**Official Lil Wayne Thread ** **No Ceilings 2 drops Thanksgiving**

I honestly wish he would stop with the freestyles over other peoples beats & just release real music, The FWA was a great step, he seemed way more focused on there

I honestly wish he would stop with the freestyles over other peoples beats & just release real music, The FWA was a great step, he seemed way more focused on there

I was just listening to FWA the other day and that was a step in the right direction. He was skating on Post bail balling, glory, pick up your heart

Somebody remind me why some people spell his name wa_n_

I got time today. Wa_n_ is the most overrated rapper in history. Never have I ever listened to a rapper that even in his prime was slightly above average and nothing more, yet got praised like he's some legend. He's a legend for being a part of the heyday of Cash Money and releasing a lot of music, but not actually anything skill-wise. He's been the empty stats guy for years, but when you compare him to other true legends (Jay, Nas, Em, Pac, Big, even Kanye), he's just not in that tier at all. Wa_n_ is Rudy Gay or Kevin Martin trying to sit at the table with Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Magic, Hakeem, etc. Had he never started pushing that "best rapper alive since the best rapper retired" garbage, he would have been Juelz Santana or Memphis Bleek, but luckily, he was able to strike a chord with dudes easily impressed by ****, elevating his status. Carter 1 and 2 ain't no top 5 or 10 all time albums, they're just albums that bumped and that's it. The Mobb, BM JR, Georgia Bush, Presidential Remix, those I Can't Feel My Face loosies, they're just songs cool to nod your head to and that's it. Ain't nothing special about any of those. 6+ minute freestyles from him were just that, long and aimless, he wasn't "goin in" on anything. Dude didn't even have the best verse on 6 Minutes with Cassidy & Fabolous, which was basically the start of "lyrical Weezy". That whole 05-07 era of his was just being on a ton of features and beating people over the head with his decent music and getting pumped up like it's all-time great stuff. 08-10 was even worse as he was basically the face of rap, being elevated to a tier he shouldn't even be in. Dude is supposed to be on par with legends and bubbling legends when his real peers are Plies, Ace Hood, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, and Shawty Lo, yet Wa_n_ doesn't even have a TM 101 to his name, a real album that changed things, nor were people elevating Jeezy and Ross, dudes who made better music than him. The last 6-7 years have basically been washed pathetic Wa_n_, a bunch of desperate attempts to "comeback", being planted on songs that would have taken off without him. Not sure how you come back when you weren't all that good in the first place. Dude played a big part in watering down the **** out of rap for a long time, and doesn't need to be acknowledged much anymore. Snap music, the rock/rap fusion era, and the Dallas dance rap wave were all phases that came and went. He was a trend/phase that kept getting life-lines, so Wa_n_ is my part of erasing him. Bryan and Ronald are doing rap a favor by keeping Carter V buried in the ground.

In Tune We Trust, more desperation
yawn3.png
, like Celtics Shaq and Barkley's last year as a Rocket, get over it already ol WB frog soundin' boy
camby.png

finally heard the tape today

didn’t know it was on livemixtapes

no way I was rocking with datpiff

this **** is hard

:lol: as if livemixtapes is better than datpiff...

if it ain’t on apple music, livemixtapes or my stash I ain’t listening to it

plus datpiff been trash since something like 2010

anybody can be on datpiff as opposed to livemixtapes where atleast you have to have some sort of traction first

plus I’m an app snob, my phone not littered with 100s of redundant apps

This is the best wayne has been in a while , suck it’s getting overlooked because

1. People used to him putting out trash.

2. He’s not releasing anything on the streaming platforms smh

Can’t lie .... This is getting me excited about Wayne’s music . First time in forever .

If you’re in my age bracket (I’m 28) this should be taking you back to a good time in yo life especially the track with Juelz

Im hearing somewhat of a return to form on the 2 latest tracks he’s released but until he starts saying something with his rhymes, im not buyin.

Dude is 36/7 aint he? Im not gonna listen to him just rhyme words anymore.

Last dope verse i can vouch for from wayne was the solange mad joint. The song had a concept and his verse was in tune with that. Was nice to hear his raps actually going somewhere.

Last edited:
Obviously this isn't 2000's Wayne. WE GET IT. It's 2018.
Tired of this mumble rap ********.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reloaded looks to be all new tracks (besides the 3 we heard). Thought it was just going to be some bonus songs on D6.

Drops tomorrow !

Attachments

• 77CC9058-F130-43DE-A9A4-387C6A700D75.jpeg
    77CC9058-F130-43DE-A9A4-387C6A700D75.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom