OFFICIAL MEXICO FUTBOL THREAD: Mexico MNT : VS USA in San Antonio 4/15

bofo?
eyes.gif
  but at this point  bofo>guishe
laugh.gif
.............VAMOS CABRONES
pimp.gif

Complete waste of WC. Chich did more in 2 WC games than Franco ever did with el Tri. This should have been a WC for our young guys to gain vital game playing experience, instead Chich, Ochoa, Guardado were stuck on the bench because of Aguirre. Absolute waste.

Bring Chepo in or bring back LaVolpe. We need someone to get these young guys on the same page and ready for 2014.

gift23- we'll also be playing in copa america although it'll be our Olympic squad.

Originally Posted by America Bambaataa

Looks like Maxi will start over Veron. But at least Tevez is starting over Kun (hopefully).

Mexico cannot have any lapses in the back like they have shown in this tournament.

Tevez isnt as skilled as Aguero but he rewarded Maradona's faith today.

Hate to blame coaches, but Aguirre didn't maximize the NT's potential at all, not even halfway. His selection of Osorio at centre-back today was cringe worthy from the jump. Every match this guy plays in, whether it be right-back or centre-back, he always has a lapse or two. Today, because he was at centre-back and right in front of the box, he couldn't get away with it. He went full ****** on that error. I blame the coach for putting him in that position though when you have better choices in Moreno and Magallon (was his form off this season?). At least if Moreno makes that mistake he can learn from it being that he is only 22, he will be a fixture there for a long time to come. Osorio is like 30+ and to my knowledge doesn't even start at Stuttgart and only plays at right-back. Moreno anchors the defence of a CL qualifier marking potent young strikers of the Eredivisie. Wasn't even like he played badly enough in this WC to warrant being benched. I was missing Lavolpe during this tournament. Even Hugo got us 3rd place in Copa America and a win vs Brazil. I don't remember questioning their selections during their tenures as much as Aguirre's during this WC.

On to the Gold Cup and Copa America. Should be interesting to see the new player pool.

Aside from the National team and Vela in England I don't follow the youngsters much at all.

Who's coming up? How's the youth system?

Who do we replace Aguirre with?

This EC from the gate was a waste starting with the exclusion of Jona, and it continued on from there.

Lastly, do we keep this thread going?

I think I will be paying attention to the U-20 from here on out. I hope it's a good measuring stick for whats to come.

Originally Posted by APLX2

I think I will be paying attention to the U-20 from here on out. I hope it's a good measuring stick for whats to come.

After hearing the ESPN announcer  mention Mexico had won the U-17 world cup a while back, it got me interested. I'll be watching too.  Also,     the  Copa America is always a great  way  to see how well  Mexico  does  against  stronger opponents.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Aside from the National team and Vela in England I don't follow the youngsters much at all.

Who's coming up? How's the youth system?

Who do we replace Aguirre with?

This EC from the gate was a waste starting with the exclusion of Jona, and it continued on from there.

Lastly, do we keep this thread going?

Theres talk about Carrillo taking over to have less disruption with the team and the coaches.

Also talk about taking Chile's coach as soon as they're done. Another option I've heard is Chepo.

I say we keep this thread open. Should be interesting to see if any of our guys stay in europe in the coming months...

Should also be interesting to see who will coach and be called up for the August game against Spain at azteca.

Who's supposed to be the 3rd best player in the world? It seems like everyone agrees upon Messi and Ronaldo as the top 2, in some order. That's actually a lot like the NBA now that I think of it.

EDIT: I didn't mean to post this here. I thought this was the general world cup thread.

se le acabo el corrido a baltazar. ni modo el llamerito y el proximo mundial son la pinches escusas. get rid of all them fool especially osorio con su error garafal. well it was nice and the same while it lasted.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en-US

Loss means WCup adios for several Mexico players

By CARLOS RODRIGUEZ(AP)–17 hours ago

JOHANNESBURG — For many players on the Mexico team, the loss to Argentina probably was their World Cup adios.

Veterans Rafael Marquez, Gerardo Torrado, Carlos Salcido, Adolfo Bautista, Oscar Perez, Cuauhtemoc Blanco and Guillermo Franco make up a group of players unlikely to be included if Mexico qualifies for the 2014 World Cup.

Argentina beat Mexico 3-1 at Soccer City in the round of 16 on Sunday, ending the team's target of getting past the quarterfinals for the first time.

Marquez will be 35 in 2014 and he doesn't have high hopes of being there.

"I think this could be my last World Cup," he said. "I don't know if there can be another one."

This tournament was the midfielder's third and he holds the Mexico record for most World Cup appearances with 12 matches. For Blanco, Perez and Torrado, it was also their third World Cup.

"I don't feel bad physically," Torrado said. "But I think it's time for me to step aside to give an opportunity to players behind me. Yes, I think this was my last World Cup and it's a shame that we didn't make it to the fifth match."

Blanco didn't want to comment, but at age 37 the forward seems likely to retire from the game before 2014. Perez, a goalkeeper of the same age, was called up to the squad at the last minute and at first it seemed he would only be a spectator before being given the No. 1 jersey.

This World Cup "was farewell for me," Perez said. "We're not leaving as we wanted to because there remains this little step that we couldn't get past. But I'm confident that the boys can do it in the future."

Bautista, a surprise selection for the Argentina match, played in his one and only World Cup. The 31-year-old forward said it was his debut and farewell.

"I'm sad, because personally I didn't want to retire this way," he said. "It was a World Cup in which I didn't have many chances to play."

Franco, born in Argentina but with Mexican citizenship, cried as he talked about his retirement from international soccer.

"This has all been a beautiful experience but also difficult, too," the 33-year-old forward said. "Since making the decision to become Mexican a lot of criticism has been hanging over me and it's been hard, because I'm proud to be Mexican."

Salcido, a 30-year-old defender, said he wouldn't be at the 2014 World Cup if Mexico qualifies, but hopes to be on the team for matches this year and next.

Coach Javier Aguirre's future is also up in the air and there has been speculation he may return to Europe, where "El Vasco" has managed Osasuna and Atletico Madrid.

"I couldn't change the course of history," Aguirre said. "I lacked something, perhaps convincing the players. But I thank them for supporting my decisions over the past 13 months."

Aguirre took over the team during World Cup qualifiers after the dismissal of Sven-Goran Eriksson for a string of poor results.

"I'm a bit disappointed because we worked hard and built up a group that could aspire to something, so I don't have any reason to reproach anybody," Aguirre said.

The coach, however, has met criticism over his decision not to start 22-year-old forward Javier Hernandez during the group stage. Many critics say Hernandez, who scored twice this tournament, including a magnificent goal against Argentina, could have led the team to the top of Group A — thereby avoiding the South Americans in the round of 16.

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Aguirre quits Mexico job

Javier Aguirre has resigned as coach of Mexico following the team's failure to reach the quarter-finals of the World Cup in South Africa.

Mexico finished second in Group A, ahead of hosts South Africa and 2006 finalists France, but their progress was halted in the second round when they were defeated 3-1 by Argentina.

Mexico were the victims of a poor decision when match officials failed to spot that Carlos Tevez was blatantly offside when scoring the first goal and went on to concede further goals from Tevez and Gonzalo Higuain before Javier Hernandez claimed a consolation.

Aguirre, who was appointed as Mexico coach 15 months ago, announced at a press conference in Mexico City that he would be stepping down from his position with the national side.

"I have to leave, it's the most honest thing to do. I think the future is in the hands of our young players," Aguirre said."Everything I did, I did thinking of the well-being of Mexico."

Mexico are now searching for their sixth coach since Ricardo La Volpe left the post following the country's second-round exit at the 2006 World Cup.
   By Soccernet staff

Back
Top Bottom