Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see them do something different for the Xmas colorway next year. The Red/green is fine, but I just wanna see if they got any other ideas up their sleeve.

Not unless Eric Avar or even Leo Chang gets involved. They have great concepts and ideas drawn from Kobe and Durant that the designers are able to put it into the shoe. Petrie has not really pushed the envelope for the Christmas in awhile. Might be because Lebron isn't giving a lot of feedback? The Chalk VI were different even though it didn't really have any elements that tells you it's Christmas.
The diamond theme this year is getting tiring fast. Needs to use the lion/king theme into it as well. All-star is probably more creative because they have a theme set so they could follow that. Let's see if the Elites will look completely different from the current X design or not. It might be the same as last year with a few add-ons/take aways and be done with?

I'm glad somebody mentioned it above cause I was wondering...,

Who designed the Lebron Xs?

I figured it was still Jason Petrie but I have yet to see ANYTHING in this thread or online about his input on the shoe. It's like Nike still has him in the dog house from that D Rose tweet.

I'd like to see them do something different for the Xmas colorway next year. The Red/green is fine, but I just wanna see if they got any other ideas up their sleeve.

Not unless Eric Avar or even Leo Chang gets involved. They have great concepts and ideas drawn from Kobe and Durant that the designers are able to put it into the shoe. Petrie has not really pushed the envelope for the Christmas in awhile. Might be because Lebron isn't giving a lot of feedback? The Chalk VI were different even though it didn't really have any elements that tells you it's Christmas.
The diamond theme this year is getting tiring fast. Needs to use the lion/king theme into it as well. All-star is probably more creative because they have a theme set so they could follow that. Let's see if the Elites will look completely different from the current X design or not. It might be the same as last year with a few add-ons/take aways and be done with?
I don't know...I mean I kinda doubt feedback is the issue cuz Lebron is definitely the premier athlete now for Nike bball especially after this past year, so I can't imagine they won't try and pick his brain about what he likes or doesn't. Maybe Lebron and his designers just like to keep things red/green for Xmas, who knows :lol:. I liked the Xmas 8s a lot cuz they were well executed with the red/green colorblocking and the white speckled midsole sorta reminding you of snow, but I've tended to be a bit more excited for the Kobes/KDs for the Xmas colorway the past few years cuz I can expect a fresh concept each year, good or bad.

I agree about the Diamond theme getting kinda tired now. They'll probably have some cool stuff in 2013 though. Lebron's ASG shoes usually deliver pretty well each year (wasn't as big of a fan of the 8s though), so I'm excited to see what they do.

I figured it was still Jason Petrie but I have yet to see ANYTHING in this thread or online about his input on the shoe. It's like Nike still has him in the dog house from that D Rose tweet.
I've wondered about this too. Usually each year there's a long interview with him in one of the online sneaker blogs about each upcoming Lebron sig, and for each sig, Nike usually does a video with the designer talking about the tech and what went into the shoe. This year, haven't seen a damn thing with JP so far, all the promotion materials have just been Lebron on his own from what I've seen :lol:

Last edited:

I've wondered about this too. Usually each year there's a long interview with him in one of the online sneaker blogs about each upcoming Lebron sig, and for each sig, Nike usually does a video with the designer talking about the tech and what went into the shoe. This year, haven't seen a damn thing with JP so far, all the promotion materials have just been Lebron on his own from what I've seen :lol:

Nike has shut Petrie down from the public eye ever since the derrick rose incident.

Nike has shut Petrie down from the public eye ever since the derrick rose incident.
Yeah, I know it's cuz of the Rose/Twitter incident, but I wonder when they're gonna finally "reinstate" him. Maybe with the Elite Xs or XIs? Guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Exactly.....

He would always promote his designs & talk tech. But this year..........zilch, nada, nothing.

Already peeped Chang's & Avar's vids/interviews. But this year, nothing from Petrie.

Damn shame....

Yeah, I know it's cuz of the Rose/Twitter incident, but I wonder when they're gonna finally "reinstate" him. Maybe with the Elite Xs or XIs? Guess we'll see.

please shed some light on the Rose & JP situation

Christmas joints look nice in those pics a few pages back.  Might be the only X other than the Jades that I pay retail for.

Just got a confirmation email from DSG.com for my Jades being shipped. Hopefully I can hold off for a few more weeks before the Christmas/Prisms come out. Them Carbons be calling me though!!!! Perfect work/balling shoe as some mentioned already. Lavas look great, but im cool with my Mangos.

Last edited:
^^^I'm not Memphis, but I would rank them #1 too. The colorblocking is perfect, the red sole makes them pop and the sockliner with the stars is sharp. I think it's one of the best Olympic shoes ever made and I'm not a big red, white, and blue guy when it comes to shoes.

Thanks for the response but wasnt talking to you bro. Don't need you fly in. By the way I don't agree with you. IMO the best olympic themed shoes would have to be and always will be Air Jordan olympic VIIs. Maybe the 4th of July SB dunks maybe. After that I don't really care as far as the red, white and blues go. But thanks for the input I guess...

I AGREE WITH YOU ON THE JORDAN 7'S BEING THE BEST OLYMPIC SHOE EVER RELEASED BUT I REALLY LIKED THE GOLD MEDALS BEFORE THEY WERE EVEN STATED TO BE LIMITED. IN FACT, IT'S STRANGE TO ME THAT A USA COLORWAY WOULD BE LIMITED BUT THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT. IT'S THE SMALL THINGS THAT I LIKE ABOUT THE GOLD MEDALS LIKE THE SOCKLINER AND THE OVERALL SIMPLISTIC LOOK OF THE SHOE. ALSO, A SHOE WITH HITS OF GOLD ON IT WILL ALWAYS GET ME INTERESTED.

my pleasure !

just a hunch but i bet they let it go on the Dunkmans because the 'other' Dunkmans are droppin like mid Jan , and just like you good Sir ima waitin on the Pressures too

Wow bro looks like we got our wish, the Pressures are off restriction now. Last day of the 20% too. They don't got my size though, wondering if I should .5 down/up or wait it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom