Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremy Lamb and PJ3 might have the most potential out of any player in this year's draft not named Anthony Davis. And now they're both on the Thunder.

Also, has nobody taken into account that Harden was thrusted into a larger playmaking role this year mainly because Eric Maynor went down and they had no backup point guard? Maynor's back and now they have two guys that can easily make up for Harden's scoring. Just as Harden was so good with Nick Collison coming off the bench last year, Maynor and Collison were GREAT together in the pick and roll the year before that.

Hey_
Does anyone else feel that it ain't OKC givin' up on Harden,
but Harden givin' up on OKC?
Julius F. Wrek

I wouldnt say "give up"

but I think when they offered homie 54 and he declined, he made it about his personal business opposed to winning in their eyes.

My dood wanted that MAX, n he got it. Cant no one be mad at it.

He bout to COOK dough.

Last edited:
I
And lets not forget, presti made the offer . Harden basically got trades because he couldn't stomach leaving 4.5 on the table. I'm sorry he is isn't a max guy, he's a bench player and the 3rd option in offense when all 3 are out there.

This is exactly how I feel. In the long run both organizations won and Harden lost. I understand there are no guarantees in sports but this could potentially destroy a 100 mil plus deal for Harden in the future. He’s not a max player and I don’t see him developing into that. If im right, Going to Houston is just going to expose that. In effect he’s risking a monster deal in the future and perennial championship contention now for 4 mil.

This is where you find out which players actually don't care about winning.

He could easily make that 4 mil from endorsements.

Yall keep talking about 4 mil, by going to Houston he's gonna get a whole hell of a lot more than that.

Word, he could be in line for a Russy type deal instead of the contract he was offered from OKC. I'm all about these guys getting paid to do what they do, the superstars and stars generate far more than they get paid in most situations. James has all the tools of becoming one of those star players, just made a business decision not to go the Manu route and be underpaid for the majority of his career; can't hate on that. And it helps the Lakers so of course I'm on board :tongue:

This is where you find out which players actually don't care about winning.

He could easily make that 4 mil from endorsements.
Except Houston is going to give him a 5 year deal, something that OKC couldn't.

Could he easily make that 26 million difference from endorsements?

Great trade for both teams.

Okc gets some value for Harden, seeing as they felt he wasn't going to resign with them for less money. They get a productive player in Kevin Martin, and a really promising rooking in Jeremy Lamb who in 3 years could be the next James Harden for them or even better.

H Town gets a guy who could potentially be a 20 point per game scorer in this league. He's shown flashes on both ends of the floor as being a person who can defend, get to the line, shoot it from deep, and play some point. Only time will tell if he can fulfill that role as the go to guy, but this is a risk that could potentially turn the Rockets in the right direction.

This is probably the most logical and sensible non-homer post in this thread.

This is exactly how I feel. In the long run both organizations won and Harden lost. I understand there are no guarantees in sports but this could potentially destroy a 100 mil plus deal for Harden in the future. He’s not a max player and I don’t see him developing into that. If im right, Going to Houston is just going to expose that. In effect he’s risking a monster deal in the future and perennial championship contention now for 4 mil.

Thought I was the only one that thought this. The reason why teams other than the Thunder were going to throw so much money at him was to be their star/#1 option. He's going to have every chance in the world this year in Houston to be that guy, and if he doesn't perform up to those standards he might get even less money then what the Thunder offered and be stuck in Houston or Utah. A risky look for dude.

Hey_

I wouldnt say "give up"
but I think when they offered homie 54 and he declined, he made it about his personal business opposed to winning in their eyes.
He bout to COOK dough.

Exactly.

I really don't think the anger at Presti is completely justified.

He could have waited, but that would have been looming over their heads for most of the season.

Harden spoke all year of "sacrifice",

Russ did it, KD did, as did Ibaka

But when it was Harden's turn...NOPE!

Harden after the Finals: “This team is like a family. Like, we’re really brothers. We hang out most of the time every single day. You won’t find any other team like this. I love it here. This is something special here. A dynasty is being built here. So we’re winning, we’re having fun and we’re brothers. The other stuff, you can’t buy it.”
Ok bruh.

I wish him the best, but he isn't a max player.

He gon' get it, but he ain't truly worth it, yet.

Julius F. Wrek

Hey_

I wouldnt say "give up"
He bout to COOK dough.

Exactly.

I really don't think the anger at Presti is completely justified.

He could have waited, but that would have been looming over their heads for most of the season.

Harden spoke all year of "sacrifice",

Russ did it, KD did, as did Ibaka

But when it was Harden's turn...NOPE!

Harden after the Finals: “This team is like a family. Like, we’re really brothers. We hang out most of the time every single day. You won’t find any other team like this. I love it here. This is something special here. A dynasty is being built here. So we’re winning, we’re having fun and we’re brothers. The other stuff, you can’t buy it.”
Ok bruh.

I wish him the best, but he isn't a max player.

He gon' get it, but he ain't truly worth it, yet.

Julius F. Wrek

Not many are

Homeboy is overrated; completely disappeared during the Finals.
Bunch of prisoners of the moment in here overreacting to 3 bad games. The evidence saying he's a really, really good player >>>> the evidence saying he isn't.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JJs07  

Has seriously everybody forgot in the past 24 hours that James Harden has looked like he forgot how to play basketball since the Finals?
He had an awful finals...so what? Does that cloud everything he's done up until that point? Sheesh....he's not the first, nor last guy to have an awful playoff series.

Last edited:
Ya acting like they traded durant ,y'all bugging okc still the best team in the west,laker fans are the worst,almost as bad as Yankee fans,and I'm a Yankees fan smh,glad they traded harden.durant needs more touches no more taking a back seat.hardens disappearing act in the finals proved that.
Hate lol

btw Yankee aint touching the Lakers in term of popularity

Outside of US. How many people know or follow the Yankee lol

Last edited:
Ya acting like they traded durant ,y'all bugging okc still the best team in the west,laker fans are the worst,almost as bad as Yankee fans,and I'm a Yankees fan smh,glad they traded harden.durant needs more touches no more taking a back seat.hardens disappearing act in the finals proved that.
Hate lol

btw Yankee aint touching the Lakers in term of popularity
Outside of US. How many people know or follow the Yankee lol

yankees aint touching the lakers in terms of success? LOLOLOLOL

im confused.. because i was just reading the espn article and this is what it said.

The Thunder offered Harden $55.5 million over four years -- $4.5 million less than the max deal Harden coveted and will get from the Rockets, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The Yankees aren't more popular than the Lakers? Domestically or Globally?

What?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Niketalk never ceases to amaze me, never.

right but Noah fills a huge need for them. Athleticism, defense, and SCORING in the post. Noah isnt a huge scorer, but he is light years ahead of Perk, while still being a great defender.

i like joakim, but he's only going to get you about 11 ppg. and very few of those points are from him putting in work on the block.

ibaka does the same thing Noah does, but he isn't the on the ball defender or the passer that Noah is.

im confused.. because i was just reading the espn article and this is what it said.
The Thunder offered Harden $55.5 million over four years -- $4.5 million less than the max deal Harden coveted and will get from the Rockets, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.
Chris Mannix  ‏@ChrisMannixSI

Houston can max Harden out with a five-year deal worth nearly $80 million, and probably will.

didnt know regular season meant anything.... :rolleyes

If one team was really "10 times" better than another, I would think, and common sense and logic would dictate, that th better team would basically always beat the other, wether the regular season or playoffs. But why should I expect you to let logic and reason stand in the way of your incessant trolling about anything Clippers related.

didnt know regular season meant anything....
eyes.gif
If one team was really "10 times" better than another, I would think, and common sense and logic would dictate, that th better team would basically always beat the other, wether the regular season or playoffs. But why should I expect you to let logic and reason stand in the way of your incessant trolling about anything Clippers related and everything.

RedNinetyFour ‏@RedNinetyFour
would b funny if rox now turned around and traded motiejunas and terrence jones to the lakers for pau gasol. and by funny i mean horrifying

:x :rofl:

didnt know regular season meant anything.... :rolleyes

If one team was really "10 times" better than another, I would think, and common sense and logic would dictate, that th better team would basically always beat the other, wether the regular season or playoffs. But why should I expect you to let logic and reason stand in the way of your incessant trolling about anything Clippers related.

im sorry but if you actually think Clippers have a better chance to make it to the WCF than OKC then please let us know what your smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom