OFFICIAL MEXICO FUTBOL THREAD: Mexico MNT : VS USA in San Antonio 4/15

^^^^^^^^

I dont understand the hate?

I think he did a wonderful job with mexico.

Under him mexico went from mediocre to relevant.

He just wants to go back and Europe and coach over there.

Best of luck aguirre

He did a good job during qualifying, and a poor one in the World Cup.

I hope they go after Marcelo Bielsa. With the current attacking players, he could orchestrate something special.

ubaldo-el-show-20100630.jpg

qucho-iniciativa-vasca-20100630.jpg

laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

^^^^^^^^

I dont understand the hate?

I think he did a wonderful job with mexico.

Under him mexico went from mediocre to relevant.

He just wants to go back and Europe and coach over there.

Best of luck aguirre
mediocre to relevant? how did they become relevant? lets be honest here, the WC was a disaster for mexico. Had we at least gone down playing our young guys it would have been worth the trip.

in terms in the concaf mexico went from medocre to relevant.

to be honest with you guys before aguirre came in mexico didnt deserve to go to the world cup.

some of the decisions that he made were terrible but he cant be blamed for everything. some of the fault has to go to the players. (cough ricardo osorio)
mexico actualy had a chance to beat argentina in terms of talent. sadly they just didnt have the heart.

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

in terms in the concaf mexico went from medocre to relevant.

to be honest with you guys before aguirre came in mexico didnt deserve to go to the world cup.

some of the decisions that he made were terrible but he cant be blamed for everything. some of the fault has to go to the players. (cough ricardo osorio)
mexico actualy had a chance to beat argentina in terms of talent. sadly they just didnt have the heart.

Talent means nothing when the players dont buy into the system the coach is trying to implement. You can tell they weren't happy with Aguirre's tactics or his line-ups, especially with Ochoa and Guardado on the bench. The players just respected him enough to not say anything publicly.

Celtic have launched a bid to sign Mexico winger Pablo Barrera, whowants to leave Universidad Nacional in his homeland, and the23-year-old was in Glasgow last week for talks after his side wereknocked out of the World Cup. (the Sun)

West Ham are ready to pip Espanyol for Mexico winger Pablo Barrera in a£3m deal and are also keen on signing Aston Villa midfielder SteveSidwell.
Full Story: Daily Mail

If the rumors are true, there are quite a few teams going after Barrera.Could be a package deal for Efra and Barrera to West Ham.

Got to meet Ochoa this weekend. Of all places that I could have mey him, it was half a block from my GF parent's place in Chinatown NY. He was there with his girl, just hanging out. I think he was surprised that anyone knew who he was.

I hope he goes to West Ham. He would get playing time there and Grant is a good coach. The Prem is built for a player with his pace.

Dude, that's the fault of Aguirre for even starting that pendejo. As a right-back Osorio is okay, but choosing him at CB over Moreno was idiotic.

Look at how far Uruguay got in this tournament, that could've been Mexico if Aguirre made the right lineup decisions. He didn't play Guardado and Chicharito enough, shuffled the captaincy around for whatever reason, and gave starts to Cuah and Bofo. I thought the players gave it their best can't really be blamed, except for Franco.

I wished La Volpe was the tecnico this time around. Mexico looked better under him in '06 with a much inferior squad. They play organized under La Volpe.

Not sure about Chucho. Isn't he a defensive minded coach? Not sure if that fits with the current personel.

I dont like Lavolpe but with everything that happened, it would have been nice to see what he could have done with another 4 years after his last WC.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon had said on Wednesday that he was confident of signing Juarez in time to make his Celtic debut against Manchester United while on their pre-season tour of North America on Friday.

Is there anywhere to send / get a jersey customized with the writing under La Seleccion patch + the patch on the sleeve.. like below..?

World-Cup-2010-South-Afri-001.jpg

World-Cup-2010-South-Afri-005.jpg

if you can find the patch, you can just heat press it on if you don't have a local shop to do it for ya. Towel over the jersey and patch then place the iron on top of it.

As for the match info, I believe it's printed on the shirt isn't it?

Nery to Fire, Bravo to Wizards, Rafa probably to NY

Barrera finally completed his West Ham transfer

Juarez to Celtic

Ricardo La Volpe Eager To Coach Mexico Again
The former Mexico coach is eager to return to the position as Mexico gaffer...
By Stefan Coerts
Jul 22, 2010 3:52:00 PM
Buzz It
Mexico national team (Getty Images)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Mexico national team (Getty Images)
Related Links
Teams

* Mexico

Former Boca Juniors and Velez Sarsfield coach Ricard La Volpe has made it clear that he'd be interested in coaching Mexico's national team again if the opportunity came up.

El Tri are looking for a new head coach following Javier Aguirre's decision to resign after the 2010 World Cup. Aguirre guided Mexico to the round of 16 in South Africa, where Argentina proved to be too strong.

"It would be a great honour for me to coach Mexico again. Every coach wants to get to the top. And coaching a national team is the top, there's no doubt. I have the ability, I don't doubt that," said La Volpe to Record.

The 58-year-old La Volpe was previously in charge of Mexico's national side from 2002 to 2006. He helped El Tri to the second round of the 2006 World Cup, where the Mexicans were eventually beaten by Argentina in extra time.

Nevertheless, La Volpa is not the top candidate to replace Aguirre. According to reports from Mexico, Toluca coach Jose Manuel de la Torre is the current favourite to be appointed as new Mexico chief.

De La Torre looks like the next seleccionador but don't count out Bielsa just yet.

As far as La Volpe, I wouldn't mind him one bit. El tri was playing well during his reign and if it weren't for Maxi's lucky strike in extra time I do believe we would have won in PKs.

Back
Top Bottom