Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

eek.gif
sick fight

brown
pimp.gif

indeed. i usually get pretty bored when fights go the distance, especially championship bouts, but this was an amazing fight.

Can't wait for Faber/Brown III, its happening if Brown defends against Aldo and Urijah comes back 100%

Kid was a warrior, really impressed he stayed in the fight without two good hands.

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

Faber got a heart of a warrior. 4 Rounds with a broken hand, looked to me both hands coulda been hurt.

Only Guy I'd pay to watch in MMA

and yea he was barely even slappin with the Left in the 4th.
If he had a good hand, he woulda locked on to one of them Chokes.

Dude's Hands are Crazy Fast. He chose the wrong Sport
nerd.gif
happy.gif

btw Brown is a Beast, I kinda thought he landed the luckiest punch ever in the 1st fight but Nah, dude is 100 % Legit

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

Faber got a heart of a warrior. 4 Rounds with a broken hand, looked to me both hands coulda been hurt.

Only Guy I'd pay to watch in MMA

and yea he was barely even slappin with the Left in the 4th.
If he had a good hand, he woulda locked on to one of them Chokes.

Dude's Hands are Crazy Fast. He chose the wrong Sport
nerd.gif
happy.gif

btw Brown is a Beast, I kinda thought he landed the luckiest punch ever in the 1st fight but Nah, dude is 100 % Legit
I wasn't too impressed by Brown. He's a very strong guy for the weight class but I think he was just using his power most of the time topush around Faber. Even Browns punches didnt impress me much.

Was @ the fight, was a blast! Tons of Faber fans in the house... would have loved to have seen results if Fabers hand didn't break -- he has so much heartand is so quick & tricky. Looking forward to a 3rd fight!

Awesome fight considering Urijah had half of one hand. I thought he had Brown with the spinning elbow in the scramble with 10 seconds left.

Props to Brown, but I gotta say that there was about four different spots when that fight ends if Faber's hands were ok. What ifs aside, that was fun towatch.

I don't know if you can see this, but x-ray pics from Urijah's twitter
http://twitpic.com/6w0f4

Awesome fight. Too bad Uriah's hand was broken, but I'm sure he'll be back. Very Enjoyable match.

Props to Faber for fighting with that broken hand. The fight was still entertaining though and hopefully we'll get to see them fight for a third time withUrijah trying to win that belt back. And that right hand was puffy.

some of yall were saying faber can be mentioned in the same breath as gsp and anderson silva
roll.gif

dont even mention the hand. joe f'ing riggs broke both of his hands and still won the other night. there isnt even reasonfor a 3rd fight.

great fight for brown. just tucks his chin and then gets to work.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

some of yall were saying faber can be mentioned in the same breath as gsp and anderson silva
roll.gif

dont even mention the hand. joe f'ing riggs broke both of his hands and still won the other night. there isnt even reason for a 3rd fight.

He fought Phil Baroni....PHIL BARONI. Also, 5 round fight > 3 round fight. Apples to Oranges my man.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

roll.gif

dont even mention the hand. joe f'ing riggs broke both of his hands and still won the other night. there isnt even reason for a 3rd fight.

He fought Phil Baroni....PHIL BARONI. Also, 5 round fight > 3 round fight. Apples to Oranges my man.
hahahaha when the man is right, he is right. I see where Clutch is comin at with the Riggs and Faber comparison, but Brown is just a taddifferent than Baroni.

As much as I love to watch Faber fight, I dont know if a Brown v. Faber III will do anything for me (personally). I'd much rather see him try and make thecut to 135 or hell... do what Strikeforce is doing and set it at a catchweight, but have Faber bang with Torres. I mean I cant knock Torres' skills asthat dude is definitely a top 5 P4P fighter, but I just wanna see the kid get KTFO. Maybe its his haircut, I dont know, but just something about him.

I had a ton of fun in Arco last night.

When "California Love" came on, the crowd went nuts.

I've heard crowd reactions in many different circumstances. I was at PacBell when Bonds hit 68. I've been in The Roaracle and have heard the best ofthe "We Believe" contingent. I've heard Stone Cold's glass break smack dab in the middle of the Attitude Era at Royal Rumble '98 in TheShark Tank. But I've never really experienced the combination of absolute rage and love when Uriah came out to Dr Dre and Tupac.

It was crazy.

I kept running into Scott Smith, caught a glimpse of Nick Diaz, and shook hands with Dana White and thanked him for coming out to Sac.

One of the guys sitting next to me was telling me that the place wasn't as packed as Faber vs. Pulver I, but it definite as loud, if not louder.

I'm definitely going to be in the house at UCF 102. Anything even remotely close, and I'm going to the event. They're just way too much fun.

^^ damn thats cool Bastich... they still dont have MMA events in NY so i wont be seeing one in person anytime soon
smh.gif
smh.gif
oh well...

anyways, heres the X-Rays from Fabers right hand, got these off his Twitter. dude posted them with the quickness
laugh.gif

8932-Faber_11571199.jpg

8932-Faber_11571232.jpg

8932-Faber_11571344.jpg

I broke and dislocated 3 metacarples when i was in high school during a basketball game and it hurt like a mother #*$(!@, it actually looked a lot like Fabershand after the fight with all the swelling...

I didnt clean break the bones but 3 (the 2 that faber busted and the next one) fractures and dislocations required surgery and a cast, dont remember how longit took to heal. Hopefully he comes back 100% and can take back his belt

thats typical "Boxers Fracture"
Ive done that before. Landing the punch the wrong way and on the wrong side. it wass DONE!

Back
Top Bottom