OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

I don’t know if anyone else caught this, but on the Prime Ticket broadcast, when the Rockets cut the lead to 3 in the last minute, they showed Jerry West and he looked legit stressed out. Honestly made me happy to see how invested he is in the team. He’s in this **** for real...

So, SGA, Tobias, Gallo and Trezz all get a lot of credit for the W last night, but special shout out to Luc for coming off the bench and providing some offense in addition to his typically stellar defense.

Doc is really closing out games with Shai. I would have never ever ever thought that would be happening in the first week of the season. Kudos to him. Bev is meant for a back up PG role. Come in and provide a spark, be a hound on defense. Loving what I’m seeing so far

^^^ I think you’re right about Bev. Him and Bradley for sure need to be split up. Them playing together just magnifies their offensive deficiencies and doesn’t actually make us any better defensively. Start Shai, bring Bev off the bench with Lou.

Man, the 3 Moore hit at the last second after we played 23 seconds of great D completely turned this game around (not in our favor)

Tough loss, but not all bad. Best game for Bev all year. And we stayed in it the whole time against a red hot team. Kind of killed ourselves with sloppy turnovers and rushed shots. Plus, first game SGA made rookie mistakes. I think it will be one to learn from.

Sooner rather than later, you gotta break up the AB + Pat starting pair. They're just too inept offensively.

Last night was one of those “you just aren’t good enough” losses. Like when we would find a way to beat mediocre teams in the lob city days. Not discouraged at all. SGA is too good. I love the way he plays the games and I love that all of his mistakes are usually when he’s trying to make the right play. He will learn and correct those issues

Love where we’re headed :pimp:

Last night was one of those “you just aren’t good enough” losses. Like when we would find a way to beat mediocre teams in the lob city days. Not discouraged at all. SGA is too good. I love the way he plays the games and I love that all of his mistakes are usually when he’s trying to make the right play. He will learn and correct those issues

Love where we’re headed :pimp:

Yeah. We were right there though and NO is one of the hottest teams to start the season. Plus, AD is an absolute beast. Shai going to be starting by November...

we did what in Houston? Wow. Montrezl Harrell gave a 30 piece? Damn :pimp: :pimp:

I thought Lou was going to hit 40 because he was cooking in the 1st half, but what ended up playing out was even better.

Starting line-up still too offensively challenged though. And Milos made a case tonight for getting some time.

I thought Lou was going to hit 40 because he was cooking in the 1st half, but what ended up playing out was even better.

Starting line-up still too offensively challenged though. And Milos made a case tonight for getting some time.

Didn't see a second of the game today but the starting lineup still looking trash is concerning. All of our 3 wins thus far have been pretty fluky. If we're serious about winning games at some point it's got to change.

The defense has been fantastic though.

The starting lineup being trash has a lot to do with:

Bev
Gortat

And to a lesser extent:

Bradley

Bradley hasn’t been much better but bev is a PG who can’t really run an offense or score. That’s a terrible combination in 2018. He is best suited as an energy, hard-nosed defender off the bench.

We’ve been REALLY luckey with missing Russ, CP3, and now Harden :lol:

^^^ Gortat for sure has been disappointing. But I think he needs to start; Trezz and Bobi are best coming off the bench...

Kinda odd hearing Lawler talk about how this is the first likeable team in a long time. I don’t think he cared for the last few lob city years either :lol:

Clips look good and deep. Much, much better than I thought we'd be looking so far. No one is even playing outside of themselves for this 4-2 start, good ****.

Hesitant to say HOW GOOD we are because 1) we haven't gotten injured yet and 2) Our wins have been fluky

But part of being good is taking care of your business, especially when things break your way. When you're trying to make the playoffs, all these wins matter, especially early on when teams are in turmoil, trying to figure themselves out, etc.

Also...I can't stand laker fans bro :lol: like I don't even not like the Lakers, it's their fans. **** I can't stand them lmao on god

Reactions: HIM
Also...I can't stand laker fans bro :lol: like I don't even not like the Lakers, it's their fans. **** I can't stand them lmao on god

That’s been the case for me. I’ve never actually disliked any of their teams. This team is fun to watch. But everytime I wanna root for them I remember how obnoxious their fans are. Same dudes that were posting memes about bron being a choker/baby/overrated/bad teammate are posting every single highlight of his now.

Same way I feel about Dodgers fans. I know y’all are fans so I’ll stall you guys out. I really like that squad, but I was rooting for boston

That’s been the case for me. I’ve never actually disliked any of their teams. This team is fun to watch. But everytime I wanna root for them I remember how obnoxious their fans are. Same dudes that were posting memes about bron being a choker/baby/overrated/bad teammate are posting every single highlight of his now.

Same way I feel about Dodgers fans. I know y’all are fans so I’ll stall you guys out. I really like that squad, but I was rooting for boston

Yeah I used to like want to root for the Lakers because it's LA and they'd had some guys on their team that I've liked, but now I just hope they lose every goddamn game and it's strictly fan related :lol: :lol: The slick **** they say whenever the Clippers are brought up...man I'on **** with em none lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom