Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do you explain the logic for charging £165 for the nike+ X and £160 for the regular X then?
Last time I checked the avg wage in Poland was less than the USA yet the price is more....Since when have basketball shoes not sold in Europe? I'm sure if you checked shoe sales in Lithuanian/France youd find a few basketball shoes get sold!
A lot of guys who ball in Europe have a hook up in the US or else order on line from the US websites for basketball shoes cus the price difference even with local taxes + international shipping there is still savings buying from overseas compared to retail prices in Europe.

C'mon dude...you know I am right...yes...some basketball shoes are sold in Europe, but let's be serious here...basketball shoes are weak in Europe and they have always been...I am very aware of European sales of athletic footwear, Cool Grey XI's were available 4-5 months after the launch...I was in a major retailer in a major city in the UK the day the Bordeaux 7's launched...crickets...

The logic for retails in Europe comes from the COST of getting them to the EU and the margin requirements set worth by wholesalers and retailers in Europe...has nothing to do with US pricing...JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE BOUGHT AND SOLD IN EUROPE...shoes are not an exception to the rule...

And...your point about Poland is??? There is a reason that there is one, maybe two Footlocker's in Poland, yet hundreds in the UK, France and Italy...the population has the money to afford high priced footwear, however the vast majority of the population of Europe that buys athletic footwear buys "trainers" aka "running shoes"...not basketball shoes...

Just because people play basketball in France and Lithuania doesn't mean that they sell a lot of basketball shoes in those countries...you are comparing apples to oranges by comparing the sales of basketball shoes in the US to those sales in Europe...

I am not sure how much you know about the US basketball market, but very few of the basketball shoes bought in the US find a basketball court...the majority are bought by kids to impress their friends at school or at the club...if basketball shoe sales were only for end use like they were in Europe, sales would be maybe 5-10% of what they are in the US and styles such as Retro Jordan's and LeBron's would be an after-thought...

JM

NOT coming at anybody in this thread but since when did we all become experts on Nike materials and get the clout or wherewithal to say they're cheap. Synthetic or not they are WAY more durable than Leather or Suede. No matter the material we all got something to complain about, why? Plus nobody looks at your $200 shoes and says that synthetic crap material makes dude look dumb. They just look at your $200 shoes and think that dude looks dumb. :lol: Everybody stop talking this cheap material ish to make you seem cool and knowledgeable, just buy this crap we ALL like/love and move on B!
More on topic tho, I feel like ID's will be more popular with all three Nike sigs this year than the official releases. Maybe not more desirable but considering what you have to do to get official releases these days, possibly more popular. The ID options on the X are ALL better than the official releases. Even the swoosh on the non Nike+ version is better than the printed on swoosh of official $180 releases.
I been sipping Hen, rant done. Welcome to the new thread... :tongue:
I feel you. I see the use of Hyperfuse or any other materials as another form of expression. To limit shoe design to just leather would hinder the creative process. Whether one prefers leather or any other material is a completely different story.

James got rid of his waves? and was the party outside or something because of the ski caps?

Love these. The look so perfect. Went half up from my true but that may have been a mistake. May try for an exchange.

I must say, the 10s look decent in pics, but they are sexy as fuark on feet/in person. Geeeeez :wow: :smh: :smokin

Dudes with Jades on where breaking my neck all day

It would be nice to see them do some college color ways for this shoe.
It would be nice to see a premium leather/suede version or at least as an option on the ID.

Last edited:
do you guys think there will be another restock sometime next week on NDC
grin.gif
 it usually happens with this kind of releases

Actually...it doesn't...Basketball shoes don't sell in Europe and you know that...has nothing to do with the US vs Euro exchange rate...that's silly...
If you live in Europe you don't get paid in US Dollars so there is no relevance to US pricing...
JM

Still, this doesn't make sense. What about counties that make less money than US and those "rich Europeans"? They are still asked to pay the same price, which is getting ridiculous. Now it's up to 30%-40% more than what you guys pay in Dollars.

However, when my local spots are getting their shoes, authorized Nike retailers, I pay much less than retail.

Nike is greedy at retail... that's all. People would buy more shoes, but not at these prices!

NDC has me confused...

C/W is different from Product Launch Calendar page and Store page..

Product Calendar has it "Tourmaline" whilst,...

Store Page has it "True Melon"

WTF is goin on NDC !!!.. 
grin.gif

Carbons, Jades, dunkmans and floridians all dropped in the uk this weekend. Prices are crazy tho

non + models
Carbons - £165
Jades - £160
Dunkmans £150
floridians - £150

The nike+ pressures are £160.......

Carbons, Jades, dunkmans and floridians all dropped in the uk this weekend. Prices are crazy tho
non + models
Carbons - £165
Jades - £160
Dunkmans £150
floridians - £150
The nike+ pressures are £160.......
Are they limited?

I think some of ya'll are crazy thinking these pressures are going to sit if your basing the fact that it's not a super limited shoe but they are still limited and a home/bred colorway that is different from other bred colorways by having an icey sole to boot this shoe stands on it's own when it comes to bred shoes it usually the same formula and colorblocking these pressures threw a curve and some just don't see the beauty in them but most was quick to let Nike beat them in the head with the ID's just because they threw teal up there as a color option smh how many times do you want to have the same color looking shoe in your collection???

1. They didn't sell out.

2. You're asking how come we can want so many South Beach shoes? Can't the same be said about black and red shoes? I think there's been far less teal and pink shoes than black and red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom