Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I love the Jades and Floridians.

People would be fiending for these if they had the limited tag, now people saying easy pass and they are ugly. Hypebeasts :smh:

People would be fiending for these if they had the limited tag, now people saying easy pass and they are ugly. Hypebeasts
mean.gif
I agree. Had the Floridians been released on a week where there wasn't as many releases, they would've done a lot better. In my market, everyone was copping the Penny V's Foams, and mostly the IVs, even though there are still some floating around in my area. 

People would be fiending for these if they had the limited tag, now people saying easy pass and they are ugly. Hypebeasts :smh:

agreed bro. i really like both.

call me crazy but this is my order of the ones that released so far

1. jades
2. fireberrys
3. floridans.

the rest are just ehh

ice blues , usa are just ok in my book. would def cop but at a discount

agreed bro. i really like both.
call me crazy but this is my order of the ones that released so far
1. jades
2. fireberrys
3. floridans.
the rest are just ehh
ice blues , usa are just ok in my book. would def cop but at a discount

I agree 100% with this. I copped the jades and floridians because i loved them. I might have gotten the crown jewels had they been a GR and i could have, but even at $270 i doubt it.

Nothing else made me act on them, i MIGHT get the xmas depending on what they look like in real pics. And if i dont get the XI's

It's sad that Nike is trying to transform the Cork's into an exclusive hypebeast one-pair-per-size Yeezy release, but I can't say I expected anything less from them. The moment we saw Lebron snap a pic in his trendy Sex and the City scarf we should've known. I could care less about getting them, but here's to hoping everyone who wants them are the lucky ones.

USA's have been the best to me so far...(Still don't have them)

I have Jades, like them a bunch. Grabbed dunkmans with a discount, would like to do floridians the same.

Xmas are needed for sure...

This past weekend was the first time I got to see the X in person, ended up grabbing the Floridians over the pressures, and then the next store I walked into had one pair of Jades, a 14, I saw this as fate and decided to grab them too.  Wore the Floridians all day and love them.

It's sad that Nike is trying to transform the Cork's into an exclusive hypebeast one-pair-per-size Yeezy release, but I can't say I expected anything less from them. The moment we saw Lebron snap a pic in his trendy Sex and the City scarf we should've known. I could care less about getting them, but here's to hoping everyone who wants them are the lucky ones.
roll.gif

I bet if the corks weren't limited nobody would care about them. I personally think they're one of the ugliest Xs out so far if not the ugliest

To me I havent bought any Lebron X's this year because of a few reasons.....First I ride for Lebron off top...but aint no way Im paying more for his shoes than I pay for Jordans... but thats just me, Second it really hasnt been ANY colorways that stuck out to me to even be tight in my opinion....all the colorways look recycled.... Third....the overall look of the shoe just wasnt put together right to me....but hey these are ALL my opinions...to each its own...

Nike is relying too much on the hype and marketing to make people like the shoe. The shoe should make people like the shoe (read: good colors). You shouldn't have to put Lebron in a hypebeast-type outfit along with the shoes to generate interest, the shoes should be doing it themselves.

Last edited:
I have been trying to locate those shorts. Im on the west coast  and can not find them. Do u know what they are called and what store did u get them at thanks 

People need to seperate limited release from a hot release.... any lebron with a limited tag will eventually sellout fast..
M sorry but if people were really feeling the brons they would ve sold well no matter what. (Not sayin they arent selling)
Y do people care if a shoe sits or not.... had the jades sell out people would complain now that u have a chance to take
Ur time bfre copping.... sme still aint happy.... smh....
On another note tbe store in spain supposed to release the corks just posted that the release is postponed til mid january
Go figure... contest still on though...

anybody getting the lavas? I haven't really seen that many pictures of them. Are they more light or dark grey?

To me I havent bought any Lebron X's this year because of a few reasons.....First I ride for Lebron off top...but aint no way Im paying more for his shoes than I pay for Jordans... but thats just me, Second it really hasnt been ANY colorways that stuck out to me to even be tight in my opinion....all the colorways look recycled.... Third....the overall look of the shoe just wasnt put together right to me....but hey these are ALL my opinions...to each its own...

Gotta disagree for one reason. I'd rather pay $180 for a solid shoe than $160 for a takedown shoe with crap quality (retros).

XMAS are the only ones I've really been into...I will need to see them in person, though. Every pair I've seen in person (Jades, Floridians, PRessures, Blue Diamonds) looks incredibly cheap and glossy. I don't doubt they're gret to ball in, but I'm not bout to drop $200 til I think it's near perfect.

In general, I'd much rather spend a bit more on some Lebrons than retro Js at this point, but then again, I've been collecting for a long enough time that I pretty much have all or most of the Jordans I'd really ever want. With Lebrons, you generally get a better quality shoe (though I think recent retro Jordans have gotten a little better) with newer/better/more comfortable tech, and the price hikes have made Jordans practically just as expensive. I'm just not as excited about Jordans anymore unless it's a rerelease of a sentimental favorite, so I definitely look more at Nike bball now cuz it's always brand new and not just the same thing again or a garbage new color.

anybody getting the lavas? I haven't really seen that many pictures of them. Are they more light or dark grey?
i plan on getting them....some descriptions on the shoes say they are silver, some say they are light, others say they are dark, and then some say they are the mango version of the Lebron 9's

GS sizes go to a 7 right?

My sister really liked the Wind Chill's and this is the first christmas I'll have a job(17) so I think I'm gonna get them for her.

What's the GS price?

Spoken for truth.

If a shoe is deemed UGLY.....All you got to do is put a limited tag on it & watch these sneakerheads do 180 degree spins on them. Look at what's happening in the KD5 thread with the XMas aka Cosby Sweater joints. The concensus was those things were hot garbage. Same shoe after slapping a limited/video game tag to it?

.....Insta cop. Insta-cop. Insta-cop. :rofl:

Hell.....Look at the Floridian Low 9s. The word was they were ugly too. Make them the ONLY limited 9 Low to release? I had to go thru dealing with HOHs & a bunch of youngins & resellers to snag a pair.

Screw that. Y'all complain. I Luv being able to just mosey on in & get what I want. :D

In general, I'd much rather spend a bit more on some Lebrons than retro Js at this point, but then again, I've been collecting for a long enough time that I pretty much have all or most of the Jordans I'd really ever want. With Lebrons, you generally get a better quality shoe (though I think recent retro Jordans have gotten a little better) with newer/better/more comfortable tech, and the price hikes have made Jordans practically just as expensive. I'm just not as excited about Jordans anymore unless it's a rerelease of a sentimental favorite, so I definitely look more at Nike bball now cuz it's always brand new and not just the same thing again or a garbage new color.

Good point on them Jays.

I own just about every Jay I've wanted. Missing only White/Blk & Red 13s & 17s whenever they retro. Damn shame I wore a whole size smaller when they originally released or I wouldn't even need them.

Don't need Blk/Red 4s or Playoff 11s.....got them already. So I'll let these kid's eat. It's their time to enjoy them Jays. Been there, done that. I need something new. And since everybody is doing Jays & Foams.....picking up a Lebron is easy right now. And I'd like for it to stay that way. LET THEM JADES, PRESSURES, DUNKMANS, FLORIDIANS SIT RIGHT ON THEM SHELVES NIKE....LIKE THE GOOD OL' DAYS OF SNEAKER BUYING. Buy what you want!!!

Nike is relying too much on the hype and marketing to make people like the shoe. The shoe should make people like the shoe (read: good colors). You shouldn't have to put Lebron in a hypebeast-type outfit along with the shoes to generate interest, the shoes should be doing it themselves.

Can you fault Nike for targeting today's sneaker buyer though? I've been following the line up until the IX and every single one of them was 'distinct'. IMHO, this shoe is neither 'evolutionary' or 'revolutionary' in design and this is in part because they want a sneaker that's easy to manufacture and toss onto Nike iD.

I also agree with you on the colourways - they are flooding the market with far too many subpar colourways. This shoe is Nike's flagship - don't ***** it out like some low quality, plastic leather AF1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom