Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem is LeBron's sneakers when he first came into the league looked like they were being bought for basketball purposes. Honestly, how many people did you see wearing Bron's casually when he was in Cleveland? I didn't, at least. Now, his more recent shoes, ever since the 8's in my opinion, have become more and more popular with those buying shoes NOT to play ball in. The problem is here: how does Nike come out with shoes for people buying them who are not trying to wear them for the purpose of the shoe, yet come up with shoes that will appease LeBron and the freak of nature athlete he is? The answer was CWs, but the price still had to be at a point that could justify the whole "LeBron" branding.

I've always said we never pay for the technology or the materials, most other shoes will have exactly what you are looking for or something extremely similar whether it be upper materials, cushioning, flywire, etc. But we pay for the fact that is a flagship Nike item endorsed by LeBron. It sounds stupid when you actually say that out loud to yourself, but then why aren't shoes like 2012 Hyperfuse the same price as the LBXs? Maybe a few discrepancies, but the X's are just a product of marketing, hype, shoe game culture, and Nike knowing how to appease all of the above whether it be with "lifestyle" bs that they are putting out or letting consumers now iD a SB CW.

The only problem is a lot of us blame Nike in here and the direction the sneaker game is going, and these people are the same ones who line up a day early for a pair of retro'd kicks or shoes that they were bashing a week before.

Yall can complain all you want, but having the Corks (or any Lebron X) shoe limited to FL, it's equally due to Nike AND Lebron. A limited, exclusive shoe builds hype, and we all know Nike and Lebron wants hype for this shoe. Nike CAN release this shoe nationwide, but than it's not as limited or exclusive for the Lebron camp if people in LA, Texas, Chicago, hell even New Mexico can get them.
It goes back to the days (and still happen nows), of Lebron keeping some exclusives for him and his crew, its that hoiler than thou, ego type attitude.

No a shoe Limited to one store in your area, or one shoe chain for example: say the Corks only came to 2 Footaction stores in each state. that would show the shoe as being very limited. They would pretty much still be hard to obtain but you could still have an ounce of hope. Now having 60 pairs of shoes limited to FL is just plain stupid not limited. Like Memphiss said having a shoe that only comes to Miami in 60 pairs is not going to make me want the shoe more. That's only going to make me go pick up another Sig pair of Nike's or Jordan's and if that other pair of Sig Nike's KD V's Kobe 8's Hyperposite Foams Penny V's or whatever is just a little more available or not as hard to pick up, then that may make me pursue those other styles of Nike's more, because I collect sneakers not pictures of shoes I cant have

Can you imagine resale prices of the Corks if that knowledge is true? Basketball shoe game is getting ridiculous man. That's why half of my recent cops have been GRs and iDs

Last edited:
I'm passing on the prisims, I like them but for $200 with taxes I'm only buying Lebron X I love. If they continue to make the colorways I do love ultra limited, I won't buy any of them. Instead of paying a huge markup on plastic shoes made in China, I'll spend similar money on some hand made with premium materials (butter soft leather, suedes, nubuck, snakeskin, etc) made in Spain or Italy designer shoes.

I want a pair of Prisms...still trying to gage the hype. I want these for retail. havent heard of any RSVP or raffles in NY. praying i can just walk in and cop on monday

It makes PLENTY of sense. Before they started excluding all of the best colorways of yearly models Lebron's sig line was lackluster and didn't garnish much attention in the lifestyle/casual realms. Once Nike started withholding the dopest colorways people started yearning for the line. It's a classic case of battered woman syndrome, the worse Nike treats its consumers in regards to wants and pricing the more the consumer wants that "exclusive" product. Mostly due to Nike's consumer demographic seeing sneakers as a sign of status and financial wealth. Makes perfect sense.

Yeah what you are saying is kinda true

I think the Lebron line broke out with the VII for a few reasons.

1. You have admit Petrie made a pretty great looking shoe(although they didn't perform great) 2. Also that was the first time I remember seeing a ton of unreleased hot colorways( Heroes pack,HWCs, Cav Fanatics, Kentuckys etc)

The Lebron 8 was a super hot shoe which the South Beach colorway set on fire. They continued this trend with the Lebron 9.

But I think its a fine line between releasing hot limited colorways and releasing uber limited colorways like the MVP pack, Crown Jewels and the Corks. Those things are so limited,I I cant even get excited by them, I know if I don't live in Miami or New York, I wont be able to even see a pair in person.

Last edited:
Prisms will be copped, just not right away. Really hoping the news about the Corks isn't true. The one pair I really wanted :smh: .

Got mine at 2:30am. Shipped out. Not getting here until next Friday. So much for rocking these on new years eve. :frown:
You couldn't really have believed they would arrive by then. It's ground shipping and considering the day they were sold

So the guy that posted the video is sneaker yeti, or he bought them from him? Either way the guy is trying to hype people to overspend on these shoes. If he is sneaker yeti he is one of the biggest, overpriced sneaker resellers on eBay he doesn't care who gets the shoes as long as he gets paid.

I don't agree with Lebron line taking off from the vii or after the viii, that's ridiculous.. I' myself and many in here have been down with the Lebron line since day 1 with the AZG. Last couple of years have been the years of the beast, buy everything up posting on every social media app, site whatever to get probs and show off! Nike was going to catch on sooner or later that most cats will pay whatever and do whatever to be "the cool kid" or the guy that thinks a pair or Jordan's is going to get him laid.. All this is IMO of course, good day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom