Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Serge is the priority over Harden. They may want to sign another big in free agency as well and that may make Harden expendable. I'm OK with that.

Originally Posted by toughmoney

Originally Posted by Dcypoe

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I hope it goes back to OKC just so basketball does not end yet
this, cuz I'm not a big baseball fan, and football dont start till september

still got the WNBA
nerd.gif
c'mon man, you could have said the olympics lol.....even though we got to wait a month

Collison pretty much played the entire 1st quarter and contributed significantly with OKC scoring 33 points, then doesn't play again until the 4th?

My wife HATES the Miami Heat, so if they win the Championship I am going to ****'s Sporting Goods to buy the smallest Heat jersey that I can still fit in and wear it to bed butt naked every night for a whole month. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3581622-overweight-middle-aged-man-in-tight-football-jersey-chowing-down-on-fried-chicken-wings--isolated-on.jpg

That's a cool pic.

It's done. There is no chance in hell OKC winning gm 5. I expect Bosh to finally have a big game, im talking 30 and 15.

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

LeBron has surpassed 650 points, 200 rebounds & 100 assists this postseason.

No one has done that EVER.
lebron_james_the_beast_by_mississippibullet-d36gty2.jpg

If this series went to 7 games, he just might pass Dirk and become number 16 on the all-time playoff scoring list. And he's yet to celebrate his 28th birthday. I don't know if the they will win every time, but I am pretty confident that the Heat will make the finals about 4 out of the next 5 years. That's a lot of playoff games. There is no doubt that barring injury, LeBron will become NBA's all time leading playoff scorer and maybe have third most playoff assists by the time his career is over.

After 3 straight heart breaking losses, OKC's morale may be too crushed to win game 5, let alone 3 straight. I got Miami in game 5 by at least 10.

LeBron has definitely matured basketball wise this past year, he has been great this post season. That said while I like him more I have more dislike for Wade by an equal proportion

30t6p3b.gif

another crushing defeat ... i can't believe brooks hasn't found a consistent line up ... everyone just watched Russy last night ...

blame for last night ...

Harden
Brooks
and *+% was fisher thinking when he went up against wade for the lead ? like what was he smoking

OKC is good enough to play with Miami, there are just not good enough to beat them. That's the bottom line. Game 4 served as reminder that the gap between the best player and 2nd best player is vast. Lebron can impact the game without dominating offensively and can make the game easier for others.  At this point in his career, KD hasn't shown an ability to do so. What was truly disappointing was KD grabbing his first rebound of the game in the 4th quarter. 6'10 with a 7ft wing span you gotta give more than 3 boards in a game. LBJ basically had a triple double before the 3rd ended.

I think it's over. Miami role players are going now.

Wade
roll.gif

OKC needs Harden to step up... Not only that but they need to get their act together on the boards. 3's killed them last night too.

Their whole offense changed throughout the game as well... They were at their best in the 1st quarter when they were playing uptempo team ball... After that their offense (Besides Westbrook) went flat.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Wade
roll.gif

OKC needs Harden to step up... Not only that but they need to get their act together on the boards. 3's killed them last night too.

Their whole offense changed throughout the game as well... They were at their best in the 1st quarter when they were playing uptempo team ball... After that their offense (Besides Westbrook) went flat.
1340164165336.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

How are they going to afford it?
Harden & Ibaka are up for extensions by 2013-14.

By that time, OKC is on the hook for $48 mil without extensions for those 2.

The luxury tax is $70 mil now, and it increases along with revenue.

Assuming 4% growth in revenues (not profits), it could be as high as $76 mil in '13-'14.

That gives them $28 mil to split between those 2 guys and if Harden accepts lower than the max, OKC may even be just under the tax after signing him & Serge.

If the squad keeps making runs to the finals, at the very least Bennett can pay the escalated tax for the 2 seasons that OKC will be over the tax limit, which ends at the conclusion of the '15-'16 campaign. Or if Bennett deems the more-than-doubled luxury tax penalty too much for '15-'16, he can make trades just before that season to get OKC under the tax threshold.

If he makes trades just before the '15-'16 season, then counting this year's run that will have given OKC 4 runs together with this core, which is plenty.

is this with or without the last 2 years of perkins deal.. because amnestying him is another move i see us making after next season (or whenever we start offering those guys contracts)

which would free up:
$8,477,437 and $9,147,342 for each season

We will remember many things about this series.

Lebron finally getting a clue and driving in on damn near every play.
The role players showing out. Especially with the threes
Harden with the massive disappearing act. Brooks sitting Westbrook for the long stretch in game 3.
Durant not being able to get open. Hit the gym boi.
Wade became the easiest player in the NBA to root against.

And yes... The refs playing their hearts out.

Yesterday's third quarter was an abomination. And I bet in the next few years the tide shifts and Durant "deserves" one and okc gets disturbing calls. This is stern's NBA. Entertainment.

This article is from a few days ago...speaks volumes about how incredible of a defender Lebron is.

MIAMI -- It doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue, but it may be more fitting than “King.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

is this with or without the last 2 years of perkins deal.. because amnestying him is another move i see us making after next season (or whenever we start offering those guys contracts)

which would free up:
$8,477,437 and $9,147,342 for each season
That's with Perk.

And yeah, they can amnesty him and fall even further under the lux tax line.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by toine2983

Glad Screamin' A ate some crow for his Russell Westbrook slander from Game 2.

Magic did a complete 180 as well. "I now realize Russell Westbrook has to play this way for the Thunder to win. He was sensational. Go on Russ, you play your game and don't listen to Magic!"

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

Show Westbrook daddy now.

laugh.gif
... That was funny as hell at the time.

laugh.gif
@ the salty Laker fans scrambling for new material.
Everyone respects Magic as one of the greatest players of all-time, but that comment there is proof enough that being an all-time great does not mean you know how to be an analyst. It's been obvious for some time now, that Russ has to play the way he does for OKC to win, people just "now realize" when he shoots 62%. People like Magic get too caught up in making some huge statement and soundbite in their analysis and you get nonsense like that. The criticism that he can get out of control and he struggles as a PG are completely warranted and fair.. but this whole "he takes too many shots" or "he needs to pull back the aggression" is ridiculous because he's always played like this and that's how OKC found success.
I saw someone say it on Twitter that Westbrook's dad looks like he knows how to BBQ ribs perfectly, and that seemed strangely accurate.

Back
Top Bottom