[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Some franchises are held in higher regard, the Lakers are one of those with their proud history. Unfortunate the mistake the kid made but he will grow from it

Some franchises are held in higher regard, the Lakers are one of those with their proud history. Unfortunate the mistake the kid made but he will grow from it

--Adelman wouldnt be bad. He's good at exploiting matchups.
--Jvg wouldnt be bad either. Like what was said, hes a good defensive minded coach.

--Plus jvg would sweep the leg/go for the leg during an altercation

--Adelman wouldnt be bad. He's good at exploiting matchups.
--Jvg wouldnt be bad either. Like what was said, hes a good defensive minded coach.

we definitely need a coach that will hold the guys accountable when they're slacking. yes even kobe.

and yea bynum suspended for 5 games. fined 25k. and with the suspension, he'll lose 700k. damn.

we definitely need a coach that will hold the guys accountable when they're slacking. yes even kobe.

and yea bynum suspended for 5 games. fined 25k. and with the suspension, he'll lose 700k. damn.

Man I wanted Shaw to get this job but if the lakers could not perform for Phil Jackson he's not going to get the job.

I'd rather see the Lakers keep Odom and move Bynum or Gasol

Man I wanted Shaw to get this job but if the lakers could not perform for Phil Jackson he's not going to get the job.

I'd rather see the Lakers keep Odom and move Bynum or Gasol

It served as an easy way to break the ice and to cut to the chase.

"You know this is all your fault, right," a reporter joked to Lakers forward Pau Gasol the minute he sat down for his exit interview.

That joke of course was referring to Gasol's postseason play during which he averaged 13.1 points on 42.9% shooting, played passively and allowed both on- and off-court adversities to rattle his mental focus. Gasol didn't shy away from the characterization, even the one that suggested he was a huge factor in why the Lakers suffered a four-game sweep in the Western Conference semifinals to the Dallas Mavericks.

"The thing that makes me the angriest is me not playing at my best and not helping my team accomplish its goals," said Gasol, who described the 2010-2011 season as very emotional. "I’m not happy, I’m disappointed that I wasn’t able to perform at my usual high level, but obviously I’m not playing alone. It’s time to analyze, to sit back and see what actually happened out there, not just through this last stretch but throughout the year. I think we have to really look deep into how we started, the ups and downs, the meaning of them and what we could have done better individually and as a team to be able to get stronger at certain times when we needed to. It’s unfortunate the way we ended it up; anything short of winning the championship would have been very tough.

It served as an easy way to break the ice and to cut to the chase.

"You know this is all your fault, right," a reporter joked to Lakers forward Pau Gasol the minute he sat down for his exit interview.

That joke of course was referring to Gasol's postseason play during which he averaged 13.1 points on 42.9% shooting, played passively and allowed both on- and off-court adversities to rattle his mental focus. Gasol didn't shy away from the characterization, even the one that suggested he was a huge factor in why the Lakers suffered a four-game sweep in the Western Conference semifinals to the Dallas Mavericks.

"The thing that makes me the angriest is me not playing at my best and not helping my team accomplish its goals," said Gasol, who described the 2010-2011 season as very emotional. "I’m not happy, I’m disappointed that I wasn’t able to perform at my usual high level, but obviously I’m not playing alone. It’s time to analyze, to sit back and see what actually happened out there, not just through this last stretch but throughout the year. I think we have to really look deep into how we started, the ups and downs, the meaning of them and what we could have done better individually and as a team to be able to get stronger at certain times when we needed to. It’s unfortunate the way we ended it up; anything short of winning the championship would have been very tough.

I think its a good idea for Pau to play this summer.
Is Kobe participating in the FIBA world championships?

I think its a good idea for Pau to play this summer.
Is Kobe participating in the FIBA world championships?

--Hell naw. Pau and Kobe should rest.
--These guys are not that old and can still make a run for 1 or 2 more.

--Hell naw. Pau and Kobe should rest.
--These guys are not that old and can still make a run for 1 or 2 more.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

roll.gif

Pau looked extremely soft even during the interview. He looks like the type of person that if yelled at will just put their head down and not fight back. 

Pau looked extremely soft even during the interview. He looks like the type of person that if yelled at will just put their head down and not fight back. 

As a Warrior fan, I would do the Curry for Pau or Bynum deal (especially for Pau). I think both teams win and address big needs: Lakers get a good PG (with tons of potential), and Warriors finally get a real big man down low. Of course, I have reservations about sending him to LA where he could torch us for years. But given that Warriors' management really wants to add another all-star (and they explicitly stated so), I feel like Gasol would be a big time target for them if he were available.

As a Warrior fan, I would do the Curry for Pau or Bynum deal (especially for Pau). I think both teams win and address big needs: Lakers get a good PG (with tons of potential), and Warriors finally get a real big man down low. Of course, I have reservations about sending him to LA where he could torch us for years. But given that Warriors' management really wants to add another all-star (and they explicitly stated so), I feel like Gasol would be a big time target for them if he were available.

Back
Top Bottom