[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

We need a defensive coach, period. One that will not wait till the playoffs to smack gasol around. That's if he's still here hehe.

We need a defensive coach, period. One that will not wait till the playoffs to smack gasol around. That's if he's still here hehe.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

30t6p3b.gif
 @ the excuses of why the Lakers lost to the Mavs.
--Internal locker room strife? Please
--Being worn down from 3 straight Finals appearances? Maybe, but you're an athlete. Thats what you do. Winning is winning.

--They got their +##!* handed to them. Plain and simple. They couldnt close games 1 and 3.

--Bron about to get that hardware.
pimp.gif
Chicago Bulls - Miami Heat 103:82
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
--Being worn down from 3 straight Finals appearances? Maybe, but you're an athlete. Thats what you do. Winning is winning.

--They got their +##!* handed to them. Plain and simple. They couldnt close games 1 and 3.

pimp.gif
Chicago Bulls - Miami Heat 103:82
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nermindee

yeah 3 out of the 4 teams left are athletic defensive teams

lakers will suck at defending the pick n roll for as long as we have odom, gasol, and bynum
all of them are atrocious with it

we either need a better scheme to hide thier pathetic defense or a defensive PG that somewhat lessens the damage

defensive rotations that are in time are impossible with gasol and bynum

Originally Posted by Nermindee

lakers will suck at defending the pick n roll for as long as we have odom, gasol, and bynum

we either need a better scheme to hide thier pathetic defense or a defensive PG that somewhat lessens the damage

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Why you want Sloan as coach so bad, what has he done recently(or ever) to make you think he the Guy for the job
replace a hall of famer with another one.

he's hungry to win a title. this will be the deepest team he'd be coaching. a guy everyone in the organization would respect, no doubt. finally, hes a defensive minded coach, something that we lacked this season. 

a motivated with a lot of rest and jerry sloan? imagine that!
pimp.gif

Why you want Sloan as coach so bad, what has he done recently(or ever) to make you think he the Guy for the job

he's hungry to win a title. this will be the deepest team he'd be coaching. a guy everyone in the organization would respect, no doubt. finally, hes a defensive minded coach, something that we lacked this season. 

pimp.gif

knightngale wrote:
Nermindee wrote:

I have to stick up for all three of our bigs, they are just as athletic and knowledgeable at how to play screen rool as the bigs, who are playing for the Bulls. I felt like Odom, Gasol and Bynum had the foot speed to seal off the point guard and deny him the open shot or the ability to turn the corner easily. That is only the primary step, your bigs stepping out to get the ball handlers. You need to at least make the secondary rotation (sending help to the front of the rim to deny the easy catch and finish), then the tertiary rotation (covering the set shooters on the wing or in the corner) and finally you rotate back in your quaternary rotation to cover any one who is open from the FT line out to the front of the three point line.

The Laker players were not even making the secondary rotation so I felt like our bigs did the rational thing, they stayed back and tried to guard the paint and thought that the Mavs' shooting would cool off somewhat. I would rather give up jump shots than step out on the pick and give up layups and that what happened whn the bigs left the paint. 

I agree that we need more foot speed at the point. Derek Fisher knows the game but you need some foot speed to guard other points, especially in a league where so many teams' offenses are built around aggressive, quick and talented point guards, who use pick and roll on almost every possession.

knightngale wrote:
Nermindee wrote:

I have to stick up for all three of our bigs, they are just as athletic and knowledgeable at how to play screen rool as the bigs, who are playing for the Bulls. I felt like Odom, Gasol and Bynum had the foot speed to seal off the point guard and deny him the open shot or the ability to turn the corner easily. That is only the primary step, your bigs stepping out to get the ball handlers. You need to at least make the secondary rotation (sending help to the front of the rim to deny the easy catch and finish), then the tertiary rotation (covering the set shooters on the wing or in the corner) and finally you rotate back in your quaternary rotation to cover any one who is open from the FT line out to the front of the three point line.

The Laker players were not even making the secondary rotation so I felt like our bigs did the rational thing, they stayed back and tried to guard the paint and thought that the Mavs' shooting would cool off somewhat. I would rather give up jump shots than step out on the pick and give up layups and that what happened whn the bigs left the paint. 

I agree that we need more foot speed at the point. Derek Fisher knows the game but you need some foot speed to guard other points, especially in a league where so many teams' offenses are built around aggressive, quick and talented point guards, who use pick and roll on almost every possession.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

pimp.gif

Just sounds
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

pimp.gif

Just sounds
pimp.gif

knightngale wrote:
Nermindee wrote:

knightngale wrote:
Nermindee wrote:

Originally Posted by zube42

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
It's getting real old now.

--Whats getting old? IN line 1 I was just showing my feelings about the whole rumor about Pau's girl.
--In line 2 I was just saying a team like this just sayin a rumor like that, which isnt true anyways wouldnt derail the team.
--In line 3 I was just elaborating on how maybe why they lost. They were tired or whatever.
--IN line 4 I was analyzing the Dallas series in a nutshell.
--IN line 5 about Bron, well just cuz I dont like The King doesnt mean I dont respect him. When he wins he will deserve it.

--No gloom and doom psychology stuff here. Just stating my opinions. Why the flaming?

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

--Whats getting old? IN line 1 I was just showing my feelings about the whole rumor about Pau's girl.
--In line 2 I was just saying a team like this just sayin a rumor like that, which isnt true anyways wouldnt derail the team.
--In line 3 I was just elaborating on how maybe why they lost. They were tired or whatever.
--IN line 5 about Bron, well just cuz I dont like The King doesnt mean I dont respect him. When he wins he will deserve it.

--No gloom and doom psychology stuff here. Just stating my opinions. Why the flaming?

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

Agree with most of what you said until the last statement. LeBron will NEVER deserve to win a ring! Not until he gets out of Miami.

Sorry to break it to y'all, and I really don't care otherwise what people really have to say. Ever since he pulled that stunt, "The Decision" he's proved that he doesn't believe in himself and needs to join other superstars to not just win 1, not 5, not 6, not 7....

He doesn't deserve it. Besides, my boy DRose is taking the 'Chip!
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

Agree with most of what you said until the last statement. LeBron will NEVER deserve to win a ring! Not until he gets out of Miami.

Sorry to break it to y'all, and I really don't care otherwise what people really have to say. Ever since he pulled that stunt, "The Decision" he's proved that he doesn't believe in himself and needs to join other superstars to not just win 1, not 5, not 6, not 7....

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

pimp.gif
lebron stans have this inability to comprehend such things... the truth frustrates the hell out of them... even if he does win a ring, its because he decided to ride on wades cape.
happy.gif

on another note, I cant believe how much we owe luke walton
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom