Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I disagree. UFC 100> UFC 101
Lesnar vs Mir Rematch: Which Brock Almost took.
St. Pierre Vs Pitbull: Both are strong but Thiago's kicks are something to fear
eek.gif

StunGun Dong Hyun Kim and his Judo throws are definitely amazing.
My Dude Jon Jones always puts on a show
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Henderson vs. The Count. I'm rooting for Team U.K.
Overall I choose to go to UFC 100 and I will be attending
pimp.gif

BTW: Wanderlei, Kongo & CroCop.
pimp.gif
Guaranteed wins

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

mcfedries getting the boot from mfs for opening his blab hole.
laugh.gif
hahaha maybe he will go to a team that will actually teach him aspects of the ground game and some submission skills... but then again, probablynot. Chances are he ends up with H.I.T. Squad or whatever Matt Hughes team is called.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

anyone going to UFC 100?

me and some of my boys might be making the trip to 101 tickets are expensive though...but seeing Penn vs Florian and Silva vs Forrest might be worth it
I've got my tix to 101 and will be making the trek from NYC...I went to Affliction 2 in Cali in Jan...but never have been to a UFC event live,can't wait.

Originally Posted by rickybadman

I give credit, he is a good fighter but he talks like he is a great one. I mean besides Gomi and Lawler a couple years ago, he has not beaten anyone of significance. He would not even be top 5 in the 155, 170, or 185 in the UFC. Strikeforce will protect his @%+ because they know he sells tickets.

Aren't you the same guy who said Mike Brown got lucky the first fight against Faber?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

mcfedries getting the boot from mfs for opening his blab hole.
laugh.gif
hahaha maybe he will go to a team that will actually teach him aspects of the ground game and some submission skills... but then again, probably not. Chances are he ends up with H.I.T. Squad or whatever Matt Hughes team is called.

H.I.T. Squad is most likely. half of the reason miletich was so pissed is not only that he put down his own camp but that he gave the credit to them.

^ I can tell you looked at Diaz's record rather than watch his actual fights. He was robbed in the karo fight which led to an unfortunate series ofevents(he woudnt have fought diego at that time) and like you said the lawler ko was years ago so why look at those UFC losses? He has evolved since then. Hewould make top 5 in the UFC. Mark my words. Penn is the only guy I can see him clearly getting beat by. The only thing florian can do is cut him in the facefor a W. Stevenson isn't going to do a damn thing. Sherk doesn't wanna box with Diaz, take Diaz to the ground and see what happens..

Ricky- I thought Diaz was cut for testing positive for Marijuana and he had some other outside the ring shenanigans (allegedly knocking out Riggs in ahospital)

As far as the Brown/Faber question, I was just making sure that was you, thanks for confirming. Faber was fighting the same way he always did leading up tothat fight, only difference was the level of competition IMHO.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

^ I can tell you looked at Diaz's record rather than watch his actual fights. He was robbed in the karo fight which led to an unfortunate series of events(he woudnt have fought diego at that time) and like you said the lawler ko was years ago so why look at those UFC losses? He has evolved since then. He would make top 5 in the UFC. Mark my words. Penn is the only guy I can see him clearly getting beat by. The only thing florian can do is cut him in the face for a W. Stevenson isn't going to do a damn thing. Sherk doesn't wanna box with Diaz, take Diaz to the ground and see what happens..
I know Diaz routinely trains for tri's and marathons and is in phenomenal shape, but at this stage in his career I think he has no chance ofmaking 155. My guess is he would fight at 170. Just going through the rankings, and of course they are arbitrary, but lets look at the top 5 170's in theUFC

GSP - would destroy Diaz, but its GSP
Fitch - tough to call. Fitch is an absolute monster, but I think Fitch would have his number
Alves - If Thiago can get in the clinch, work his MT, Id have my money on him
Kos - Very intriguing matchup here. With Diaz range and multitude of punches it could through Kos off his game. If he wants to use his wrestling and take himdown he does so at his own risk. Toss up for me.
Hughes - At this stage in his career I think Diaz would take Hughes 3 out of 4 times. Hughes might be able to outwrestle him but I feel that Diaz standup andsubmissions are better.

followed by Condit, Kampmann, and Swick

So would he crack top 5 in the UFC? I think so. Diaz would definitely be above "gate-keeper" status.

*edit*

I cant believe I'm goin to bat for Nick Diaz and defending him as a fighter. Look what you guys forced me into.

Judgin by his last few fights, I think Diaz could hold his own against anyone in the UFC's 170 division not named GSP. Not saying he could beat them allbut saying he would have a decent chance at Fitch, Alves, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of Diaz, but I think he's a damn good fighter. Other than GSP and Alves, I really don't think there's a WW in the UFC heCAN'T beat. I can easily see him TKO'ing Fitch/Huges/Koscheck. Diaz has never been KO'd or submitted, so for any of them to be able to do thatseems highyl unlikely to me.

Originally Posted by BC2310

Ricky- I thought Diaz was cut for testing positive for Marijuana and he had some other outside the ring shenanigans (allegedly knocking out Riggs in a hospital)

Weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Diaz

[h3]Return to the UFC[/h3]
Diaz returned to his hometown of Stockton and participated in the International Cage Fighting Organization's inaugural event, defeating Ray Steinbess by unanimous decision. Diaz was slated to fight in his hometown again against John Alessio when he received an unexpected call the night before the fight from the UFC asking to fill in for an ill Thiago Alves at UFC 62.

After Alessio pulled out, Diaz took advantage of the opportunity, submitting Josh Neer in the third round. Seemingly back in the UFC, Diaz stopped newcomer Gleison Tibau with strikes in his next fight at UFC 65. However even after the win and the reassurance that the UFC would give him another fight, Diaz decided to sign with the Gracie Fighting Championships and leave the UFC.[sup][5][/sup] GFC had Diaz scheduled to fight Thomas Denny in January 2007, but due to poor ticket sales was ultimately cancelled

These are his last few fights in the UFC including his two wins after his return:

[table][tr][td]14-6[/td] [td]Win[/td] [td] Gleison Tibau[/td] [td]TKO (strikes)[/td] [td]UFC 65: Bad Intentions[/td] [td]11/18/2006[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2:27[/td] [td] Sacramento, California, USA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13-6[/td] [td]Win[/td] [td] Josh Neer[/td] [td]Submission (kimura)[/td] [td]UFC 62: Liddell vs Sobral[/td] [td]8/26/2006[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1:42[/td] [td] Las Vegas, Nevada, USA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12-6[/td] [td]Win[/td] [td] Ray Steinbeiss[/td] [td]Decision[/td] [td]ICFO 1: Stockton[/td] [td]5/13/2006[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td] Stockton, California, USA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11-6[/td] [td]Loss[/td] [td] Sean Sherk[/td] [td]Decision (Unanimous)[/td] [td]UFC 59: Reality Check[/td] [td]4/15/2006[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5:00[/td] [td] Anaheim, California, USA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11-5[/td] [td]Loss[/td] [td] Joe Riggs[/td] [td]Decision (Unanimous)[/td] [td]UFC 57: Liddell vs Couture 3[/td] [td]2/4/2006[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5:00[/td] [td] Las Vegas, Nevada, USA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11-4[/td] [td]Loss[/td] [td] Diego Sanchez[/td] [td]Decision (Unanimous)[/td] [td]The Ultimate Fighter 2 Finale[/td] [td]11/5/2005[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5:00[/td] [td] Las Vegas, Nevada, USA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11-3[/td] [td]Win[/td] [td] Koji Oishi[/td] [td]KO (Punches)[/td] [td]UFC 53: Heavy Hitters[/td] [td]6/4/2005[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1:24[/td] [td] Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10-3[/td] [td]Win[/td] [td] Drew Fickett[/td] [td]TKO (Strikes)[/td] [td]UFC 51: Super Saturday[/td] [td]2/5/2005[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4:54[/td] [td] Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I'm not a huge fan of Diaz, but I think he's a damn good fighter. Other than GSP and Alves, I really don't think there's a WW in the UFC he CAN'T beat. I can easily see him TKO'ing Fitch/Huges/Koscheck. Diaz has never been KO'd or submitted, so for any of them to be able to do that seems highyl unlikely to me.

For real. I don't even think GSP can outstrike Diaz. GSP outwrestles wrestlers. I'm intrigued to see how GSP does against a striker such as ThiagoAlves. It shall be very interesting.

I cant believe I'm goin to bat for Nick Diaz and defending him as a fighter. Look what you guys forced me into.
laugh.gif
I know, he's a d bag but a talented one.

^ I said gsp won't outstrike nick. Gsp has never faced that good of a striker besides penn and with Penn he used his wrestling to void this. Like I saidgsp outwrestles wrestlers.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

^ I said gsp won't outstrike nick. Gsp has never faced that good of a striker besides penn and with Penn he used his wrestling to void this. Like I said gsp outwrestles wrestlers.

I'll eat crow if GSP beats Alves on the Standup
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom