[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

As much as you guys are saying bynum+scrubs for Howard, I don't see it happening. Bynum is one jump away from being out for a season. His contract is up there too, so its a big risk in my eyes, 15 mil is a nice chunk. Odumb, he has a hefty contract too. If they couldn't do it with Howard, I don't see them doing much more with fragile Bynum. If I'm Orlando, I say go for it all into try to resigning him. If he walks, he walks. There's no need for them to take on more horrendous contracts, they already do with Arenas and Turk
I don't know how many more times this has to be said, but IF the Magic make this deal, they would only be locked in to Drew and LO's contracts for the next season, both have team options for the following year, so if they don't pan out, no harm no foul, they just cut ties and have $27 million in cap room.

Just DO IT OTIS!
If Howard leaves, I think it's time for them to just rebuild. Whats the point of having Lamar Kardashian and Bynum for 1 year, taking up $27 mil of the cap? Have you not seen the contracts they already have?
laugh.gif

If they couldnt do it with Howard, Bynum isnt going to change much. Just throw in the towel and rebuild.
eyes.gif

I wouldnt see Odom nor Bynum motivated at all and would just play like bums.   

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

As much as you guys are saying bynum+scrubs for Howard, I don't see it happening. Bynum is one jump away from being out for a season. His contract is up there too, so its a big risk in my eyes, 15 mil is a nice chunk. Odumb, he has a hefty contract too. If they couldn't do it with Howard, I don't see them doing much more with fragile Bynum. If I'm Orlando, I say go for it all into try to resigning him. If he walks, he walks. There's no need for them to take on more horrendous contracts, they already do with Arenas and Turk
I don't know how many more times this has to be said, but IF the Magic make this deal, they would only be locked in to Drew and LO's contracts for the next season, both have team options for the following year, so if they don't pan out, no harm no foul, they just cut ties and have $27 million in cap room.

Just DO IT OTIS!
If Howard leaves, I think it's time for them to just rebuild. Whats the point of having Lamar Kardashian and Bynum for 1 year, taking up $27 mil of the cap? Have you not seen the contracts they already have?
laugh.gif

If they couldnt do it with Howard, Bynum isnt going to change much. Just throw in the towel and rebuild.
eyes.gif

I wouldnt see Odom nor Bynum motivated at all and would just play like bums.   

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Bring Ariza back. 
He had a very mediocre regular season at best.
But man, the way he was ballin against is in the first round made up for it. Absolutely killin out there. 
sick.gif

Dude was playin lights out. Lots of heart. I miss the kid, would definitely love to have him back. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Bring Ariza back. 
He had a very mediocre regular season at best.
But man, the way he was ballin against is in the first round made up for it. Absolutely killin out there. 
sick.gif

Dude was playin lights out. Lots of heart. I miss the kid, would definitely love to have him back. 
frown.gif

Wonder when they're going to start looking for the new head coach. Final players and coaches interview tomorrow, it's going to be different not seeing Phil in that high chair next season.
tired.gif

Wonder when they're going to start looking for the new head coach. Final players and coaches interview tomorrow, it's going to be different not seeing Phil in that high chair next season.
tired.gif

Simmons said Lowry, 2Pat and Bud for Bynum but that sorta kills you guys size and hurts us depth with, along with it not working money wise.

I don't know how i'd feel about that deal.

Simmons said Lowry, 2Pat and Bud for Bynum but that sorta kills you guys size and hurts us depth with, along with it not working money wise.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by acidicality

As a Warrior fan, I would do the Curry for Pau or Bynum deal (especially for Pau). I think both teams win and address big needs: Lakers get a good PG (with tons of potential), and Warriors finally get a real big man down low. Of course, I have reservations about sending him to LA where he could torch us for years. But given that Warriors' management really wants to add another all-star (and they explicitly stated so), I feel like Gasol would be a big time target for them if he were available.
nope. Now Lamar maybe.
Trading old legs for new legs. I doubt the Warriors management would do anything like that. Curry still hasn't even peaked yet. Same division? I doubt it

If the Warriors are willing to take Luke Walton, I'll be all for it..
laugh.gif

Actually....any team that can trade us a bag of chips for Luke Walton, I'll take it.  He can offer amazing in between the leg passes and brings great IQ to any team.
smokin.gif

I have a feeling that Lakers are going to go with Shaw as head coach for a couple of seasons.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by acidicality

As a Warrior fan, I would do the Curry for Pau or Bynum deal (especially for Pau). I think both teams win and address big needs: Lakers get a good PG (with tons of potential), and Warriors finally get a real big man down low. Of course, I have reservations about sending him to LA where he could torch us for years. But given that Warriors' management really wants to add another all-star (and they explicitly stated so), I feel like Gasol would be a big time target for them if he were available.
nope. Now Lamar maybe.
Trading old legs for new legs. I doubt the Warriors management would do anything like that. Curry still hasn't even peaked yet. Same division? I doubt it

If the Warriors are willing to take Luke Walton, I'll be all for it..
laugh.gif

Actually....any team that can trade us a bag of chips for Luke Walton, I'll take it.  He can offer amazing in between the leg passes and brings great IQ to any team.
smokin.gif

I have a feeling that Lakers are going to go with Shaw as head coach for a couple of seasons.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Wonder when they're going to start looking for the new head coach. 

local sacramento news tonight just reported that rick adelman is in line to be the next laker coach. they said they got it via espn... dont know how true that is. i wouldnt trust the sacramento news
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Wonder when they're going to start looking for the new head coach. 

local sacramento news tonight just reported that rick adelman is in line to be the next laker coach. they said they got it via espn... dont know how true that is. i wouldnt trust the sacramento news
laugh.gif

^If it was fox40 or KCRA3 don't listen to anything that comes outta their mouthes

^If it was fox40 or KCRA3 don't listen to anything that comes outta their mouthes

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I can't hold it in anymore: that Bynum rib check is being WAY overhyped.

Even when it happened, I was like 'Enh.'

But Barea acting like he broke a rib, milking it on the floor, and the announcer acting like he just witnessed a live beheading, right away, those two things got people acting like it really was the worst foul ever committed, on some 80s throat chop vibe or something.
It's not drew's fault that he's small (pause?) which made it look worse.
Can't disagree with you guys more. He wasn't even pretending to go for the ball, he could've seriously hurt him, he did it in a blowout out of anger, and he has a track record of this sorta stuff. 5 games is light. You can say he's small but this is what happened when he did it to someone bigger, Beas also had a lingering hip injury cause of it for awhile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7RiLERJ-Y

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I can't hold it in anymore: that Bynum rib check is being WAY overhyped.

Even when it happened, I was like 'Enh.'

But Barea acting like he broke a rib, milking it on the floor, and the announcer acting like he just witnessed a live beheading, right away, those two things got people acting like it really was the worst foul ever committed, on some 80s throat chop vibe or something.
It's not drew's fault that he's small (pause?) which made it look worse.
Can't disagree with you guys more. He wasn't even pretending to go for the ball, he could've seriously hurt him, he did it in a blowout out of anger, and he has a track record of this sorta stuff. 5 games is light. You can say he's small but this is what happened when he did it to someone bigger, Beas also had a lingering hip injury cause of it for awhile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7RiLERJ-Y

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

it was kcra 3
laugh.gif
that one %%$%+ on there had on a tight purple dress for the kings rally today. she was lookin real %#+! able with her old @$@
nerd.gif

they showed the maloofs over there at the rally. them dudes got balls showing up
laugh.gif
now they are pro staying in sacramento for the time being. what clowns

im a laker and warriors fan. i would love to have bynum on the warriors. dude would probably average 25 and 12 for a seaspn but there is NOBODY on the warriors i would like to have on the lakers. maybe david lee but thats not enough... udoh i wouldnt mind either... steph is a good shooter but sucks balls on defense...

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

it was kcra 3
laugh.gif
that one %%$%+ on there had on a tight purple dress for the kings rally today. she was lookin real %#+! able with her old @$@
nerd.gif

they showed the maloofs over there at the rally. them dudes got balls showing up
laugh.gif
now they are pro staying in sacramento for the time being. what clowns

im a laker and warriors fan. i would love to have bynum on the warriors. dude would probably average 25 and 12 for a seaspn but there is NOBODY on the warriors i would like to have on the lakers. maybe david lee but thats not enough... udoh i wouldnt mind either... steph is a good shooter but sucks balls on defense...

If we could get S.Curry it would be brilliant.
But Gasol is NOT going to be traded!
We need a PG and a 3-Point Shooting Threat. 
These will be free agents (unrestricted) next season:
James Jones - SF (age 31)
Reggie Williams - SG (age 28)
Peja Stojakovic - SF (age 34)
Vladimir Radmanovic - PF (age 31)
Mike Dunleavy - SF (age 31)
Shawne Williams - SF (age 25)
Jason Richardson - SG (age 30)
J.R. Smith - SG (age 26)
Shane Battier - SF (age 33)
Anthony Parker - SG (age 36)
JR Smith - SG (age 26)
pimp.gif

and of course Sasha Vujacic  aka "The Machine"- SG (age 27)

This is not necessarily the full complete list.

Who would you like to see Lakers go after?

If we could get S.Curry it would be brilliant.
But Gasol is NOT going to be traded!
We need a PG and a 3-Point Shooting Threat. 
These will be free agents (unrestricted) next season:
James Jones - SF (age 31)
Reggie Williams - SG (age 28)
Peja Stojakovic - SF (age 34)
Vladimir Radmanovic - PF (age 31)
Mike Dunleavy - SF (age 31)
Shawne Williams - SF (age 25)
Jason Richardson - SG (age 30)
J.R. Smith - SG (age 26)
Shane Battier - SF (age 33)
Anthony Parker - SG (age 36)
JR Smith - SG (age 26)
pimp.gif

and of course Sasha Vujacic  aka "The Machine"- SG (age 27)

This is not necessarily the full complete list.

Who would you like to see Lakers go after?

koc-1-22-2011-3.jpg

Nick Young has similar qualities to J.R. Smith (25 years old, 6'6, athletic, shooting range). He's a restricted free agent, so the Wizards can match any offer. However, they got Jordan Crawford who looks good to go. I worry about him putting up stats on a bad team, he's not very smart and he's only been to the playoffs once (not his fault), so I have no idea how he would perform on the big stage.
Originally Posted by Statis22

I told you like two years ago, Lowry was a young Derek Fisher. Lowry, Scola and Williams.
nerd.gif

koc-1-22-2011-3.jpg

Nick Young has similar qualities to J.R. Smith (25 years old, 6'6, athletic, shooting range). He's a restricted free agent, so the Wizards can match any offer. However, they got Jordan Crawford who looks good to go. I worry about him putting up stats on a bad team, he's not very smart and he's only been to the playoffs once (not his fault), so I have no idea how he would perform on the big stage.

I told you like two years ago, Lowry was a young Derek Fisher. Lowry, Scola and Williams.
nerd.gif

roll.gif
But I was hoping for a deal with houston that sent either Scola or hayes our way

Back
Top Bottom