Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note on the (misinformed) "Dolphins" nickname:

The custom iD Dolphins people have created are dope but the retail version coming out is 100% NOT Dolphins inspired. That pair is the "Miami Setting" model. Entire LeBron X "Miami Setting" color backstory is on CK: http://counterkicks.com/2012/11/exc...iami-dolphins-inspired-but-youd-be-100-wrong/

Keep in mind the diamond storyline is what the retail cws this year has been based on. Even then, you might try to give it a Dolphins nickname as they do resemble, but also note that LeBron himself has been a very vocal and public fan of the DALLAS COWBOYS so he really could care less about the Dolphins and one would assume he'd think it's a bad nickname for one of his signature shoes . Bron would ask for a navy and silver Cowboys colorway ride before he'd ever want a Fins one.

LeBron X "Miami Setting" ... like the "setting" a diamond goes into on a ring. LeBron is the diamond, the city of Miami is the setting. That's the concept behind it...

All hype aside though, (probably adding to the hype anyway by saying this smh) the Corks is the most unique themed shoe that actually looks pretty damn good as well. That white midsole/sole really complements the top. *applauds nike*

I would love a pair to rock to death, ill try my luck.

another garbage marketing story for the next lebron color.
mean.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
I was reading that and thinking to myself.... what? 

Not every shoe needs a story. 

another garbage marketing story for the next lebron color. :smh: :x :lol:

Haha, true. "Miami setting?" Bigtime reaching just to connect to the diamond theme. Anyway, the Dolphins are teal and orange because of the relation to Miami, so to with the brons. Dolphin colorway it is!

Appreciate the background but don't really see the name "miami setting" catching on
The colorway is nice but I don't feel too compelled to grab them having got the Cannon IX's

Are you guys crazy debating if this dude should even make this trade??? (I have my doubts this is a real offer, but that's another issue).  Once he gets the Corks, resell them and buy 3 pairs of Bred 11s and Thunder 4s each.
The Corks are going for around $700 in Manila. PHP 30,000

Thunders and Breds are around $300-350+ each. (PHP12-16,000)

And why the **** would I lie about this?

Last edited:
Definitely a reach with that "setting" stuff but whatever, it's a nice CW.

I'm passing having picked up the Penny V Dolphin already myself, but good luck to all trying to get your hands on a pair, hopefully won't be hard

why would you drop crazy money on a sample pair when it wont even have the special box? You could prolly dropped the same amount the same amount of money after release and get the whole 9 yards.

To say look at me i got it before you? I hope not.

I can see dropping stacks on a PE or un-released samples, but these are dropping next month with a special box. Why drop crazy money on something a month before release and get a plain old orange box. 

just my thoughts.

I am under the impression that the "special box" pairs were super limited? Like the ones in Manila didn't come in that box correct? Not sure but I figured my chances of getting a special box is low PLUS if its that big *** regular Lebron box they can have it. I hate the lbj 10 box it's big af and no details or nothing. And I would rather pay now get the shoes next week and not worry about the hassle scrambling to find a pair from the average reseller engaging in a bidding war and what not. If y'all are familiar with a few European presalers they are charging $1000 or close to it. Ridiculous. So I think my purchase was justified in this case seeing as ill have them ASAP and can put my resources to other sneakers releasing in feb.

The "setting lebron X" should be called the liars because they are definitely inspired by the dolphins...

Last edited:

The custom iD Dolphins people have created are dope but the retail version coming out is 100% NOT Dolphins inspired. That pair is the "Miami Setting" model. Entire LeBron X "Miami Setting" color backstory is on CK: http://counterkicks.com/2012/11/exc...iami-dolphins-inspired-but-youd-be-100-wrong/

Keep in mind the diamond storyline is what the retail cws this year has been based on. Even then, you might try to give it a Dolphins nickname as they do resemble, but also note that LeBron himself has been a very vocal and public fan of the DALLAS COWBOYS so he really could care less about the Dolphins and one would assume he'd think it's a bad nickname for one of his signature shoes . Bron would ask for a navy and silver Cowboys colorway ride before he'd ever want a Fins one.

LeBron X "Miami Setting" ... like the "setting" a diamond goes into on a ring. LeBron is the diamond, the city of Miami is the setting. That's the concept behind it...

AND ON THIS NOTE, I'M PEACING OUT ON THE LEBRON 10. COME GET ME WHEN THE ALL STAR GAMES DROP. :lol:

Just a stupid generalization i'm sure the athletes don't need the money as it's free spending money for them anyways. It'll be funny to see which athlete would resell though lol. It could be somebody that don't/won't get them that's listing it. I see most that's in the US.

First, my same point I always bring up about shoe nicknames... Who cares what someone chooses to call a shoe?

Second, thanks for providing the actual information.

Third, regardless of if they are the "Miami Setting," no one is EVER going to call them that.  They're going to be called the Dolphins.  Anyone who gets worked up over what someone calls a shoe needs to reevaluate their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom