Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
James harden and iguodala are the most overrated players in the league. Kevin Martin has averaged close to 20 points a game for most of his career, Jeremy lamb is a VERY promising player and they're getting two first rounders from a team that I don't see making the playoffs in the next year or two. Smh at the Rockets...but I guess it's worth the risk for a team that doesn't have much else going for them.

No. Martin is trash. Stop that noise asap.

the thunder have to trade kevin martin.. dont see how he fits in. he gonna need the ball in his hands, but you know that aint happening
..what? Martin was the definition of a true shooting guard. He's brutal now, though. The league stopped calling that rip through move and only give the "pump fake & jump into the guy" foul to superstars, so he doesn't get the line nearly as often as he used to and his efficiency has suffered.

He can still shoot 3s though.

Last edited:

Lets blame KD and Westbrook for signing max deals which in turn eventually squeezed out Harden.
they took less money
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
OKC. If I'm OKC I give Harden the max, pay the tax, and be the dominant team in the West once Kobe and Nash fade into the sunset. How is this a good trade for OKC? Morey gets blasted for stock piling draft picks, but OKC won in this deal. How? By declining to give Harden the max? When did ya'll become Kevin Martin believers all of sudden?
laugh.gif
. Martin is a good stop gap, and Lamb definitely has potential, but he's no James Harden. Harden doesn't make the Rockets a threat. But Harden is automatically becomes the best building block the Rockets currently have.
why pay the tax when you dont have to? and we blast morey cause he stocks up on picks and doesnt now how to use them, yet you houston fans want to call him a great GM

okc actually got a really good deal for harden. 2 first rounders, kmarts expiring contract, great rookie in jeremy lamb, for harden. okc needs harden right now but they didn't get a terrible deal for him.

How did Okc get the better part of the deal? With Harden your a title contender w/o him your not its really that simple!

you can say that about most teams if they lost there best player. statements like that are so stupid

That wasn't true for OKC before this trade though, that's my point. :rolleyes

If Russ goes down, Harden could've picked up that load. If Russ goes down now, who picks up that slack? Eric Maynor? Kevin Martin? Jeremy Lamb?

houston how did they get ripped off? they clearly got the better player... but if they pay the max i dont know :lol:

Yea, I'm kinda :rolleyes :rolleyes if he gets a max deal too. As far as the trade, I really wanted Lamb to develop on the Rockets, but I guess with how Terrence Jones has been playing, he's more important now and for the future than Lamb would be (based on position I think). I'm definitely gonna stay tuned to what Lamb does though, cause this could be good for both teams, or a blunder for either.

I said before that I felt Martin would try to get back to his old form for this season, but I'm interested in how he'd fit with with KD and Russ, cause he needs the ball to make plays. Giving up both picks though is another :rolleyes the Mavs pick will be low, but there's no telling what that Toronto pick could be.

:rofl: at Laker fans celebrating. Was Harden even the reason OKC won that series?? (serious question)

How did Okc get the better part of the deal? With Harden your a title contender w/o him your not its really that simple!
i didnt say they got the better part of the deal i just said they got a good deal for him. its not like they traded him for nothing (like ORL/Dwight situation)

Last edited:
Hey_

I understand chasing the money.

However, you had the chance to play for a perennial playoff contender, and be well paid.

Plus, you're marketable as hell!

You can get that endorsement money!

Glad OKC got rid of the scrubs (Lazar Hayward/Cole Aldrich) though.

Julius F. Wrek

Oh, the Rockets also traded Royce White & Terrence Jones too?

:lol: ya'll nit picking now. they didn't give 1 or so piece but its essentially the same. dwight howard is arguably the 3rd best player in the league. and james harden is.. what?

harden is no slouch, but dont front like his impact is anywhere near dwights.

okc actually got a really good deal for harden. 2 first rounders, kmarts expiring contract, great rookie in jeremy lamb, for harden. okc needs harden right now but they didn't get a terrible deal for him.

This. You need a Big 3 in todays game. It's not just a cliche thing either...that's why I'm surprised they didn't take a better offer for Harden and get back another sure all-star caliber player.

The problem now is who is gonna be thunder late game distributor when harden was there he basically played the point which allowed westbrook to just be a scorer which what he's best at, I don't think the thunder are done making moves

And Tyreke Evans is the next guy to possibly get traded

James harden and iguodala are the most overrated players in the league. Kevin Martin has averaged close to 20 points a game for most of his career, Jeremy lamb is a VERY promising player and they're getting two first rounders from a team that I don't see making the playoffs in the next year or two. Smh at the Rockets...but I guess it's worth the risk for a team that doesn't have much else going for them.
i see why you think nick young is a good player cause u only look at how many points he puts up a game

you dont know basketball point blank period

Lets blame KD and Westbrook for signing max deals which in turn eventually squeezed out Harden.

they took less money
:lol: :lol: :lol: OKC. If I'm OKC I give Harden the max, pay the tax, and be the dominant team in the West once Kobe and Nash fade into the sunset. How is this a good trade for OKC? Morey gets blasted for stock piling draft picks, but OKC won in this deal. How? By declining to give Harden the max? When did ya'll become Kevin Martin believers all of sudden? :lol: . Martin is a good stop gap, and Lamb definitely has potential, but he's no James Harden. Harden doesn't make the Rockets a threat. But Harden is automatically becomes the best building block the Rockets currently have.

why pay the tax when you dont have to? and we blast morey cause he stocks up on picks and doesnt now how to use them, yet you houston fans want to call him a great GM

Who said this :rofl: :rofl:? I thought that was just a running joke, didn't think people were serious when (if?) they mentioned that

The problem now is who is gonna be thunder late game distributor when harden was there he basically played the point which allowed westbrook to just be a scorer which what he's best at, I don't think the thunder are done making moves
And Tyreke Evans is the next guy to possibly get traded
Harden was basically ignored at the end of games because of Durant and Westbrook dominating the ball...

Andre Igoudala is overrated? And James Harden? Jesus.

Do you see how easily James Harden scores the basketball? Do you see him making plays for others? Do you see him slashing to the basket and getting to the line? James Harden gets to the line more times in a week than Nick Young gets to the line in a year.

Andre Iguodala is one of the most versatile players in the world, and is one of the best perimeter defenders in the League. He just has a weary jumpshot.

to the orlando magic mgmt, that's how you make a trade

this sort of takes pressure off of lin

okc doesnt get past san antonio without harden

Last edited:
Harden was basically ignored at the end of games because of Durant and Westbrook dominating the ball...

This. Durant and Westbrook ISO is all the Thunder did to end games. Watch any of Kevin Durant's end-game shots. Dribble for 15 seconds, drive, pull-up jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom