Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This right here! II's had crazy good cushioning, and simple but original shape and design. nailed the laserig when lasering was the trend. i loved the AZG's for ball, too. beat my black ones into the ground.

The ones I had to have on RD, though, we're the IV's..

and since we're talking LBJ models, VII's were initially one of the best, but they've aged very poorly IMO. Wouldn't buy a future retro of it, and just sold my ASG's..

Last edited:
All I know is that lebron II's > anything else lebron's name is on....... Come at me ....!

I agree with you here. I keep hearing about the IIIs and even the IVs more as far as being the best older Lebron when the IIs are the total package to those two models. Only have the Black/red IIs but since I wasn't buying 2 or more back in the day I missed out on the White/navy, Dunkmans, and Birthdays. I'm going in on them if and when they retro. :nerd:

Now err'body were fans of Lebrons from day one.

Post them collection pics of them nasty *** 6s then. I'm not even going to start with the 3s or 5s.
You couldn't give them ugly *** shoes away in the hood. :rofl:

Now err'body were fans of Lebrons from day one.
Post them collection pics of them nasty *** 6s then. I'm not even going to start with the 3s or 5s.
You couldn't give them ugly *** shoes away in the hood. :rofl:

There are actually a lot of LBJ fans that were there from day one. Not saying those who have recently flocked to his sig are not in abundance but there are some real fans.

The III's were actually one of my favorites. The quality with the leather and the metal lace holders (cant think of proper term) and the overall durability of them was great. The ony thing I didn't like was that the laces would tear easily especially when tying them tight to play ball in. I probably ruined two pair of III's just by trashing the laces alone. Wish I was older with a real job then but I'm happy with the one pair I have DS (black and gold pair). One of my favorite black and gold sneakers besides the black elite 9.

i don't understand the hate on the VIs. They may have been simple design wise but they were comfortable (double stack zoom :smokin) and had nice materials before the plastic craze. I liked them granted i only bought the all black pair.

As u wish, Sneakermane. Just had my son try these on to see if they fit him, lol. Besides the narrowness that made these painful for me, these are great for ball, too. Actual majority thick leather upper with real (gasp) metal and not plastic lace loops, and cushioning on point. I admit I fell for the lookalike quality that these share with white/navy Jordan XVI's.

No VI's, sold the one pair I did have (chalks) also for fit issues. But I'm not one who needs my identity affirmed by blind allegiance to one sneaker line, haha.

i don't understand the hate on the VIs. They may have been simple design wise but they were comfortable (double stack zoom :smokin) and had nice materials before the plastic craze. I liked them granted i only bought the all black pair.

That's bcuz people are stupid. They wud rather this overpriced plastic garbage and be fed all this nonsense about tech. The VI, to this day, is one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. I wear a pair almost everyday. The shoe has a nice updated Air Force 1 vibe to it and the materials used are good too. Plus, the concepts and colorways for the VI were very creative. The VI will always be cool in my book.

Last edited:
AZGs were my first pair as well and they're still in somewhat nice condition too. Copped then for 89.99 haha. Now I can maybe buy a SB elite socks for that....

Don't matter if u were a fan since day one. Cop the lebrons u like. I had azg (hs) the 7s 9s and a paid of 10s honestly couldn't see myself wearing any other one of his models except the 2s. They really went for performance and not looks in his earlier models

IMO the Lebron didn't take off until the LBJ 7. The 6 was decent, but prior to that the line was trash.

My man are u serious? Why cus of the 360 air unit? Cus thats when u started to cop or like the line, look I respect ur opinion but please believe me when I tell u that the line has been ill since day 1 with Lebron makin commercials with berni Mac (rip) its just the hype beast wern't on game yet! And word to the II's the blk/red joints had me going bananas

Last edited:
Don't matter if u were a fan since day one. Cop the lebrons u like. I had azg (hs) the 7s 9s and a paid of 10s honestly couldn't see myself wearing any other one of his models except the 2s. They really went for performance and not looks in his earlier models
+1

love the lebron 2s. those black/white/red pair. they were great for ball and looked good for casual.
i still have my DS pair of lebron 5s. wifey gave em to me as a gift back when they came out.

dont agree with the LBJ line didnt take off until the 7s. maybe it didnt take off to hypebeasts and bandwagon hoppers. always been a bron fan and his shoes, i must admit those 3s look ehh though. never liked the 1s, and i still want a pair of the 4s

Last edited:
My man are u serious? Why cus of the 360 air unit? Cus thats when u started to cop or like the line, look I respect ur opinion but please believe me when I tell u that the line has been ill since day 1 with Lebron makin commercials with berni Mac (rip) its just the hype beast wern't on game yet! And word to the II's the blk/red joints had me going bananas

Yeah the line has always been "cool" but realistically back then Lebrons and Kobes were something you bought down the line when they were on sale or in an outlet,

everybody was into Jordans and Air Force Ones. Remember back then the early Lebrons(I-V) only came out in a handful of colorways which were all GRs with a few exceptions like the Birthday IIs.

The VI was the first model to come out in a bunch of colorways(coincidentally around the same time the Kobe line broke out with the IVs)

not gonna lie..i wasnt a fan of LBJs til the 3s dropped...had the white/gold and white/navy pairs...i missed all the lebrons from then on, so the Xs are my first lebrons in a min

LeBron IIs and the Chamber of Fear campaign will always be my favorites, I still have the free baller bands that came in the mail with the cars and poster:smokin

I remember in high school I was wearing black/red/white the IIs and IVs on dress down day (we usually wore uniform) and people thought I was crazy for rocking brons, those same people are the ones dropping life savings on south beaches lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom