Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I think Brock Lesnar shouldn't even be in MMA. Back to the card. GSP vs. Fitch is going to be a good one but GSP is going to come out the victor. The fightI want to see most is KenFlo vs. Huerta. Come on KenFlo do it for Boston!!!

Can I ask why people don't think Brock belongs? He is coming in with more credentials then most people coming into MMA. If it has to do with the prowrestling thing I hope you know that MMA has a rich history in pro wrestling. Hell Shooto is the oldest MMA org. currently still going on and it was started bySatoru Sayama, a pro wrestler. One of the biggest MMA fights in history was fought with a pro wrestler (Gracie/Takada). If I list how many MMA fighterswere/are pro wrestlers I would be here all day.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Can I ask why people don't think Brock belongs? He is coming in with more credentials then most people coming into MMA. If it has to do with the pro wrestling thing I hope you know that MMA has a rich history in pro wrestling. Hell Shooto is the oldest MMA org. currently still going on and it was started by Satoru Sayama, a pro wrestler. One of the biggest MMA fights in history was fought with a pro wrestler (Gracie/Takada). If I list how many MMA fighters were/are pro wrestlers I would be here all day.

Seriously. Brock is an athletic freak and combine that he has an excellent wrestling background(4 time all american and NCAA champ) I think he can easilybecome a force not just in the UFC but in the HW division in all of MMA. So what he lost to Frank Mir, a bjj black belt and former UFC HW champ, it was hissecond MMA match ever and he almost beat Mir into another world. Give him time.

This "Brock Lesnar was a pro wrestler garbage therefore he doesn't belong in MMA" is laughable.

Does that mean Barnett should stop fighting? Is Cro Cop a lesser fighter because he appeared in pro wrestling? Is Saku's legacy tarnished because he was apro wrestler?

Lesnar's wrestling credentials are some of the best in MMA. Period. I could give a damn if he was a WWF champion.

[h1]Aleksander Emelianenko out, Chris Horodecki in for Oct. 11 Affliction[/h1]
by Dann Stupp and George Garcia on Aug 06, 2008 at 6:19 pm ET

chris-horodecki-sm.jpg
LAS VEGAS - Former IFL fighter and MMA prodigy Chris Horodecki (12-1) has signed a three-fight deal with Affliction and will debut with the organization at its Oct. 11 event at UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

However, Aleksander Emelianenko (13-3) -- a heavyweight fighter who was pulled from Affliction's debut event just seconds before he was set to weigh in for his fight with Paul Buentello -- will not be part of the October event.

Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio told MMAjunkie.com of the fight-card updates during today's "Day of Reckoning" press conference in Las Vegas.

Dope. Horodecki is responsible for one of the most exciting MMA fights I've ever seen.

THAT'S the kind of move that will make Affliction legitimate. The names are cool, don't get me wrong. But it's filling in the lower portions ofthe card that will make them a long term threat.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about his fight with Shad Lierley. It's a quality brawl. My personal favorite though is when he fought Shultz...

80kjy86.gif

Anyone know what's going on with Aleksander Emelianenko? 2 cards in a row,.? Does he have legal issues? Drug problems? I am 100% that the Emelianenko havebodies to their names but this seems odd.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Can I ask why people don't think Brock belongs? He is coming in with more credentials then most people coming into MMA. If it has to do with the pro wrestling thing I hope you know that MMA has a rich history in pro wrestling. Hell Shooto is the oldest MMA org. currently still going on and it was started by Satoru Sayama, a pro wrestler. One of the biggest MMA fights in history was fought with a pro wrestler (Gracie/Takada). If I list how many MMA fighters were/are pro wrestlers I would be here all day.

Seriously. Brock is an athletic freak and combine that he has an excellent wrestling background(4 time all american and NCAA champ) I think he can easily become a force not just in the UFC but in the HW division in all of MMA. So what he lost to Frank Mir, a bjj black belt and former UFC HW champ, it was his second MMA match ever and he almost beat Mir into another world. Give him time.
Everyone said the same thing about Kevin Randleman @ 205... Brock's defiantly going to need standup if he wants any type of success which Idon't think he will have... I hope I'm wrong though...

There is a rumor that Aleks has Hep B.

As for Brock, I think people are turned off by the hype. He may be a world class olympic wrestler, but he was made out to be such a big deal in MMA just to getsubbed on some BS ankle lock.

So he's not really a complete MMA fighter.

It's almost like Kimbo. The beef really is that they're made out to be so much more than they really are (although it's not exactly the same givenBrock's wrestling pedigree).

Saying I'm excited for this weekends card is an UNDERSTATEMENT!! I am f'n pumped to see my boys Roger and Georges put in WORK Saturday night!!!!!It's gonna be a great f'n night!!!!!!!

MAIN CARD

Champ Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch (for welterweight title)
Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring - Too tough to call, but if I HAD to pick, I take Heath just cuz I HATE the way Brock cuts promos.
Kenny Florian vs. Roger Huerta
Rob Emerson vs. Manny Gamburyan
Jason MacDonald vs. Demian Maia

PRELIMINARY CARD

Luke Cummo vs. Tamdan McCrory
Dan Evensen vs. Cheick Kongo
Jon Jones vs. Andre Gusmao
Steve Bruno vs. Chris Wilson
Ben Saunders vs. Ryan Thomas

Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring -

PRELIMINARY CARD

Ken Flo Will Handle Huerta. Tap Out 2nd Round Callin it now.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Seriously. Brock is an athletic freak and combine that he has an excellent wrestling background(4 time all american and NCAA champ) I think he can easily become a force not just in the UFC but in the HW division in all of MMA. So what he lost to Frank Mir, a bjj black belt and former UFC HW champ, it was his second MMA match ever and he almost beat Mir into another world. Give him time.
Everyone said the same thing about Kevin Randleman @ 205... Brock's defiantly going to need standup if he wants any type of success which I don't think he will have... I hope I'm wrong though...

I'm not going to disagree with you but Brock is extremely strong and fast and not just for his weight division compared to Randleman.

MAIN CARD

Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring

PRELIMINARY CARD

dids any1 hear bouts Fedor n his russian cousins tryna 2 take over the world!?

they jus attackd ray charles and the state of georgia smh. i have pics of fedor puttin jamie fox in a armbar.

wondering, do they sale authentic fighter shorts anywhere online?

i collect ncca bball shorts and bj's black belt shorts or chuck's icemantv shorts would be dope.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

wondering, do they sale authentic fighter shorts anywhere online?

i collect ncca bball shorts and bj's black belt shorts or chuck's icemantv shorts would be dope.

Most fighter shorts are just fight shorts with sponsors all over them. Go to mmawarehouse.com for those. You can get BJ's shorts at RVCA.

http://shop.rvca.com/BJ_Penn_Trunk/pd/c/505/np/505/p/1237.html

The Icemantv shorts are made by Tapout. They had the older versions of the shorts on the site but they're sold out. I never remember them releasing thenew ones with the icicles. They got some fighter shorts in stock I think. Last time I saw they still had the Pink Rich Franklin's. I know Venum makes a lotof specfic fighter shorts (Filho, Monson, Kang, etc.).

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

still haven't found someone dumb enough to bet against my man Georges lol..

l_e1bb1d86682de842478bc14e7b486678.png

hahahaha i know 1 dude who made stacks betting against GSP for his first fight with Matt Serra. I told him he was an idiot throwing his money away. I hadmy crow for dinner.

I really think Huerta is gonna get a rude awakening tonight. It's gonna be good KenFlo All the way guy is no joke.

As for Fitch/GSP I have GSP winning but Im still up in the air with this one Fitch is a tough guy. it's gonna be good.

pumped.

on the mma tip, was out shopping today and saw some affliction tees for the first time in my city and damn things were $70.

gotta be #$@* -ing joking.

Back
Top Bottom