~| Official: MMG Thread: Pill Controversy Pg. 48 |~

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Get More: Music News
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by cartune

I always thought Ross should have went indie too. He could have been the first major artist to break the mold

Then we could have that quality he was dropping few years ago instead of these reaches for radio.
That's not how businessmen work though. In business the best business is when you spend someone else's money. Not your own. Ask Curtis. Why you think 50 begging for a deal from Interscope? You go indie and your album flops than what? That's money out of YOUR pocket lost.

And best believe Rawse and MMG is winning. I don't know what they getting everywhere else but down here in Dallas Rawse did a show and got 40 stacks himself and he only performed a few songs. There's money being made. Soundscan only tells one story. There's a lot of money to be made in this rap game if you're smart about it. Meek and Wale are getting nice show money as well.

Of course in business you should leverage other people's money but this music industry is changing and you dont need to be in debt to a company you dont even need. 
And all of his show money comes from people are booking him through Gucci and geda K I dont think he been on a official tour so what the hell does he need a label for? 

Ross is a gold artist not a superstar he should have played it safe and kept his momentum going and using his own ear .

now he gotta play to the strategies created by people who dont even know his fanbase. If "You Da Boss" and "Love My %$@*@*+" were going to be on his next album its clearly a reach for radio that failed. Back to the drawing board for a dude that coudnt do no wrong in a minute ago.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by cartune

I always thought Ross should have went indie too. He could have been the first major artist to break the mold

Then we could have that quality he was dropping few years ago instead of these reaches for radio.
That's not how businessmen work though. In business the best business is when you spend someone else's money. Not your own. Ask Curtis. Why you think 50 begging for a deal from Interscope? You go indie and your album flops than what? That's money out of YOUR pocket lost.

And best believe Rawse and MMG is winning. I don't know what they getting everywhere else but down here in Dallas Rawse did a show and got 40 stacks himself and he only performed a few songs. There's money being made. Soundscan only tells one story. There's a lot of money to be made in this rap game if you're smart about it. Meek and Wale are getting nice show money as well.

Of course in business you should leverage other people's money but this music industry is changing and you dont need to be in debt to a company you dont even need. 
And all of his show money comes from people are booking him through Gucci and geda K I dont think he been on a official tour so what the hell does he need a label for? 

Ross is a gold artist not a superstar he should have played it safe and kept his momentum going and using his own ear .

now he gotta play to the strategies created by people who dont even know his fanbase. If "You Da Boss" and "Love My %$@*@*+" were going to be on his next album its clearly a reach for radio that failed. Back to the drawing board for a dude that coudnt do no wrong in a minute ago.

^^I think everybody knows I can't stand Meek Mill, but at least Mill has an "it" factor if nothing else. Pill is
as boring as his name.

^^I think everybody knows I can't stand Meek Mill, but at least Mill has an "it" factor if nothing else. Pill is
as boring as his name.

Back
Top Bottom