OFFICIAL March Madness Thread

I hope Curry goes off for 50 tomorrow
pimp.gif

g-town doesn't want it with that boy. go 'head g-town, get at him with that stingy defense...he's still gonna light you up.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

curry and his crew ftw!

I'm gonna keep tooting this horn - but can the big ten get some love yet? I think it's clear Wisconsin and Michigan State are big boy basketballteams... this dude Kalin Lucas I been screaming about for about 6 weeks now, he's legit as hell, has to be one of the least talked about freshmen in thecountry but he's just sick with it on both ends. I don't understand why he's getting no press other than the fact that he plays in the big 10 andeverybody is crapping on the league all season long..

I am not even one of those "league-pride" doofuses either, i root like hell against any regular opponent of my teams.. just b/c we're familiardoesn't mean we're friend, ya know? But you can't deny it anymore, the big 10 was unfairly judged this year and nobody wants it with either ofthese teams at this point.

UCLA looked like crap.. not a huge shocker, they just don't have it again this year from what i can tell.. they're close to being a championship team,but i see them falling short again.

Xavier/Purdue was one of the best games of the tournament - a real physical but well played game on both ends.

Can't wait for tomorrow.. screw this easter bull getting in the way of my basketball games.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Some of you still wana say Brook Lopez is the next Joel Pryzbilla or whatever dumb @%@+ was said.
grin.gif
He's the real deal.
roll.gif
roll.gif

who the hell was saying that?

lopez is going to give beasley a run for his money for 1st big men taken

There were a few callin him overrated. That was one comparison thrown out
laugh.gif

I can't see a team with enough guts to take him over Beasley....(Beasley is still the #1 player, imo anyway)

But I'd be very surprised if Brook wasn't in the top 3 of the draft.

g-town doesn't want it with that boy. go 'head g-town, get at him with that stingy defense...he's still gonna light you up.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

curry and his crew ftw!
What crew?

As far as Richards, he's a decent player but, I could average 7 or 8 assists with him on the wing in that league. The rest of them are certified scrubs.People wana say that Lovedale kid is good after one nice game....he's nothin.

Currys FG% against UCLA, Duke and North Carolina - 38%

One big game and people seem to have gotten carried away.

Neither side was playin D that whole game.

Maybe he has another incredible performance and they take it, who knows. But I see no reason to believe that happens.

but can the big ten get some love yet? I think it's clear Wisconsin and Michigan State are big boy basketball teams... this dude Kalin Lucas I been screaming about for about 6 weeks now, he's legit as hell, has to be one of the least talked about freshmen in the country but he's just sick with it on both ends. I don't understand why he's getting no press other than the fact that he plays in the big 10 and everybody is crapping on the league all season long..
In agreement on Lucas, seeing him before I thought he'd have a nice little career. But tonight definitely sold me. He's just about asquick as anyone and is a smart player.

As far as the Big 10 goes,

IF they make it to the next round, they definitely will have proved people wrong. But for now, this is pretty much where they are supposed to be, isn't it?Plus Indiana was a disaster down the stretch.

Don't get me wrong, they both have definitely played well, and they belong with the better teams in the country.

With Michigan State tonight, Pitt was overhyped beyond belief coming into this game.
Talk of a Final 4 team and some calling them a title contender -
laugh.gif

Oh and,

Mike Brey musta got his #!$ worked tonight by Bennett
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He's such a joke. 41 points
roll.gif

And Harangody, 3-17???

3-17 and you're supposed to be a dominant big man

*+%* outa here

One last thing on Curry...

We switch on all screens, every single one of them. So a lot of times he's gona have a hand from Roy, Dajuan, or Pat in his face...something that heprobably hasn't dealt with since the UCLA game.

We'll see if he can score off the dribble inside.

The refs didn't make A&M go without a FG for 8 minutes or whatever it was.

A&M blew the lead, and UCLA took the game.

Period. Put the hate aside.
this man speaks the truth.

the refs in this game had no favoritism down the stretch. it's common knowledge they reward the team with the momentum with calls (ie after big stops,they will frequently call loose ball fouls on the team that missed). example: ucla at the beginning of the 2nd half had like 3 straight offensive fouls asA&M stretched the lead to 10. point is, this game was not decided by the refs; the refs did not make the ags miss like every jumper for the last 8minutes

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I'm gonna keep tooting this horn - but can the big ten get some love yet? I think it's clear Wisconsin and Michigan State are big boy basketball teams... this dude Kalin Lucas I been screaming about for about 6 weeks now, he's legit as hell, has to be one of the least talked about freshmen in the country but he's just sick with it on both ends. I don't understand why he's getting no press other than the fact that he plays in the big 10 and everybody is crapping on the league all season long..

I am not even one of those "league-pride" doofuses either, i root like hell against any regular opponent of my teams.. just b/c we're familiar doesn't mean we're friend, ya know? But you can't deny it anymore, the big 10 was unfairly judged this year and nobody wants it with either of these teams at this point.

Yea ill give you that. We were all on here pumping Big East, but the Big Ten ain't bad. For how the Big East is supposed to be physical, Michigan Statekilled them. Lucas is legit, in every game i have seen him, he plays really well.

I swear I almost got fired from my job at the restaurant tonight from standing around looking at the TV all the time
happy.gif

Good win by KU...
Tx A&M gave a good fight...I knew that couldn't hold the lead though...
Disappointed Pitt lost...kinda became a fan of theirs this year...
Stanford game was great...

4 wins away.

if ucla loses, i hope Wash St goes all the way, though their lack of depth will make it difficult. Derek Low is a baller, and I like watching Kyle Weaver.

No foul on that Sloan drive?
nerd.gif
Poor officiating. And missing that out of bounds call where nobody was within 5 feet of Westbrook? Wow...
smh.gif

Big boy Love was killin it tonight though. He played a hell of a game, as did Collison.

A&M's offense stalling out for the last 10 minutes gets the
sick.gif
, though. The Aggies had the Bruins on the ropes, and just choked it off... These dudeslost by 2, and didn't make a shot for damn near the last 10 minutes of the second half... They need a PG somethin serious... And DeAndre Jordan needs to beback in College Station next year, too.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

sick.gif
, though. The Aggies had the Bruins on the ropes, and just choked it off... These dudes lost by 2, and didn't make a shot for damn near the last 10 minutes of the second half... They need a PG somethin serious... And DeAndre Jordan needs to be back in College Station next year, too.

Hopefully Dash Harris can be that PG we need so bad. He's a top 10 PG recruit in the nation, so hopefully he's as good as he's supposed to be.

i'm sippin on that Blake Griffin kool-aid that Nowitness was selling, i got Oklahoma beating Louisville.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

i'm sippin on that Blake Griffin kool-aid that Nowitness was selling, i got Oklahoma beating Louisville.

indifferent.gif
Blake goes down early in the 2nd half, with the typical kneeinjury. Louisville by 15.

Blake Griffin = THAT DUDE. The kid is an animal.

Blake Griffin = THAT DUDE. The kid is an animal.
i love the way that dude plays man, he's tough.

Originally Posted by tmay407

sick.gif
, though. The Aggies had the Bruins on the ropes, and just choked it off... These dudes lost by 2, and didn't make a shot for damn near the last 10 minutes of the second half... They need a PG somethin serious... And DeAndre Jordan needs to be back in College Station next year, too.

Hopefully Dash Harris can be that PG we need so bad. He's a top 10 PG recruit in the nation, so hopefully he's as good as he's supposed to be.

Too bad y'all didn't get the Goodson brother deal, eh?

Well, my bracket is down the drain. Oh well.

Now officially cheering for all upsets.

The Davidson/G'town game is going to be a great one, and I am super excited for both 12/13 games

I should have picked Siena to go sweet sixteen. I had some sort of feeling that they would do well in the tourney... oh well, hard to pick a 13 to go tworounds.
laugh.gif

But its all about the underdogs now. Screw the bracket
laugh.gif

Notre Dame lost because Mike Brey said ND and WSU were mirror images of each other. That means he watched ZERO film on WSU. An offensive team vs. a defensiveteam and he got punked. Talk about being unprepared.

my bracket is over. I had Pit losing to Georgetown in the finals. And I had Marquette beating Stanford and then beating Texas. I am a FOOL.

Pac 10 pulling through today with 3 teams going to the Sweet 16.

UCLA made a hell of a comeback and had lock down D for about a 7 minute stretch.

Still have all my Elite 8 teams so I'm alright. Got Butler pulling the upset tomorrow
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom