OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

Shai, Sin, and Jawun all looking solid. Jawun should be more assertive offensively IMO.

P C H P C H - you got some inside intel on what’s going on with Trezz? At this point, I’m surprised I haven’t heard anything about other teams being interested in him. But also kind of glad because I want him back with us.

P C H P C H - you got some inside intel on what’s going on with Trezz? At this point, I’m surprised I haven’t heard anything about other teams being interested in him. But also kind of glad because I want him back with us.

Not really, but it's a Dry market. He wants more than what the Clips want to pay, but no one's paying anyone anything at this point in FA. I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up taking the QO

I can take this one.

There have been ongoing discussions and Trez is garnering interest from a couple of teams from the Eastern Conference. The hope is that he gets a nice offer from another team which forces the Clippers to match.

Based on his recent Twitter activity, Trezz seems to be pretty unhappy about something.

Got a text last night from a buddy who works in the FO. He said Milos is opting in. Haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet but this dude doesn't usually joke about stuff like this.

Bev
Bradley

SGA, Lou, Jerome, Milos, Jawun, Sin.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing Thornwell at the 3 and even the 4 at times :lol:

We are definitely gearing up for some midseason trades, methinks

Last edited:
Might as well make him head coach.

Doc+ Young players doesn't sound promising.

Can't think of any young players that he has developed.

Well this is ridiculous, what young players has he had other than Austin Rivers who were good?

You can criticize his late drafting, but none of the young guys the clippers have had sans Austin were NBA players.

What young guy was actually good here? Who is even still in the NBA?

What doc did last year with young guys showed that he isn't averse to playing young players, so long as they're actually of quality.

Well this is ridiculous, what young players has he had other than Austin Rivers who were good?

You can criticize his late drafting, but none of the young guys the clippers have had sans Austin were NBA players.

What young guy was actually good here? Who is even still in the NBA?

What doc did last year with young guys showed that he isn't averse to playing young players, so long as they're actually of quality.

I said I couldn't think of any.

Now that you're calling what I said ridiculous, let's look it up:

Corey Maggette Orlando Magic Rookie 1999- Did not do anything till he got to the clippers. Doc Gave up on an obviously talented guy after 77 games.

Mike Miller Orlando Magic Rookie 2000- Are we giving Doc Credit for him having a long career as a shooter? Shooters gonna shoot, and that's all Mike Miller ever did in his career so I'm not giving Doc credit for Millers career either.

Steven Hunter Orlando Magic 2002- He was a project big man with solid potential. Nothing ever materialized with him.

Keith Bogans Orlando Magic 2003- Basically nothing from a kid out of a Kentucky program

Reece Gaines Orlando Magic 2003- No development under Doc

Drew Gooden Orlando Magic 2003- He was in his first year, criminally underperformed considering how highly touted he was coming out of college

Zaza Pachulia Orlando Magic- LOL

Tony Allen Boston Celtics 2004- OK NOW HERE IS ONE I CAN GIVE DOC CREDIT FOR. Thats 1 for 8 so far

Marcus Banks Celtics 2004- he was in his first year... no development

Al Jefferson Celtics 2004- This was a major failure by Doc to the point where Boston let him go... Jefferson ended up being an allstar after getting away from Doc if my memory serves me correctly.

Delonte West Celtics 2004- He never flourished under Doc I don't think but he was a solid player later on.

Gerald Green 2005- Nah

Rondo- I think he was gonna be good regardless of who was coaching him but lets just go ahead and give Doc credit for developing Rondo anyway.

Thats 2 players out of 13 that doc developed into serviceable NBA players.

I could keep going but you get the point.

Not giving a Rookie a chance usually ends up being, coach didn't develop him and give him adequate opportunities. It's not always "well the draft picks were late and they sucked".

If I'm wrong about any of the names listed, by all means correct me, but please spare me the NT overreaction crap. That's annoying and I'm not getting into it today.

I said I couldn't think of any.

Now that you're calling what I said ridiculous, let's look it up:

Corey Maggette Orlando Magic Rookie 1999- Did not do anything till he got to the clippers

Mike Miller Orlando Magic Rookie 2000- Are we giving Doc Credit for him having a long career as a shooter? Shooters gonna shoot, and that's all Mike Miller ever did in his career so I'm not giving Doc credit for Millers career either.

Steven Hunter Orlando Magic 2002- He was a project big man with solid potential. Nothing ever materialized with him.

Keith Bogans Orlando Magic 2003- Basically nothing from a kid out of a Kentucky program

Reece Gaines Orlando Magic 2003- No development under Doc

Drew Gooden Orlando Magic 2003- He was in his first year, criminally underperformed considering how highly touted he was coming out of college

Zaza Pachulia Orlando Magic- LOL

Tony Allen Boston Celtics 2004- OK NOW HERE IS ONE I CAN GIVE DOC CREDIT FOR. Thats 1 for 8 so far

Marcus Banks Celtics 2004- he was in his first year... no development

Al Jefferson Celtics 2004- This was a major failure by Doc to the point where Boston let him go... Jefferson ended up being an allstar after getting away from Doc if my memory serves me correctly.

Delonte West Celtics 2004- He never flourished under Doc I don't think but he was a solid player later on.

Gerald Green 2005- Nah

Rondo- I think he was gonna be good regardless of who was coaching him but lets just go ahead and give Doc credit for developing Rondo anyway.

Thats 2 players out of 13 that doc developed into serviceable NBA players.

I could keep going but you get the point.

Not giving a Rookie a chance usually ends up being, coach didn't develop him and give him adequate opportunities. It's not always "well the draft picks were late and they sucked".

If I'm wrong about any of the names listed, by all means correct me, but please spare me the NT overreaction crap. That's annoying and I'm not getting into it today.

you win.

^^^ BTW, Reggie Bullock actually had a pretty solid season for Detroit last year. Just saying. 11 ppg in 25 minutes and shot 43 percent from 3. Not all-star level, but not bad...

^^^ BTW, Reggie Bullock actually had a pretty solid season for Detroit last year. Just saying. 11 ppg in 25 minutes and shot 43 percent from 3. Not all-star level, but not bad...

Nah he absolutely did. He became an NBA player last season. But he hasn't played with the clips in x amount of years and is just now becoming a player.

Diamond Stone, David Micheneau, Brice Johnson, Branden Dawson, CJ Wilcox...Clips didn't get ONE average NBA Season from them. ONE :lol: and once those guys left the clips, they promptly fell out of the NBA (Reggie not included)

Take away the nepotism aspect, and it makes sense that the only young guy who worked out for us was the young guy who was a lottery pick. That's why I'm optimistic with Shai, Jerome, Ty Wallace, and Sin. Wanna see what the FO can do with guys who actually can be NBA players.

Not eem mad we didn’t get Kawhi. His saga with the Spurs has been so weird that it’s soured me on him.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/17/17581896/clippers-shai-gilgeous-alexander-jerome-robinson

REALLY good read on SGA and Reobinson and what our FO envisions them becoming.

We gotta make some moves and get these guys more minutes, man. This is why I wanted multiple picks. All we gotta do is hit on one of Sin, Jawun, SGA, or Robinson. If any of them become an all star, we're in a really good spot.

On top of this, we'll probably get another crack at a lotto pick next summer as well, making our chances of hitting on one of these higher.

^^^ Yeah, I read that Ringer article. Good stuff. Made me even more firm in my opinion that we shouldn’t sell the farm for Kiwi.

^^^ It’s kind of funny to me how salty some Clippers fans are that we didn’t trade for Kawhi. I don’t think they realize that we gave up our best player and best young prospect for him, like Toronto did, we’re probably no better than a 4 or 5 seed in the West.

Plus, San Antonio didn’t like our assets and preferred to send Kawhi to the East. Not much out FO can do about that.

People seem to think that Jerry West should be able to Jedi mind trick players to sign with us and teams to trade with us. Doesn’t work that way.

Sound like idiots to me. It also disgusts me how many redditors openly admit they became Clipper fans ~6 years ago. These are usually the cry babies

^^^ It’s kind of funny to me how salty some Clippers fans are that we didn’t trade for Kawhi. I don’t think they realize that we gave up our best player and best young prospect for him, like Toronto did, we’re probably no better than a 4 or 5 seed in the West.

Plus, San Antonio didn’t like our assets and preferred to send Kawhi to the East. Not much out FO can do about that.

People seem to think that Jerry West should be able to Jedi mind trick players to sign with us and teams to trade with us. Doesn’t work that way.

The whole irony of this is that Kawhi's chances of coming to LAC may be higher during the season as opposed to right now. The Clippers have positioned themselves really nicely, they have a plethora of Good players on expiring deals that could be valuable to a team like Toronto if say, things go south in Toronto and they don't feel like KL is going to resign with them.

Not to mention, trading for Kawhi and basically losing the team is a dicey move. Ideally You wanna pair Tobias w/KL, not trade Tobias for him. As long as the Clips remain competent, (Big reason why the Clips trying to compete this year isn't the end of the world to me. They've put together a great pseudo tank team on one year deals) in any regard they should be in a fine space next summer to not only have a chance at Kawhi, but to pair Kawhi with another star.

In almost any scenario for LAC, next summer looks far more appealing than right now.

Back
Top Bottom