Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a lot of shoes...

But after wearing the Jades several times and Floridians roughly

a half a dozen times since Black Friday... no other shoes in my fleet

have garnered the kind of inquiries/comments as the X's.

The backlash is fathomed... but irregardless, the shoe is interesting and can't

be appreciated until you own them (trust, i was weary at first as well, but i love

bulky and ostentatious sneakers as i'm an oversized and glamorous divo myself,

shoes just simply reflect my personality/character). 

And McRuth the troof be told... they feel lightyears better than the 8's and 9's. 

Now i'm on to tens... just like women (okay, more like a pair of nickels... cuz

Subway isn't the only time i get sandwich. Manwich. Umph). 

*snaps fingers in z-formation and vogues out of thread*

"WORK!!!"

carbons look good in those new nike basketball pics. the dark black looks a lot better than the shiny grey in the older pics.

Today i was lacing up my pressures for bball and the ace tip came right off. Now the laces, since they are woven, are falling apart. I called Nike and they said there is nothing they can do since they say I've worn the shoe. What can i do to fix it? Or where can i buy the laces because i know the laces are special made.

Damn man same thing happened to me when I was redoing the laces on mine. Pulled the lace out of the hole and off popped the lace tip. I was able to roll the lace along its axis to get it as thin as possible and jam the lace tip most of the way back in. Maybe if you cut a bit off the part thats coming unraveled and then try to squeeze the tip back on there. I too tried to contact Nike but they said they didn't have any extra laces. I'm going to try to get a hold of my nearest Nike Store and see if they can swap the lace for me. For a 200 dollar pair of shoes that should never happen. And who cares if one wore the damn shoes, clearly the laces were defective.

Finally saw the X's in person and got to try them on. I was really impressed by them but still wasn't able to drop 180+. The floridians looked very good in person, much better then pictures. They'll probably be my first pair unless the pressure's go on sale soon. On the other hand I still find the jades ugly after seeing them.

Women's corks...
pimp.gif

JJ might like these...

MN 9s sat for months, that shoe was a super GR. Not sure when the hype hit on those but they definitely sat for over a month in numerous places. Cannons for most popular sizes sold out within a week, a few or odd sizes sat for 2-3 weeks or returned pairs. Chinas imo were an instant sell out because it was limited.
As for the 10s, still waiting for better colorways. Besides the Gold Medals, haven't really been impressed, Crown Jewels are decent but not for the price it demands. Maybe this model will pickup when the all-star game comes around. Personally I want more nike+ colorways just without the sports pack kit
I think we need to define what a GR is once and for all.

To me, it's a shoe/colorway that's produced in large quantities and available in a lot of places. Miami Nights were only in Niketowns, HOHs, Champs, and maybe some mom and pops. In comparison to others like Freegums, which were available at any retailer that sold Lebrons.

anyone with experience with painting midsole/coloring, would it be atrocious to try and orange out the pink and orange speckles on the Floridians? Is this possible simply with a thicker sharpie type pen or not really?

FLORIDIANS LOOK GREAT WITH CAMO... THE CHECK IS ACTUALLY A GLITTERY SILVER-DOPE...AND THE MATTE FINISH IS FIRE... AGAIN... WISH IT DDNT HAVE PINK AND ORANGE... UBER FAIL

no pink and orange translates into them not being Floridians

footlocker release dates just came out for New Zealand we will be getting the Corks 31st of December retail 340NZD

I think we need to define what a GR is once and for all.
To me, it's a shoe/colorway that's produced in large quantities and available in a lot of places. Miami Nights were only in Niketowns, HOHs, Champs, and maybe some mom and pops. In comparison to others like Freegums, which were available at any retailer that sold Lebrons.
I say a GR would be considered a shoe that comes in all size categories. Adults, Grade School, Pre School, and Toddlers. After that I would say Limited release would be only Adult sizes.

Just because all stores in your mall gets the same shoe but is only released in mens size does not mean that their quantity count is higher compared to a GR (Ex Cool Greys Vs Miami Nights).

Of course this is generally speaking and there are some exceptions.

Last edited:
footlocker release dates just came out for New Zealand we will be getting the Corks 31st of December retail 340NZD

good info. crazy how that spot in spain is getting them this weekend.

Hope to have more pics by the end of the weekend if this is true.

Damn man same thing happened to me when I was redoing the laces on mine. Pulled the lace out of the hole and off popped the lace tip. I was able to roll the lace along its axis to get it as thin as possible and jam the lace tip most of the way back in. Maybe if you cut a bit off the part thats coming unraveled and then try to squeeze the tip back on there. I too tried to contact Nike but they said they didn't have any extra laces. I'm going to try to get a hold of my nearest Nike Store and see if they can swap the lace for me. For a 200 dollar pair of shoes that should never happen. And who cares if one wore the damn shoes, clearly the laces were defective.
Exactly. But i had to wear them in basketball so they came even more undone. I cant fix it. Im Probably just gunna buy some laces and swap em in. Do you know how long the laces are?

Damn, I remember how bad I wanted the Jades in the other thread. Went in the mall this past weekend and saw them on the shelf, 4 in a row, pure garbage. These 10's are a fail so far. 

Them Pressures look like something they would sell in the beauty supply store. Durants ain't lookin too hot either. Nike fail, fail, fail. 

PS this post is for the Nike employee's lurking not Nike/Lebrons shoe line fanatics that defend everything they put out. 

Damn, I remember how bad I wanted the Jades in the other thread. Went in the mall this past weekend and saw them on the shelf, 4 in a row, pure garbage. These 10's are a fail so far. 

Them Pressures look like something they would sell in the beauty supply store. Durants ain't lookin too hot either. Nike fail, fail, fail. 

PS this post is for the Nike employee's lurking not Nike/Lebrons shoe line fanatics that defend everything they put out. 
[COLOR=#red]i agree[/COLOR]

Lmao @ people holding up info ......the store carrying the cork this saturday is sivasdescalzo....
Its going to be a raffle so it is what it is....
But guys hw easy is it to google lebron cork x spain...... smh.... no wonder people dont want to help smetimes.....u ve got to do your homework ..... u always on da net for God sake!!!!!

Lmao @ people holding up info ......the store carrying the cork this saturday is sivasdescalzo....
Its going to be a raffle so it is what it is....
But guys hw easy is it to google lebron cork x spain...... smh.... no wonder people dont want to help smetimes.....u ve got to do your homework ..... u always on da net for God sake!!!!!

Too bad I put in the work before u posted this. Other lazy people should do the same. Not crazy about putting info out when lurkers and hypebeasts are at an all-time high on this site.

While I don't ball in my shoes (not my expensive shoes), I have noticed a lot of flex when shifting my weight. I can see the TPU plate being carbon fiber for the elites, hopefully on both sides as that is the shoes weak point to me. Shoe is mad comfortable though, better then the Lebron 9/ Elite, hyperposites, and foams. 

got the Floridians yesterday

I love them, a lot of people have called them ugly, but IDC...I think they look great, love how the colors pop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom