Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

"Obviously i kicked the ##%@ outta this guy..."
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Easily my favorite fight of the weekend right here even though I feel bad for Scott Smith. Nick Diaz is definitely one of my favorite fighters. He plays MindGames so well, great boxing, Filthy Jiujitsu and an endless Gas tank.

qx8dq0.jpg

28k57hk.jpg

33yl3t4.jpg

168seiu.jpg

t02snb.jpg

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Easily my favorite fight of the weekend right here even though I feel bad for Scott Smith. Nick Diaz is definitely one of my favorite fighters. He plays Mind Games so well, great boxing, Filthy Jiujitsu and an endless Gas tank.

qx8dq0.jpg

i felt bad for smith watching that fight, guy's a warrior, made it to the 3rd even though he was already discombobulated in the first, i still cantbelieve nick diaz landed 200 punches, your head's bound to get scrambled sooner or later when it starts taking way to many punches, ive always questionednick diaz's style of boxing and the fact that he doesnt really put power into them but apparently he puts just enough power with that speed to startscrambling people's brains so big ups to him

as for this gif, something about this really bothered me when i saw it during the fight, i know nick diaz is supposed to be a bad boy and a trouble makercoming from stockton and all that which i sorta understand but something about that glove push rubbed me the wrong way, something very disrespectful about itand i mean beyond nick diaz's typical level of disrespect

i still cant believe nick diaz landed 200 punches, your head's bound to get scrambled sooner or later when it starts taking way to many punches, ive always questioned nick diaz's style of boxing and the fact that he doesnt really put power into them but apparently he puts just enough power with that speed to start scrambling people's brains so big ups to him

Yup, 200 in just one round, Never seen those kind of stats in MMA. I think most people just take those light punches and figure they can keep taking em. Afterwhile they become annoying and then the hard punches come in and you're not ready for em. This strategy just throws off his opponents rythem anddemoralizes them. You gotta be on some Machida type defense against Nick. I wanna see him back in the UFC.

Nick's kid brother is my favorite fighter.� Extremely knowledgeable about the game and when interviewed it's "I'm gonna whoop his@$$"

anyways didn't know if anyone else noticed this:

Jose got him with BOTH knees
eek.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

diaz boxing sucks.
I don't train or practice boxing so I can't breakdown his technique step by step, but from a functional perspective you couldn't bemore wrong. For MMA his boxing works and is highly effective. As much as I hate this dude, you can't knock his skills.

Diaz v. Lawler 2? I have to guess this is the next matchup for the kid. Hopefully Lawler puts this kid to sleep. Hell... I just want to see Diaz get KTFOonce.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

diaz boxing sucks.
I don't train or practice boxing so I can't breakdown his technique step by step, but from a functional perspective you couldn't be more wrong. For MMA his boxing works and is highly effective. As much as I hate this dude, you can't knock his skills.

Diaz v. Lawler 2? I have to guess this is the next matchup for the kid. Hopefully Lawler puts this kid to sleep. Hell... I just want to see Diaz get KTFO once.
Exactly, if this was an actual boxing match, he would get hurt badly. He's way too open for punches but I think that has to do with mindgamesmore than him not knowing how to put his hands up. It may look like crap on paper but he's been proving everyone wrong over and over. His style has workedgreat so far. Diaz V.S Lawler would be a great match. Since Diaz put down a bigger Frank Shamrock, I have faith in Diaz. I'd like to see Nick keep it onthe ground for this rematch though.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

23s8xdx.gif

LOL
Champ Mike Brown: $25,256 (includes $13,000 win bonus)
def. Urijah Faber: $25,790
LMFAO Horrible payout..Anyway, that Faber story is wild as hell.
pimp.gif

I wouldn't say horrible. Urijah filled Arco up. They came to see Urijah win, not watch Mike Brown lose.

Half the people there were wearing "Alpha Male" shirts or one of this No Fear Energy shirts. That's not even hyperbole. HALF.

I'd argue that Urijah was UNDERpaid.

UFC 99 this weekend, after wathcing the countdown show last night, I'm amped to see the Kongo/Cain fight more than Wand/Franklin!!

Them producers really know how to sell a fight
laugh.gif

What I'm wondering though, since it's in Germany, is the PPV gonna air earlier than normal?? I'm at work and can't check UFC.com.
ohwell.gif

UFC 99: Franklin vs. Silva

MAIN CARD (televised)

Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva
Cheick Kongo vs. Cain Velasquez
Ben Saunders vs. Mike Swick
Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy
Spencer Fisher vs. Caol Uno
Mustapha al Turk vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-televised)

Justin Buchholz vs. Terry Etim
Dale Hartt vs. Denis Siver
Peter Sobotta vs. Paul Taylor
Roli Delgado vs. Paul Kelly
Denis Stojnic vs. Stefan Struve
John Hathaway vs. Rick Story

MAIN CARD (televised)

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-televised)

Justin Buchholz vs. Terry Etim
Dale Hartt vs. Denis Siver
Peter Sobotta vs. Paul Taylor
Roli Delgado vs. Paul Kelly
Denis Stojnic vs. Stefan Struve
John Hathaway vs. Rick Story

War Cro Cop!!! I think I wanna go to UFC 104 in LA. It would be my first UFC event.

great card this weekend.

ultimate finale main event should be intriguing too.

guida gonna try and Clay n' Pray all over sanchez' ***.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by wildout4

pimp.gif

nick diaz is that dude
I hate Nick Diaz, he swears he is so great but he would get worked if he was still in the UFC.

I hate Diaz as much as anyone else but c'mon, give credit where credit is due. Don't let his douche like attitude cloud your judgment. This dude gotskills. Its not like UFC fighters are leaps and bounds above any other org. Would Diaz be a champ at 185 or 170? Hell no. But he would be atleast middle ofthe pack, possibly cracking top 5 in each weight class.

On to UFC99

I'm with Monopoly. No chance that Al-Turk pulls it off but by some miracle if he beats Cro Cop, dude needs to hang em up.

Unfortunately I will not be buying this fight. Probably the first one in a long time that I havent dropped the $50 on. Hopefully one of yall can come throughwith a live feed
happy.gif

Velasquez v. Kongo definitely seems like the more intriguing matchup for future considerations. Lets see if Kongo is deserving of title shot talk, and also ifVelasquez is deserving of all the super hype that he has gotten. I don't think that Velasquez is going to run through Kongo like he has in his otherfights. Kongo's reach and power could be a problem, not to mention his takedown defense. I'm kinda feelin Kongo in the upset.

Frankin v. Silva should be highly entertaining. Both dudes always bring it and press the action.

One fight I thought looks kind of funny.

Denis Stojnic v. Stefan Struve - Isn't Stojnic the guy who fought Velasquez in his last fight? Dude reminds me of a white Ironhead Fujita. Kinda shorter(for a HW) rounder lookin dude who took an absolute beating but kept on coming forward. I don't know anything about Struve except that his nickname isGiant Gan Mc... i mean..."The Skyscraper" and he's about 7 ft tall. Just on size/body shape alone it reminds me of a Japanese Freakshow matchlike the Super Hulk tournament. Interesting to see how this plays out if they show it.

^ sounds good to me. I got no respect for kongo since he kneed cro cop on the balls on purpose. Dude even admitted it. I hope Cain puts a hurting on him. I wasgoing to put money on Cain because I thought the odds would be in kongos favor but apparently everyone knows whatsup.

Not a huge MMA fan but I always enjoy watching Silva fight. I trust yall gonna hook it up with the live streams like usual?

anyone going to UFC 100?

me and some of my boys might be making the trip to 101 tickets are expensive though...but seeing Penn vs Florian and Silva vs Forrest might be worth it

Back
Top Bottom