Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

^Yeah that's the first thing I thought. Reminds me of a Fly Or Die track though. I'm not sure, but Chad was supposed to have production on this albumso maybe that's the song.

Originally Posted by sirtalkalot718

Album is fire. But can I get a list of all the character songs that connect with eachother.

all the songs connect to the cool except Go Baby.even the cheeseburger one.

Originally Posted by PcByRdGaNg51BiX

And I see someone else heard that Soulja Boy diss at the end of "Gotta Eat"... Too funny.

lol, i thought i was the only one that heard it...

also, i've been saying "yada yada yada STACK THAT CHEESE" ALLLLLLLLday at work today,
smh.gif

laugh.gif
me too i even made it my facebook status. Chris is somethin somethin somethinstack that cheese. Hip hop saved my life is
pimp.gif

wowww i cant believe how good this album is.

fav tracks: Hip Hop Saved my life. fighters, paris, tokyo, go go gadget flow

honorable mention: little weapon's drumline-esque beat
free chilly has the sickest beat...this intro is up there with BE, and good morning

lupe did a good job with sticking to his F&F crew for collaborations...sarah green, gemini, Matthew santos =
pimp.gif

they should do an F&F collab album

Originally Posted by Jasko Mostar

haven't read through the thread so i don't know if it's been posted or not, but best buy's version comes with 2 bonus tracks.
any truth to this, dont tell me i gotta travel to best buy
sick.gif

Listened to this on my way home after leaving school........track for track I can listen to this album.

Lupe is on another level with this album. My fav. tracks are Go Go Gadget Flow, Hi-Definition, Hip-Hop Saved My Life, Intruder Alert, Streets on Fire,Hello/Goodbye, Fighters, and Go Baby....which is almost the whole album.

This album is a classic, no doubt. But I think it's a stretch to say it's better then F&L already.

..More time needs to be taken to truly take in this album and appreciate it, THEN maybe the comparison should start.

this is my own opinion so don't freak out on me NT (lol), I bet I am the only person that feels this album SURPASSES f&l... the lyrics are still there,still on point, I just liked the concepts and production on the cool a whole lot better.

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Go Baby Go seems like it would be a bonus track.

Yeah I am pretty sure it is....the album seems to end with Fighters. A great song to close the album. The standouts so far on this album for me are:

Superstar
Coolest
Paris, Tokyo
Gold Watch
Hip Hop Saved My Life
Intruder Alert
Streets On Fire
Little Weapon
Fighters

All those songs are crack!!

Paris, Tokyo is on constant beat....I just love the early 90's Tribe vibe of that song. I could see a remix with Q-Tip working nicely. (it would also be agood PR move)

And speaking of Eminem...

Paris, Tokyo has the production that sounds like it could have been on Infinite.

I really thought Em produced Go Go Gadget Flow it's got his sound on it i'm glad i'm not the only one to hear that....

Well yeah i guess em, it just sounded a lot like production from an em album... i couldnt think of it it was em or dre

After a few days with the album, and a whole train ride from JFK with it.... I have to say that this album is AMAZING!

Little Weapon is one of the hottest songs to drop in a looooooong while. If I were to run through the tracks and say what I love about it, I'd be here allday.

Son had me shaking my head all through the first verse of Gotta Eat. All those double entendres gave me a stomach/headache.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Intruder Alert gives me that Eminem feel and Put You On To Game sounds like something that would come out of Aftermath.

after one listen (and repeating the songs I was really feelin), I can already tell this is gonna have much more replay-value for me than F&L.

ftw, I been sayin it for a min, but Gemini officially got that "next-up" crown out the midwest.

Originally Posted by LB81986

After first listen, yes "Fighters" is that piff. "Go Go Gadget Flow" is
eek.gif
. Actually the whole first half is amazing records. The second half loses steam a bit. Overall Lupe does his thing. Hip hop, thas how you finish out a year. [Patiently waiting on MM3].

Word...? I thought the second half was better than the first. Tracks like "Streets On Fire," "Little Weapon," and"Hello/Goodbye."

But as I look at the tracklist... It really is hard to pick a favorite half of the album...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MillenTR

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Is it just me or does go go gadget flow sound like its produced by dre?

Actually it sounds like it's produced by Eminem.

Actually... It sounds like it was produced by Timbo, seeing those are his drums that were blatantly jacked.
laugh.gif

This album, man.... It's gotta be Album Of The Year for me. Better than "Graduation," even better than "Make Sure They See My Face."

Yet, I already knew this would probably be the one, way back at the beginning of the year. It was just a matter of when it was droppping.

Back
Top Bottom