Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Club29

Rampage hasnt had an impressive win since he beat Dan Henderson.

He beat a dwindling Wanderlei Silva, who was like what...1-4 in his last 5 fights at the time?

He beat Keith Jardine but....hell who HASNT beaten Keith Jardine?
laugh.gif

He's coming off a long layoff so he may have some ring-rust.

He trains at Wolfslair Academy, which is basically a glorified boxing gym. He hasnt flown in anyone from the States to help out with his wrestling, and if he thinks Rashad isnt gonna clinch and work takedowns, he's dead wrong.

I fully expect Rashad to use his superior speed to duck Rampage's big shots, work some leg kicks (it worked really well for Forrest Griffin he fought Rampage) in hopes of cutting Rampage's power down.

With Rampage's leg power slowed, he wont be able to step off properly and his big shots wont be as devastating.

Rashad will clinch, get some takedowns and try and out-cardio Rampage. Probably open up with some combos in the third round.

Rashad works with Greg Jackson who is arguably the best MMA trainer today when it comes to plotting strategies for his fighters.

Rashad has been working with guys like Shane Carwin, Jon Jones, Nate Marquardt, and the like. ALL big-time wrestlers with big power.

Rashad would be silly to box with Rampage. He knows this, he's not an idiot.

Its easy to just quote what I say and post rolling smileys, but its not fair to count Rashad out without backing up your claims.

29-28 UD Rashad Evans.

BOOK IT DANNO

Sig bet?

He beat a dwindling Wanderlei Silva, who was like what...1-4 in his last 5 fights at the time?

laugh.gif

He trains at Wolfslair Academy, which is basically a glorified boxing gym. He hasnt flown in anyone from the States to help out with his wrestling, and if he thinks Rashad isnt gonna clinch and work takedowns, he's dead wrong.

I fully expect Rashad to use his superior speed to duck Rampage's big shots, work some leg kicks (it worked really well for Forrest Griffin he fought Rampage) in hopes of cutting Rampage's power down.

With Rampage's leg power slowed, he wont be able to step off properly and his big shots wont be as devastating.

Rashad will clinch, get some takedowns and try and out-cardio Rampage. Probably open up with some combos in the third round.

Rashad works with Greg Jackson who is arguably the best MMA trainer today when it comes to plotting strategies for his fighters.

Rashad has been working with guys like Shane Carwin, Jon Jones, Nate Marquardt, and the like. ALL big-time wrestlers with big power.

Its easy to just quote what I say and post rolling smileys, but its not fair to count Rashad out without backing up your claims.

29-28 UD Rashad Evans.

BOOK IT DANNO

Yeah, but Rampage has always been working with a %*%% camp. The camp he has now, is still the best camp he's had, which is scary. Rashad has always had the same camp, he always has had Carwin, Marquardt, Nurse, GSP, etc. He's always cross trained like that. Those are his regular camps. Primetime glorified like Evans has just started training with the sparring partners you named just for this fight. The real indicator is when they fight, and Rashad, even in his win against Thiago where he almost got knocked out by a gassing Silva, has never looked super impressive in his fights. I'm sure Rampage would have more quality wins (considering he was 1 win away from a title shot, and if Rashad didn't lose to Machida, then he probably would've gotten one right after his win against Jardine) if he wasn't out of the game for 14 months. Rashad's "superior speed" isn't going to make up for his lack of striking technique. He leaves his hands low, waste movement with his predictable head movement, and outside of a bomb Rampage has nothing to worry about standing at all. And you gotta think that Rampage knows Rashad's best chance to win is to wrestle and you've seen probably 1/100th of any of these guys training camp through watching Primetime, it's a great show, but it's a horrible indicator to what their training camp really was like. And Hendo's clinch game is better then Rashad's. Hendo's greco background makes for a much better style of wrestling in the clinch then Rashad's freestyle and Rampage more then held his own in the clinch against Hendo. Rashad can shoot in, but Rampage has always been very strong and he has good TD defense and pinning him down is much harder with his strength.

And you don't become proficient in legs kicks in a short time. Forrest has ALWAYS been known for his kicks. He's known for it. It's much easier to time a leg kick and come in with a straight then it is to learn to throw a proper leg kick (especially with Rampage's boxing being so crisp). Forrest is much taller then Rashad, Rampage found his way inside Forrest a couple times, it's gonna be much easier for Rampage to get inside Evans.

But then again, I can keep naming, IMO, why Rampage would win the fight, but I can't predict ring rust. Rashad has been busy fighting, Rampage has not. I just hope at the end of the day the fire lit under Rampage's @!$ can off set that. I honestly think that Rampage hates Rashad more then Rashad hates Rampage. He called him an Uncle Tom out of all things to say. We'll see if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Great posts by both Club29 and Mayhem Monkey. If it's a 3 rounder, I think Rampage will gas and Rashad will take it by scoring points. The long layoff, the outside distractions from Hollywood, and now bigger pressure to win are going to be huge negatives for Rampage. 
 I got Rampage by first round KO, Rashad been rocked twice really bad in his last two fights. And like Mayhem Monkey said you can't teach leg kicks overnight and Rampage's takedown defense is excellent.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

laugh.gif

29-28 UD Rashad Evans.

BOOK IT DANNO

Yeah, but Rampage has always been working with a %*%% camp. The camp he has now, is still the best camp he's had, which is scary. Rashad has always had the same camp, he always has had Carwin, Marquardt, Nurse, GSP, etc. He's always cross trained like that. Those are his regular camps. Primetime glorified like Evans has just started training with the sparring partners you named just for this fight. The real indicator is when they fight, and Rashad, even in his win against Thiago where he almost got knocked out by a gassing Silva, has never looked super impressive in his fights. I'm sure Rampage would have more quality wins (considering he was 1 win away from a title shot, and if Rashad didn't lose to Machida, then he probably would've gotten one right after his win against Jardine) if he wasn't out of the game for 14 months. Rashad's "superior speed" isn't going to make up for his lack of striking technique. He leaves his hands low, waste movement with his predictable head movement, and outside of a bomb Rampage has nothing to worry about standing at all. And you gotta think that Rampage knows Rashad's best chance to win is to wrestle and you've seen probably 1/100th of any of these guys training camp through watching Primetime, it's a great show, but it's a horrible indicator to what their training camp really was like. And Hendo's clinch game is better then Rashad's. Hendo's greco background makes for a much better style of wrestling in the clinch then Rashad's freestyle and Rampage more then held his own in the clinch against Hendo. Rashad can shoot in, but Rampage has always been very strong and he has good TD defense and pinning him down is much harder with his strength.

And you don't become proficient in legs kicks in a short time. Forrest has ALWAYS been known for his kicks. He's known for it. It's much easier to time a leg kick and come in with a straight then it is to learn to throw a proper leg kick (especially with Rampage's boxing being so crisp). Forrest is much taller then Rashad, Rampage found his way inside Forrest a couple times, it's gonna be much easier for Rampage to get inside Evans.

But then again, I can keep naming, IMO, why Rampage would win the fight, but I can't predict ring rust. Rashad has been busy fighting, Rampage has not. I just hope at the end of the day the fire lit under Rampage's @!$ can off set that. I honestly think that Rampage hates Rashad more then Rashad hates Rampage. He called him an Uncle Tom out of all things to say. We'll see if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

You make good points, you always do.

Im not basing what I see off of Primetime, i try go as in-depth as possible.

I just dont see how people can write Rashad off as some lamb being led to slaughter.

I also dont see the need for you to to put "superior speed" in quotes as if its some sort of falsehood. Rashad has proven that he has excellent speed, and I would hardly call his head movement predictable.

Its also quite obvious Rashad has gotten into Rampage's head. While many will believe that this will fuel Rampage and make him more dangerous, people forget that Anger and Rage are a double-edged sword.

In the end, we can probably continue a back-and-forth debate about why we think what we think, but we wont change eachothers minds.

Which isnt a bad thing at all; If everyone felt the same way about everything, the world would be a pretty bland environment.

I say "superior speed" not to disregard Rashad, but to help Rampage out when people say he's slow. He has very good hand speed, his left hook and uppercuts come out quick. His left hook in particular is thing of beauty that you don't see much in MMA these days (in though it seems the top guys are putting much more emphasis on their lead hand). And you're right, this fight is way to close to call to change anyone's mind. The only way this will be settled is on Saturday.

MMA Live on espn 2 at 1am

I don't see Rashad winning..i just don't think he cant bang with Rampage. I also don't see Rashad taking rampage to the ground

I think rampage best camp was when he was with juanito. It seemed like he primarily worked boxing with juanito but it was so effective minus the forrest fight. That was the best rampage i have seen. Wolfslair is a good camp and i think its great for rampage. Seems like they work on all aspects of fighting and not focus on one.

If rashad can use leg kicks and make rampage check them which he didnt in the forrest fight it can get interesting. Rashad is a good wrestler but so is rampage. I think a lot of people have rampage winning via ktfo. Rashad imo has been an underdog since tuf days and he has surprised us with some nice ko's.

I like both fighters so its hard for me to pick. I wouldnt mind rashad winning since so many people hate on him for the dumbest reasons. Just hope its a good fight.

this might end up like the evans-silva fight. rashad wrestling for a decision and rampage wanting to slug it out but just too tired to do so.
ohwell.gif
i'm still with rampage on this one though.

nice knockout by kid.

wowww the ref steppin in to adjust jaleks pants when sakuraba was gettin the kimora.
indifferent.gif

Cannot wait to see Page and Rashad tonite. If Page KOs him I will lose my mind from happiness. I hate Rashad. He is the big mouth. Page just talks to be funny and Rashad talks to hear himself. "He thinks hes too cool for school. But I got news for you. You aren't. "

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Cannot wait to see Page and Rashad tonite. If Page KOs him I will lose my mind from happiness. I hate Rashad. He is the big mouth. Page just talks to be funny and Rashad talks to hear himself. "He thinks hes too cool for school. But I got news for you. You aren't. "

Eh, Rampage is a douche also.  He plays a character and tries too hard to be funny.  I'm not amused by him driving his monster truck into other cars or dryhumping an interviewer.  I hope the fight ends in a double knockout.  
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

Anybody know where this will be streamed online? Greatly appreciated.

If you dont mind paying I know a site that will stream perfect stream for 4 bucks paypal

Back
Top Bottom