**Official Lupe Fiasco Thread** (LASERS March 8, 2011 // Friend of The People Coming Soon)

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Congrats to Lupe 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Even with all this negative feedback and controversy,it's still on track to debut at number 1 on the Billboard charts with a projected 220-240k in sales which would be Lupes best first week sales of his career 
eek.gif
eek.gif

album is alright, u can tell that the record company wanted him to go the pop route with all these songs that sound like the stuff thats playin on the radio, suprised he sold that much tho

I really doubt he's doing 200K first week, no hate but I don't know how when he's not as popular as he was before and he didn't do numbers like that then

Originally Posted by All Ready

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

The thing is the numbers have little to do with Atlantic or their formula.

#'s are up simply because of the anticipation.

not even anticipation really

most fans are prolly buying it with the understanding that if they don't, they may never hear from lupe again
These two points more than likely sum up the higher sales for Lupe.  I waited until I bought it on release day to listen to the album and waited to make my own judgments on it but reading the criticism on here beforehand, I'm not going to lie, my hopes were down on the album.  It felt like I was buying the album just to support Lupe as a fan rather than anticipating buying great music.  It's an okay album, I wouldn't say it was a horrible but definitely not the best of his three studio albums.  My biggest criticism is that the album didn't feel cohesive for obvious reasons (Atlantic).

Food & Liquor 2 better be on some perfect ratings type steez man.

I'm one of the few who actually likes this album. It's not the Lupe I wanted, but I still bump to this heavy.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I really doubt he's doing 200K first week, no hate but I don't know how when he's not as popular as he was before and he didn't do numbers like that then
[h1]Lupe Fiasco's 'Lasers' Headed for No. 1 on Billboard 200[/h1]
Lupe Fiasco is on his way to scoring his best week ever on the Billboard charts, as his third album, "Lasers," is on track to sell around 190,000 to 220,000 copies and easily bow at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart next week.

Some industry prognosticators suggest the set -- if all goes well -- could shift even as much as 240,000 by week's ending on Sunday, March 13. Any way you slice it, even if it comes in under 200,000, it will still beat out his previous high, when "The Cool" started at No. 15 with 143,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan at the very end of 2007.

Lupe Fiasco's 'Lasers' & 10 More Endlessly Delayed Rap Albums

Fiasco has earned one top 10 thus far, with his debut, "Food & Liquor," which debuted and peaked at No. 8 off an 81,000 launch in 2006.

Other albums looking for high entries include the fifth volume of the "Glee"soundtrack series, Avril Lavigne's "Goodbye Lullaby," R.E.M.'s "Collapse Into Now" and Sara Evans' "Stronger." The former two titles are aiming to start somewhere above 75,000, while the latter pair could see around 50,000 each.

Only songs I like are 'Words I Never Said,' 'The Show Goes On,' 'All Black Everything' and 'Beautiful Lasers.' Everything else seems mailed in. That trash with Trey Songz should have been aborted. Along with 'I dont wanna care right now.' Just terrible, wack **! songs.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

[h1]Lupe Fiasco's 'Lasers' Headed for No. 1 on Billboard 200[/h1]
Lupe Fiasco is on his way to scoring his best week ever on the Billboard charts, as his third album, "Lasers," is on track to sell around 190,000 to 220,000 copies and easily bow at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart next week.

Some industry prognosticators suggest the set -- if all goes well -- could shift even as much as 240,000 by week's ending on Sunday, March 13. Any way you slice it, even if it comes in under 200,000, it will still beat out his previous high, when "The Cool" started at No. 15 with 143,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan at the very end of 2007.

Lupe Fiasco's 'Lasers' & 10 More Endlessly Delayed Rap Albums

Fiasco has earned one top 10 thus far, with his debut, "Food & Liquor," which debuted and peaked at No. 8 off an 81,000 launch in 2006.

Other albums looking for high entries include the fifth volume of the "Glee"soundtrack series, Avril Lavigne's "Goodbye Lullaby," R.E.M.'s "Collapse Into Now" and Sara Evans' "Stronger." The former two titles are aiming to start somewhere above 75,000, while the latter pair could see around 50,000 each.
I'm not saying I hope he does bad, it just doesn't make sense to me. I buy more albums than 95% of this board, I follow first week sales and total sales. I bought both of his albums, definitely not this one. Unless "The Show Goes On" is much bigger than what I thought it was. He's not as big as he was before, so it's just crazy if he's about to have his biggest first week. 

I'm not saying I hope he does bad, it just doesn't make sense to me. I buy more albums than 95% of this board, I follow first week sales and total sales. I bought both of his albums, definitely not this one. Unless "The Show Goes On" is much bigger than what I thought it was. He's not as big as he was before, so it's just crazy if he's about to have his biggest first week. 

I don't know if its getting radio play but I saw that it was #2 on 106th and Park a couple weeks ago. Don't know for how long but that surprised me when I heard that.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Only songs I like are 'Words I Never Said,' 'The Show Goes On,' 'All Black Everything' and 'Beautiful Lasers.' Everything else seems mailed in. That trash with Trey Songz should have been aborted. Along with 'I dont wanna care right now.' Just terrible, wack **! songs.
THIS
 My exact sentiments.  My biggest gripe with the album was the songs that just were horrible.  I would have put up with mediocrity but there are songs on this album that are down right un-listenable.  And lupe is my fav artist out.

I don't know why people are surprised with the projected #'s

This is by far the most accessible Lu's ever been to the mainstream. Maybe I'm forgetting but I remember Lupe being incredibly niche circa both the F&L and The Cool releases even though he was already a mainstream artist the second go around.

Son was on Sportscenter every night for two straight weeks.

I tried to get in to this song, but I just couldn't
tired.gif
  I d/l'd Lupe, but I have to go to Best Buy tomorrow to pick up the iPad 2 so I'll definitely spend the $10 to support the album.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

THIS
 My exact sentiments.  My biggest gripe with the album was the songs that just were horrible.  I would have put up with mediocrity but there are songs on this album that are down right un-listenable.  And lupe is my fav artist out.
Yea man,He should've kept songs like "I'm Beamin","Solar Midnite" and "Ressurection" and switched them with some of the garbage songs on the album and it would've been a solid album with most of the songs being pretty good instead of what it is now 
30t6p3b.gif
. Is it him or Atlantic that removed those songs from the album?

No. 1 on the charts??

And thats why the album sounds like it does they were trying to appeal to people who buy albums.

Atlantic is Charlie Sheening

Back
Top Bottom