Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the BHM GS and Men's difference will be like the Pressures. Black outsole on GS and clear on Men's. I don't want clear outsole again though since I have the Pressures. Orange sole or bust. >D

Am I the only one that would like to see some actual HISTORY thrown into these shoes. I mean it is Black History Month right?

I fail to see how throwing some African type print on a shoe really embodies BHM.

Wouldn't be that hard to ask the athletes who their favorite Black Historical Figure is, or Athlete for that matter and build a themed shoe Around that person.

Am I the only one that would like to see some actual HISTORY thrown into these shoes. I mean it is Black History Month right?

I fail to see how throwing some African type print on a shoe really embodies BHM.

Wouldn't be that hard to ask the athletes who their favorite Black Historical Figure is, or Athlete for that matter and build a themed shoe Around that person.
Agreed

Ok guys. Lets be real here: the bhm are a definate cop. At least to me That is. Definately not sleeping on these. One thing that is really dossapointing with the lbjx line so far is the lack of lace options. Give us a extra set of laces, nike!!! Geez!! Would love a set of Grey laces for these but a release date cop nonetheless.

Last edited:
Only thing the BHM is telling me is Nike seems to be very open to Graphics and various color blocking on this model but are simply striking out miserably! Sometimes you need some new blood and fresh ideas in even the most talented companies. Hell even the Yankees have to retool every odd number of years, maybe its bout time Nike thinks about revamping its Lebron line colorway team. Their performance is similar to the Bobcats right now, in the building but just not getting it done.

I guarantee, you get 5 NT members together that know their ish and you'll get a colorway leaps and bounds better than anything that has officially released.

You might as well start sending them pics of the IDs you and twenty8 did :nthat: . Take advantage of it now and you might be able to cash out in the long run :smokin

The BHMs aren't bad, but they're definitely not better than the BHM IXs.

I thought the corks were cool but I'm not going to waste my time with the nonsense surrounding them.

On another note, the more I look at the dolphins/settings, the more I realize nike got them right. (Dull orange and all) The colors work well together. I told myself i'd pass on them but I'm starting to reconsider. One of the better X's next to the Pressure's and Christmas's imo
I'll admit I wasn't a fan initially, but the Settings really do look nice in this pic.

Don't think I'll cop though.

BHM = Prism 2.0
You know they're still gonna sell out(online).
The X-Mas sold out too. I'm sure the Canaries will too. Online, Nike doesn't seem to stock too many. Most of the stock seems to go to the stores.

And the story of these shoes are $$$.

Everyone who is voicing their displeasure should probably take a look at the Jordan XX8 in about four months. I have a feeling that shoe will be more of the same with the terrible color blocking, radical design and HIGH $$$.

You might as well start sending them pics of the IDs you and twenty8 did :nthat: . Take advantage of it now and you might be able to cash out in the long run :smokin

My ID's weren't exactly original, just executed pretty damn well, lol! I do appreciate the compliment tho. I have some ideas for themes for this shoe like a Bday version based around Ohio, a Tattoo colorway based on his tats, and a 4th MVP colorway. Feel like Nike is holding back, like they are playing it safe for some reason.

Via: KixandtheCity.com

Nike LeBron X GS "Black History Month"
Bunch more pics on KixandtheCity.com
View media item 208451View media item 208450Peace.
MaZe

No no for me. Midsole looks like its representing a Dashiki or something. Matter of fact, I think the shoes is based entirely on a Dashiki. Don't like it.

I already got mines to match .. *drops mic*
View media item 208754

aw man don't show dudes in the DMV that.lol

Well planned by nnike 2 cws on the same day..... watch the hype go up on the dunkman now.... after missing
On the corks these will prolly fly of the shelves......
Been waiting for the holly crap moment but still nothing.... they are nice but anytme i pick em up in store i cant gt myself to pull the trigger....
I want that cork money though......
they tryed that with the yeezy 2 and military 4's, failed miserably :lol:

The zoom in and music had me
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

I swear some of y'all don't check the first post. :lol: :smh:

I updated the first post with the release date changes for the Volts and Canaries shortly after JM dropped the info.

I checked the upcoming release list for Eastbay and Footlocker today and they both had the Canaries dropping on the 19th, while Nike still has them dropping on Saturday.

So I'm not sure if the Canaries release date was changed again. Should know for sure later this week I assume.

A confirmation from an Eastbay rep would help though.

As for the Volts, the release date is the same, for now.
The release date for the Canary colorway has been pushed back to 1/19/13.

EastbayRep - Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom