Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I love my SPURS.

They win then get paid.....None of this wanting max money when you pulled a Casper in the finals.

Still a great trade for both teams....more so for okc

Last edited:
For those of you who aren't big fans of traditional fantasy (like me) I used to play a game that was based on the Efficiency Rating (not PER). It used to be called Virtual GM, then they changed the name to NBA Fastbreak. ESPN axed the game some years ago but now it is back. Basically you set your team each week and you accumulate points (efficiency). Each player has a value and it increases/decreases depending on his performances.

http://es.pn/VVGJR6 - Link to my group. Password is wwf.

There is a rules section for anyone that is interested. It is fun. Glad it is back.

For those of you who aren't big fans of traditional fantasy (like me) I used to play a game that was based on the Efficiency Rating (not PER). It used to be called Virtual GM, then they changed the name to NBA Fastbreak. ESPN axed the game some years ago but now it is back. Basically you set your team each week and you accumulate points (efficiency). Each player has a value and it increases/decreases depending on his performances.

http://es.pn/VVGJR6 - Link to my group. Password is wwf.

There is a rules section for anyone that is interested. It is fun. Glad it is back.

joined as well

Hate lol
btw Yankee aint touching the Lakers in term of popularity
Outside of US. How many people know or follow the Yankee lol

a lot....the yankees got the most popular hat / logo in sports, even if people are wearing it else where that's recognition right there.

As for people talking about OKC's future..... this move may be good for OKC's future, but ask Portland (Oden, Roy) about the future. You never know if they will be in the position to contend again. Injuries are part of the game (ask the Griz about that). I think you strike when you have the chance to strike. And going into this season, the Thunder were one of the top 3 contenders. I also don't see Martin fitting in as well, but Maynor will have to be huge this year. If he goes down, that halfcourt offense
sick.gif
again here yall go with this crap.. you can say that for just about any team if there star players went out with career ending injurys.

alot of you guys hating on the clippers but they have a legit team. now if they would just fire del negro...

With Harden gone OKC's 4th quarter offensive efficiency is going to be horrid. Dude's are gonna force Russell to be a PG ? Him and Durant both need someone to facilitate and help them pick their spots.

Ok so Harden wasn't their man facilitator in the 4th quarter and also the most efficient scorer last year ? Dude was the main pick and roll ball handler last year during crunch time, you mean to tell me Russ is going to play like a PG and run the offense late like Harden did ? LOL got u

Ok so Harden wasn't their man facilitator in the 4th quarter and also the most efficient scorer last year ? Dude was the main pick and roll ball handler last year during crunch time, you mean to tell me Russ is going to play like a PG and run the offense late like Harden did ? LOL got u
He was their best pick and roll player, but he was also watching Westbrook/Durant have the ball in their hands down the stretch of close games.

Just found out about the trade an he ago & its still kinda crazy .....

KD and KD lite on the same team :pimp:

:pimp:

I think Lamb is the sleeper key to this deal..... i think he will cook behind kd

this dude JHarden is gonna love the Rockets...he's a blood :lol:

You're wasting your time arguing with ACBboyz. He can barely spell his own user name.
QFT

With Harden gone OKC's 4th quarter offensive efficiency is going to be horrid. Dude's are gonna force Russell to be a PG ? Him and Durant both need someone to facilitate and help them pick their spots.

Nah the 4th is all kd or west brook ISO

Like every other team, they'll just go pick and roll with their 2 best players, 1-3 pick (possibly 4 if we're going small which Brooks pledged to do more of this yr). Ibaka is hitting corner 3s now, so he'll be at the 5 in the corner to preserve spacing. Some people like Maynor and Russ on the court together, The other 2 on the court I would say depend on matchups.

Harden got enough 4th quarter touches to lead the league in 4th quarter FTAs

I was just looking at wingspans though, Brooks should institute some sort of zone. Not full time, but Reggie Jackson has a 7ft wingspan, Jeremy Lamb's is 7'1, Perry Jones 3 is 7'2, Ibaka is 7'4, KD's is 7'5, Thabeet's is 7'6.

Kevin Martin is going to wear 23 and Jeremy Lamb will wear 11

Last edited:
These NBA teams are getting more and more ruthless after Lebron left cleveland. Gone are the days of waiting until a summer of free agency and then deciding, now you have to sign when they say, or get put on the trading block. Everybody is scared that they aren't going to get anything.:rofl:

Not sold on Jeremy Lamb, I don't feel like he's going to help them this season.

Reminds me a lot of the Green/Perkins trade for the Celtics. They were in a position to win a championship that year, and then they made a move that could potentially help them in the future, but messed up their chemistry that season.

Overall I think that trade worked out for Boston.

Not sold on Jeremy Lamb, I don't feel like he's going to help them this season.
Reminds me a lot of the Green/Perkins trade for the Celtics. They were in a position to win a championship that year, and then they made a move that could potentially help them in the future, but messed up their chemistry that season.
Overall I think that trade worked out for Boston.

How did that trade work for Boston....? They probably would have won atleast one more championship by now, Ray and Rondo probably wouldn't have started beefin and that team would still be one happy family. Instead, they just overpaid the **** out of a guy who's going to be their 7th man and sat at all of last year after heart surgery. And even though Perkins hasn't exactly been the defensive force he was in Boston, he still gives them legitimacy down there and gives them an attitude that they didn't have. But doing so also pretty much costed them having to lose Harden. Looks like that trade didn't work out too well for either team involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom