Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

If Miami role players hit their 3s this series will go 7

If Miami don't hit their 3s. This series end in 5 .

Quiet as kept this is why the Heat won game 7. Lebron can't get to the hoop in a half court set without them making their shots.

Purely a spectator at this point. Whoever wins, I know that this Finals will be a classic and one of the best of all time.

Hoping Miami can win it this year. I just want Lebron to win a ring already so people can just shut up and Wade can get his second. LET'S GO MIAMI.

It's up to Lebron now...... Please Miami.......
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

Not saying this means a lot but I think it means something. Wade, Chalmers, Battier, Miller, and UD have all played for college teams the made deep postseason runs if not won a Nat'l title. Cook and Ivey are the only ones of consequence from OKC with that distinction. What does that mean? It means I will also take the team who has played in these types of atmospheres before. I like a team that can handle themselves in crisis. I'm not saying OKC can't or won't handle it, I will just lean on the guys that have.

narz won 2 national championships with kentucky

westbrook was on the UCLA team that lost in the finals to memphis.. and made the final four his freshman year

collison made the final four twice at kansas

aldrich made the final four

*thabo, perkins and ibaka didnt go to college

Originally Posted by DMan14

i feel okc can take advantage in the paint. boston wasnt really a big team and they were bad on the boards.
By taking advantage do you mean throwing either one of those guys the ball on an iso and asking them to create? Cause that would be a disaster

BOS is 14th (out of 16 teams) in the playoffs in rebounding. OKC is 13th.

Hate to say it, but I think it's gonna be the Heat in 6. It's the Thunder's first go round in the finals with this core and the Heat are battle tested not only from last year (which is huge) but also this year, coming back from two series deficits (I know the Thunder came back from one as well).

In the end, I just feel like Lebron has finally taken his focus to the level everyone's been asking of him for years! I think he finally breaks through. And if the Heat start to look like they're in trouble, then Sammy Sosa can suck the blood out of Durant and Westbrook...my goodness.

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

Originally Posted by Dric

Bosh severely overlooked. Capable of dropping 25-30 on the likes of Collison, Ibaka and *shudders* Perkins.

Clearly your expectations are astronimical. If Duncan, Paul, Bynum or Dirk couldn't I doubt Bosh will. His whole team whould suffer if he had that many field goal attempts. I think your under estimating Collison, Ibaka, and Perkins and their team defense.
My expectations are set to the standard of  7 time all-star averaging 18&8. Ibaka cannot guard him son. He's a rim protector not some beast all around defender. That would be Lebron. You can't protect the rim from the 3-point line...unless you're gumby. Bosh will cook. Chalmers importance should not be overlooked also. Defensively he needs to stay out of foul trouble (good luck) and offensively, be ultra aggressive after makes or misses and hit open 3's. Easy but difficult tasks. 

MIAMI (AP) -- The Miami Heat's win over the Boston Celtics to reach the NBA finals has drawn the highest preliminary television rating for an NBA playoff game on cable since records started being kept in 2003.

Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals Saturday night on ESPN produced a 9.1 overnight rating. The network said Sunday that the three highest overnight ratings for NBA games on cable have come during this series.

In Boston, the game had a 21.7 rating, the highest on cable for an NBA playoff game in the market since records started being kept in 2003.

Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program. Overnight ratings measure the country's largest markets.

Sick numbers all around.

We've gone from the lockout to record setting ratings and we're on the eve of Lebron/Wade/Bosh vs. Durant/Russ/Harden for the NBA title.

Heat in 7, by the hair on thier chinny chin-chin.

(could've sworn I alread posted this)

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by buggz05

Thunder in 5 or 7. They're not losing at home.

These brand new Thunder fans are hilarious.

I've been on here since before you lost your virginity representing Oklahoma teams. And I haven't been wrong yet on a series outcome.

I would like to see the Thunder get their rings....especially if my VCU dude Eric Maynor was healthy.  Then one day I could say I played against an NBA champion.  

I'll take the Thunder in six games.

Wouldn't be mad if Lebron balled out and finally got his ring either though. 

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

When did Ibaka become david robinson? Dude averaged 5.9 rpg this postseason. He is a watered down Ben Wallace with an occasional 10-12 ft jumper.

MIA in 6.

I'll take the best player, the 2 best perimeter players and most importantly the better defense. In OKC's 4 wins against the Spurs they gave up 97 ppg. Parker didn't even play well the last few games. Ginobli avg only 16 ppg during the 4 OKC wins and 3 of the 4 games went down to the wire. You think D-Wade won't atleast give you Ginobli numbers? The Spurs much like the C's ran out of gas. 

Bosh will be the most skilled player Ibaka has covered this postseason. If an over the hill duncan can get Perk and Ibaka in foul trouble why can't bosh? Bosh should be pump fakin as soon as he gets off the team bus. Lord knows Perk, Nazr nor Collison can guard him. KD will get his numbers and RW will get his but he will undoubtedly have 4-5 TO thus minimizing his effectiveness. Harden is the key. If Wade and company can keep him around 14-17 they should be good.

Team depth is over-rated. All MIA needs from battier, miller, jones, chalmers is timely shooting. UD/Joel will give the rebounding and defensive toughness.

Not saying this means a lot but I think it means something. Wade, Chalmers, Battier, Miller, and UD have all played for college teams the made deep postseason runs if not won a Nat'l title. Cook and Ivey are the only ones of consequence from OKC with that distinction. What does that mean? It means I will also take the team who has played in these types of atmospheres before. I like a team that can handle themselves in crisis. I'm not saying OKC can't or won't handle it, I will just lean on the guys that have.

You do realize that OKC played dallas in the first round right? Dirk> Bosh, a healthy duncan> a hurt bosh.  Another thing is getting someone in foul trouble is not only the physical part, but you've got to be smart enough to do it (as in when you get them in the air, should you go into them or around them, should you try to finish first, or draw the contact first?) By no means am I calling Bosh dumb, but Duncan is arguably the smartest player in the NBA. At the end of the day OKC has gone up against Dirk, Pau, and Tim Duncan, and soon to be Bosh, and if you cant tell Bosh is in the middle of that group.

I saw a very timid Timmy, during the middle of that series, wasn't used to seeing that. If there is a trend from Chris Bosh, he will bring it during the playoffs. Brought it so far and was very consistent last year, especially in the finals.

This guy [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]3900stabler[/color] started watching basketball last week.

People underestimate what Bosh does for the Heat, and that causes them not to realize that he's far more important than Dwyane Wade at this point.

"You have to lose one to win one." I think that statement definitely has some merit, but not with this Thunder team. They're a whole different breed than other teams filled with youth or just teams that haven't been to the Finals before.

I don't really even have a prediciton. I put $100 on the Heat to win the NBA Finals with a friend right before the playoffs started, but this is pretty much a toss-up.

Back
Top Bottom