Official Minnesota T'Wolves 2010-11 Season Thread (17-65) Worst. Season. Ever. Get that #1 Pick.

I'd like to get some opinions from you guys on Martell Webster. Being on the west coast, it's really hard to diagnose The Wolves without being able to watch them consistently, but he seems to be a really good fit for what Minnesota is trying to do.

A really good role player that could eventually help in tying this team together.

Flynn and co. help too of course, but Webster had a few years in Portland where he was nothing more than potential, so coming to Minnesota might breath life into his career in the sense that he can find his place in the NBA instead of having insurmountable expectations.

Good win
pimp.gif
Hornets in town tomorrow night. 

Disappointing to lose that game.

No Carmelo Anthony.
No Kenyon Martin.

And still a loss.
30t6p3b.gif
The defenders simply could not stop giving the Denver three point shooters open looks. Any time the Wolves would get any sort of momentum Denver would come down and quiet the crowd with an And 1 or a silencing three pointer.

I'll be at the Nets game on Saturday, 5th row
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e_r.gif

No Carmelo Anthony.
No Kenyon Martin.

And still a loss.
30t6p3b.gif
The defenders simply could not stop giving the Denver three point shooters open looks. Any time the Wolves would get any sort of momentum Denver would come down and quiet the crowd with an And 1 or a silencing three pointer.

By the way, getting to 30 wins (my goal for the team) means they can only have 52 losses. They already have 25, almost half way to the loss total I've targeted.

Meaning, with 8 wins, they're 7 behind the pace they should be at.

Gotta pick it up from here on out.

By the way, getting to 30 wins (my goal for the team) means they can only have 52 losses. They already have 25, almost half way to the loss total I've targeted.

Meaning, with 8 wins, they're 7 behind the pace they should be at.

Gotta pick it up from here on out.

who are u guys giving us for Anthony Randolph ?

Beasley, K.Love & rights to Rubio ?

laugh.gif

who are u guys giving us for Anthony Randolph ?

Beasley, K.Love & rights to Rubio ?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

No Carmelo Anthony.
No Kenyon Martin.

And still a loss.
30t6p3b.gif

damn 5th row how did you get those?

Originally Posted by JPZx

No Carmelo Anthony.
No Kenyon Martin.

And still a loss.
30t6p3b.gif

damn 5th row how did you get those?

Originally Posted by Proshares

http://[h3]

http://[h3]Knicks prefer Ridnour over Telfair[/h3]
8:07AM ET

[h5]Sebastian Telfair | Timberwolves [/h5]

UPDATE No. 2: Alan Hahn of Newsday confirms the Knicks and Wolves have talked about Randolph.

According to Hahn, the Knicks would think about a deal for Randolph, if it included Luke Ridnour or a draft pick, instead of Telfair.

-- Nick Borges

----

UPDATE: According to sources speaking to Ken Berger of CBS Sports, the Wolves are coveting Anthony Randolph in return for Telfair.

With Randolph essentially out of the Knicks' rotation, it's possible he could be had. Though, as noted below, the Knicks aren't too hard after Telfair at the moment. It's been reported New York might also use Randolph to acquire a draft pick, which they might use to to try and bolster an offer for Carmelo Anthony.

If the Wolves include a pick in such a Randolph-Telfair swap, it could entice the Knicks to pull the trigger more.

Yet, even with a another draft pick, it's believed they're still a longshot to land Anthony via trade.

---

It's been widely reported the Knicks are after a quality, affordable backup PG behind Raymond Felton.

One name that's popped up is Brooklyn native Sebastian Telfair. Telfair is on an expiring contract, and has fallen down the depth chart for the Timberwolves due to Jonny Flynn coming back off injury.

But while Telfair is on the team's radar, it doesn't appear like New York is hard after him.

"The Knicks and Timberwolves have had talks regarding Telfair, but Knick sources say while Bassy would be serviceable he won't solve their problem and the Knicks are in no hurry to deal for him," reported Steve Kyler of HOOPSWORLD.

A few other point guards on expiring contracts the Knicks could possibly target are Earl Boykins, Ronnie Price or Earl Watson.

-- Ryan Corazza

http://
[/h3]
I don't know how good Randolph is because I haven't seen him in 2 years because he's buried on that bench but I wouldn't mind this trade.

IMO as a wolves fan when Rubio does come over he'll start on opening day but I think as the season goes forward Flynn will be out there crunch time. Because I don't think Rubio right away will be a good spot up shooter if he plays off of Beasley and Love.

And I would say keep Gaines or Bassy as that 3 pg just in case.

Originally Posted by Proshares

http://[h3]

http://[h3]Knicks prefer Ridnour over Telfair[/h3]
8:07AM ET

[h5]Sebastian Telfair | Timberwolves [/h5]

UPDATE No. 2: Alan Hahn of Newsday confirms the Knicks and Wolves have talked about Randolph.

According to Hahn, the Knicks would think about a deal for Randolph, if it included Luke Ridnour or a draft pick, instead of Telfair.

-- Nick Borges

----

UPDATE: According to sources speaking to Ken Berger of CBS Sports, the Wolves are coveting Anthony Randolph in return for Telfair.

With Randolph essentially out of the Knicks' rotation, it's possible he could be had. Though, as noted below, the Knicks aren't too hard after Telfair at the moment. It's been reported New York might also use Randolph to acquire a draft pick, which they might use to to try and bolster an offer for Carmelo Anthony.

If the Wolves include a pick in such a Randolph-Telfair swap, it could entice the Knicks to pull the trigger more.

Yet, even with a another draft pick, it's believed they're still a longshot to land Anthony via trade.

---

It's been widely reported the Knicks are after a quality, affordable backup PG behind Raymond Felton.

One name that's popped up is Brooklyn native Sebastian Telfair. Telfair is on an expiring contract, and has fallen down the depth chart for the Timberwolves due to Jonny Flynn coming back off injury.

But while Telfair is on the team's radar, it doesn't appear like New York is hard after him.

"The Knicks and Timberwolves have had talks regarding Telfair, but Knick sources say while Bassy would be serviceable he won't solve their problem and the Knicks are in no hurry to deal for him," reported Steve Kyler of HOOPSWORLD.

A few other point guards on expiring contracts the Knicks could possibly target are Earl Boykins, Ronnie Price or Earl Watson.

-- Ryan Corazza

http://
[/h3]
I don't know how good Randolph is because I haven't seen him in 2 years because he's buried on that bench but I wouldn't mind this trade.

IMO as a wolves fan when Rubio does come over he'll start on opening day but I think as the season goes forward Flynn will be out there crunch time. Because I don't think Rubio right away will be a good spot up shooter if he plays off of Beasley and Love.

And I would say keep Gaines or Bassy as that 3 pg just in case.

I'd do it.

Long-term, Ridnour is a backup at best. However remote the chance that Randolph reaches his potential, it's worth it.

I'd do it.

Long-term, Ridnour is a backup at best. However remote the chance that Randolph reaches his potential, it's worth it.

Yeah the interesting thing is that teams wants either Bassy or Luke. I can understand NY wanting Luke. Where we the only team that gave him that type of money compare to other teams cause my guess would have been if he would have waited Miami would have been an okay spot for him. He's a good spot up shooter.  My guess is that he came here to get his money then hopefully gets traded somewhere else.
Since where almost at the half way point of the season what is every thoughts so far on this team?

My thoughts on this team so far is that: The record doesn't show how good this team is. If we had Flynn and Martell for the first two months I think we could be around 15 wins. Flynn and Martell would have been the starting 1 & 2for this team at the beginning of the season. On the defensive end I'm a little shock on how bad we do rotate but it's improving. I think we can all agree that Beasley will never shut down a single player but he can at least put some more effort into it. Same goes for Love but my only problem with him is I would like to see him in the paint more posting up because I think he's getting that "star" respect from the refs. I think a little inside then out scoring from love can help everyone on the court. Wes needs to attack the basket more. I feel that if Pekovic picks up two quick fouls in less than 5 minutes you have lost him for the rest of the night.  If Beasley had some post up footwork in the post there is no one that can guard him.

Just some of my thought so far.

Yeah the interesting thing is that teams wants either Bassy or Luke. I can understand NY wanting Luke. Where we the only team that gave him that type of money compare to other teams cause my guess would have been if he would have waited Miami would have been an okay spot for him. He's a good spot up shooter.  My guess is that he came here to get his money then hopefully gets traded somewhere else.
Since where almost at the half way point of the season what is every thoughts so far on this team?

My thoughts on this team so far is that: The record doesn't show how good this team is. If we had Flynn and Martell for the first two months I think we could be around 15 wins. Flynn and Martell would have been the starting 1 & 2for this team at the beginning of the season. On the defensive end I'm a little shock on how bad we do rotate but it's improving. I think we can all agree that Beasley will never shut down a single player but he can at least put some more effort into it. Same goes for Love but my only problem with him is I would like to see him in the paint more posting up because I think he's getting that "star" respect from the refs. I think a little inside then out scoring from love can help everyone on the court. Wes needs to attack the basket more. I feel that if Pekovic picks up two quick fouls in less than 5 minutes you have lost him for the rest of the night.  If Beasley had some post up footwork in the post there is no one that can guard him.

Just some of my thought so far.

Back
Top Bottom