average player. I saw enough of him in NY. He had his nice Tebow run and then showed his average skills.

And lastly, it's weird they gave him that much money but this kid doesn't even play the final 6-7 minutes some nights because of the pressure and he's not producing. You have Toney Douglas closing because he's more reliable, a guy that was thrown in the trade as filler :x

A player that had an amzing 12-14 game and then plays average. THEN plays poorly against great teams (defense shuts him down and EASILY forces turnovers, can't go to his left and has a jumper that's a little better than Rondo's). Then, sit during the playoffs due to a knee injury that the doctors cleared him for game 2 to come back? He's an average player. I saw enough of him in NY. He had his nice Tebow run and then showed his average skills.

And lastly, it's weird they gave him that much money but this kid doesn't even play the final 6-7 minutes some nights because of the pressure and he's not producing. You have Toney Douglas closing because he's more reliable, a guy that was thrown in the trade as filler :x
How dare he not play well against great teams. :smh: I'm not going to address the injury because I don't know enough about it nor am I going to question his pain threshold (I learned from the Jay Cutler situation).

I already highlighted his flaws on the previous page, but he has plenty of bright spots for a 24 year old point guard that's played less than 120 games in the NBA.

still salty about last year

get over it :lol:

he was the only reason your knicks were even relevant last year

that was like the first month when td closed a couple gms
his stats and overall Gm has been consistent since then

his shot has been falling and turnovers been down
if his center has decent hands his asts would be up

Last edited:

Thanks for this, I think Datz is a Thunder fan though.

I had the chance to to go Indy and see a Pacer game for NYE, and its crazy how much they dont care about the Pacers, especially considering their success. I'm not sure if its a race thing though...I went to some hood bar with my Pacer hoodie on, and the bartender said "wait....you actually like them"? Its weird...but they love IU and Butler

I had the chance to to go Indy and see a Pacer game for NYE, and its crazy how much they dont care about the Pacers, especially considering their success. I'm not sure if its a race thing though...I went to some hood bar with my Pacer hoodie on, and the bartender said "wait....you actually like them"? Its weird...but they love IU and Butler
Basically. Pro basketball is dead in Indiana for the time being and until the Pacers consistenly make noise in the playoffs it will stay this way.

Good article though, a lot of solid points made. Theres a list of teams I would like to see move to different cities or Canada; the Pacers are one of them but I dont think they will ever leave. Indy is a basketball Mecca, there just has to be a pro team there.

Any vid of last night hornets/cavs 4th quarter?

Kyrie.
pimp.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Last edited:
Again, if you're Dwight Howard, would you rather play with a 34 year old Kobe or a 23 year old james harden? Play for Kevin mchale or mike d'antoni?

Sure he'd leave some bread on the table in LA, but it wouldn't be as much with Texas not having state taxes.

Basically. Pro basketball is dead in Indiana for the time being and until the Pacers consistenly make noise in the playoffs it will stay this way.

Good article though, a lot of solid points made. Theres a list of teams I would like to see move to different cities or Canada; the Pacers are one of them but I dont think they will ever leave. Indy is a basketball Mecca, there just has to be a pro team there.

They can come to Pittsburgh, I'll appreciate them

|I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom