Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Maybe I slightly overrated DJ defensive abilities. All I'm saying is Jordan would've been there for them, and they could've received a different return for Monta.

Yes, it's asking a lot at this point given the injuries, but if Bogut can play 15 minutes per, it'll be a massive upgrade for the Warriors.

A relatively healthy Bogut blows Jordan out of the water defensively.

The only big that's better than Tyson defensively is a healthy, "motivated" Dwight Howard.

What's that? :lol:

:lol: Maybe I slightly overrated DJ defensive abilities. All I'm saying is Jordan would've been there for them, and they could've received a different return for Monta.

Getting out of that contract was great enough for the Warriors. It's a shame Biedrins is still soaking up all that cash though. At least if Bogut can provide SOMETHING, he will better their chances of going somewhere this year. Monta? No.

I just took a look at the Top 10 single salaries right now in the NBA.... :x

1. Kobe Bryant
$27,849,000
2. Brandon Roy
$21,459,805
3. Dirk Nowitzki
$20,907,128
4. Gilbert Arenas
$20,807,922
5. Amare Stoudemire
$19,948,799
6. Joe Johnson
$19,752,645
7. Carmelo Anthony
$19,450,000
8. Dwight Howard
$19,261,200
9. Pau Gasol
$19,000,000
10. Elton Brand
$18,160,354

There's three All-stars in there, and three All-NBA players from the previous year.

Brandon Roy and Gilbert Arenas, two of the top four, aren't playing in the NBA right now.

Dirk is a shell of what he was even two years ago, Amar'e the same, Joe is just okay, Dwight is hurt, Pau is a conundrum, and Elton Brand is merely a role player. Other names in the Top 30. Andrew Bynum (19), Rashard Lewis (22), Baron Davis (25).

Biedrins making 9 million this year, Richard Jefferson making 10 with a player option for 11 million next year. :x

Gana Diop making 7 million, Tyrus making 8 million, and Ben Gordon making 12 million with a player option for 13 million next year. :x

Devin Harris making 8.5 million.

Gerald Wallace making 10 million each of the next four years, while Kris gets 12 for the next two.

Lamar, DJ, and Caron Butler all making more money than Blake Griffin. :lol:

Mike Miller making more money than anyone outside of the Big 3, including Haslem, Ray Ray, Chalmers, and Battier.

When healthy, Bogut is one of the best, if not the best scoring big-man in the game.

And unlike many offensive bigs, he's extremely valuable on the defensive end.

The Warriors messed up rushing him back. That was the issue. Last year was the first year where he was out for a majority of the season.

Bogut is still under 30, and it's not a Greg Oden status.

The best scoring big men? He's scored over 15 points once and hasn't done it in 3 years since he destroyed his arm. That Bogut is LONG gone. He's a defensive guy now.

The best scoring big men? He's scored over 15 points once and hasn't done it in 3 years since he destroyed his arm. That Bogut is LONG gone. He's a defensive guy now.

Quality big men can still put up buckets. That's how Kaman is still in the League. Brand too, even though he's more of a forward than a Center.

There are four players that average more than 15 points right now. Brook Lopez, Greg Monroe, Dwight, and Big Pek.

Bogut's offensive arsenal >>> Dwight's.

Brook Lopez is the only guy who I can confidently say is better offensively than Bogut.

Guy's like DJ you can't throw the ball into the paint and create his own shot. Brook you can. Bogut you can. Pekovic you can. Greg Monroe you can. Not DeAndre Jordan. Not Tyson Chandler.

Bledsoe falls in the category of guards like Nate Robinson, Stuckey, Will Bynum, etc

This, seem like dude want to show off his athleticism more than making the right play.

He can't shoot neither.

The clippers half court game is just terrible

This why Chris Paul is my MVP so far. Clippers without him, they'd barely make the playoffs - if that.

7 of the top 10 salaries shouldn't even be getting paid that :smh:

And it was funny how people were kinda underplaying Chris value to the clippers....dude is a monster...hornets turned to instant **** once he left and he propelled the clippers instantly once he joined.....he single handily got deandre that contract and got Blake more overrated than what he is....if he skates this off season the clips will be battling for the 8th seed next year

If Chris was with the bobcats when the season started I feel like we'd be 7/8th in the east...that's how big his impact is IMO cause we suck smh

Last edited:
No idea what my post was saying. Dont wake up and immediately get on NT people.

Last edited:
Tinsley! Damn I didn't know he was in the L... Used to watch him as a Cyclone back in the day.

Speaking of that what ever happened to Marcus Fizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom