OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Went for a walk down by the beach this morning. Crossed paths with another lady wearing an LAC tee. We did a brief stop-and-chat to commiserate.

She said, “was really hoping we’d force a Game 6 at least, but it’s not looking good.”

I said, “No, but you never know and there’s a few days until game 5, so maybe Kawhi will be able to play.”

She rolled her eyes and kind of shook her head. I said, “you are indeed a true Clippers fan” and we both had a laugh as we resumed our respective walks.

Russ returning to all-star form and us still going out early in the playoffs was not high on my list of possible outcomes when we signed him. LOL.

But I was of course foolishly assuming he’d be playing with Kawhi and PG in the playoffs. :frown:

Speaking of Russ. Owe that man an apology :lol:

im with you

loved him on okc, actually really liked him everywhere else and followed his sig shoes extensively but absolutely hated him when the clips signed him

i was ready to give up my kennard hatred card but he has delivered in all 4 games so far, it took a while but did has confidence for days and a bottomless pit of energy

if the clips keeps him, imma get his jersey next season

but right now, morris is my #1 draft for the most hated clips

blow it up?....the whole team is basically free agents

In this instance what “blow it up” seems to mean is move on from Kawhi and PG because neither can stay healthy. It’s just easy, knee-jerk thing to say that doesn’t actually make much sense for the Clippers.

The other social media hot take apparently going around related to the Clippers is that Kawhi should retire. SMH.

Went for a walk down by the beach this morning. Crossed paths with another lady wearing an LAC tee. We did a brief stop-and-chat to commiserate.

She said, “was really hoping we’d force a Game 6 at least, but it’s not looking good.”

I said, “No, but you never know and there’s a few days until game 5, so maybe Kawhi will be able to play.”

She rolled her eyes and kind of shook her head. I said, “you are indeed a true Clippers fan” and we both had a laugh as we resumed our respective walks.
This is great

not really social media, just another wild stephen a smith hot take
OK, one of the Clippers beat writers I follow on Twitter made is sound like a lot of other took the SAS take and ran with it. But that's actually the only tweet I saw about it.

Im down to run it back but I can understand the frustration and why people would want to move on from Kawhi and PG. I just don’t think these have been your typical “injury prone” injuries. Ingles tore Kawhi’s ACL. Dort almost tore PG’s ACL. Those were unavoidable injuries caused by opponents.

theyll run it back because they need to open intuit with stars even if theyre in their street clothes

With the new CBA rules in effect, I think we could see a very different roster next season in order to avoid taking a huge luxury tax hit, but don't see PG and Kawhi going anywhere. Wouldn't really be suprised about anyone else not being back knext season.

Russ certainly has earned himself another LAC contract, but I now think its possible he could get offered more from another team than we can match.

I just wish that Kawhi could find a doctor that could help him get better. At this point I worry about him. I also know the news about his sister wasn’t easy.

This conversation sums up being a lifelong clippers fan basically.

I don't feel like tearing apart this team is the right answer.

But with the injuries and all of the collective bargaining luxury tax penalties kicking in next year, what do you do?

It's a 330mil payroll now, and balmer has got nothing for his investment.

Last edited:
Honestly family,

I just look for transparency from this franchise. Just be honest about what it is and what it ain't.

Imo

Back
Top Bottom