[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

lets get battier and crying %+% barbosa on board..
laugh.gif
PLEASE keep kobe away from any decisions in which players to try and sign or trade.. you saw his great work in brown, blake, and barnes...

smh i know this is the offseason thread but i cannot stop thinking that if dumb %+% mitch would have just threw a better offer at peja, dallas would have not been where they are now. peja's inconsistent shooting>barnes, blake, brown. peja is actually a shooter unlike the crappy b's.... you would have taken another shooter away from dallas andin the process given your team an actual shooter to knock down open looks.... thats why mitch fails. he dont got that killer instinct to cripple the competition. same goes for bibby and murphy...

lets get battier and crying %+% barbosa on board..
laugh.gif
PLEASE keep kobe away from any decisions in which players to try and sign or trade.. you saw his great work in brown, blake, and barnes...

smh i know this is the offseason thread but i cannot stop thinking that if dumb %+% mitch would have just threw a better offer at peja, dallas would have not been where they are now. peja's inconsistent shooting>barnes, blake, brown. peja is actually a shooter unlike the crappy b's.... you would have taken another shooter away from dallas andin the process given your team an actual shooter to knock down open looks.... thats why mitch fails. he dont got that killer instinct to cripple the competition. same goes for bibby and murphy...

Can't believe we got the broom. Hate to see Phil go out like that. If the Heat don't win this year I wouldn't be surprised to see Phil coaching them next year. I'm not sold on Shaw coaching the Lakers next year. The Lakers should weigh all of their options before making him the coach. Thanks Fish for all that you've done but it's time to move on. Artest, Brown, Blake, and Barnes can all go.
30t6p3b.gif
at Gasol. After this I would look to trade him. If there are some personal issues between he and Kobe, it won't work. They might resolve the issue but it still may linger on. Not sold on D. Howard being the savior so no trade for Bynum IMO. If anything I would trade Gasol. Trade Bynum and you have no backup for Howard. As a matter of fact, just forget bringing D. Howard to the Lakers. I think Bynum is going to pretty good. If we can manage to have both would be cool though.

Can't believe we got the broom. Hate to see Phil go out like that. If the Heat don't win this year I wouldn't be surprised to see Phil coaching them next year. I'm not sold on Shaw coaching the Lakers next year. The Lakers should weigh all of their options before making him the coach. Thanks Fish for all that you've done but it's time to move on. Artest, Brown, Blake, and Barnes can all go.
30t6p3b.gif
at Gasol. After this I would look to trade him. If there are some personal issues between he and Kobe, it won't work. They might resolve the issue but it still may linger on. Not sold on D. Howard being the savior so no trade for Bynum IMO. If anything I would trade Gasol. Trade Bynum and you have no backup for Howard. As a matter of fact, just forget bringing D. Howard to the Lakers. I think Bynum is going to pretty good. If we can manage to have both would be cool though.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

we need either jeff van gundy or jerry sloan. i do NOT want brian shaw as coach...

blake, brown, and barnes all need to go. anyone with a consistent jumper and range needs to be picked up. i dont care if you have to get reggie miller out of retirement, we need spot shooters.

i dont want to break the core up but if gasol is acting like a +%%%# you must move him. that cant be repaired. this dude gasol is a +!%$$$% loser, playing like +!!@ and not talking to kobe because of some +%%%#... bros over %*%# man smh

also i might be looking into this too much because alot of players have taken their jerseysoff when the game ends or after being ejected but anyone else get the feeling that bynum just wanted to get ejected and tore that jersey off quick because he knows hes gonna get traded? dude was the only one trying on the defensive end and probably just got sick of noone helping him...

Was thinking about this and Jerry Sloan would be perfect for us!
Agree whit i do NOT want Brian Shaw as coach...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

we need either jeff van gundy or jerry sloan. i do NOT want brian shaw as coach...

blake, brown, and barnes all need to go. anyone with a consistent jumper and range needs to be picked up. i dont care if you have to get reggie miller out of retirement, we need spot shooters.

i dont want to break the core up but if gasol is acting like a +%%%# you must move him. that cant be repaired. this dude gasol is a +!%$$$% loser, playing like +!!@ and not talking to kobe because of some +%%%#... bros over %*%# man smh

also i might be looking into this too much because alot of players have taken their jerseysoff when the game ends or after being ejected but anyone else get the feeling that bynum just wanted to get ejected and tore that jersey off quick because he knows hes gonna get traded? dude was the only one trying on the defensive end and probably just got sick of noone helping him...

Was thinking about this and Jerry Sloan would be perfect for us!
Agree whit i do NOT want Brian Shaw as coach...

Jerry Sloan would kill himself trying to deal with these players.
laugh.gif
Plus from everything I've read, I'm not sure he wants to return. A big reason why he quit (besides the D-Will drama) was because he was burned out and loss the fire to coach.

Edit:

As far as the bench is concerned, a minor tweak or two is needed. I liked the signing of Blake for what he is (a solid back up PG, fringe starter) but his lack of speed is a liability out there. If there's an upgrade available, do it. Brown had a nice start to the season until he reverted back to his old self, overdribbling, shooting bad jump shots and running at shooter's knees instead of putting a hand up . I hope he leaves via free agency or trade. Barnes was solid off the bench until the knee injury. I think he should be brought back. Lamar had arguably his best season. I'd like to see him return, but who knows. Unless the Lakers can package him with Andrew for a star, it'll be difficult to get back fair value for him.

Jerry Sloan would kill himself trying to deal with these players.
laugh.gif
Plus from everything I've read, I'm not sure he wants to return. A big reason why he quit (besides the D-Will drama) was because he was burned out and loss the fire to coach.

Edit:

As far as the bench is concerned, a minor tweak or two is needed. I liked the signing of Blake for what he is (a solid back up PG, fringe starter) but his lack of speed is a liability out there. If there's an upgrade available, do it. Brown had a nice start to the season until he reverted back to his old self, overdribbling, shooting bad jump shots and running at shooter's knees instead of putting a hand up . I hope he leaves via free agency or trade. Barnes was solid off the bench until the knee injury. I think he should be brought back. Lamar had arguably his best season. I'd like to see him return, but who knows. Unless the Lakers can package him with Andrew for a star, it'll be difficult to get back fair value for him.

Barnes and blake are still serviceable.
They were just used horribly. They were given no plays which is not surprising.
It looks like the injury slowed barnes down. These two should be back with LO.

Barnes and blake are still serviceable.
They were just used horribly. They were given no plays which is not surprising.
It looks like the injury slowed barnes down. These two should be back with LO.

Originally Posted by enrique23

[table][tr][td]
cle.gif

Cleveland
[/td][td]

UNRESTRICTED

Anthony Parker
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
lal.gif

L.A. Lakers
[/td][td]
UNRESTRICTED
Matt Barnes (P)http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2992
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
mem.gif

Memphis
[/td][td]
UNRESTRICTED

Shane Battier
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]
njn.gif

New Jersey
[/td][td]
UNRESTRICTED

Kris Humphries

[/td][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
por.gif

Portland
[/td][td] RESTRICTED
Greg Oden
[/td][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
uth.gif

Utah
[/td][td]
UNRESTRICTED
Ronnie Price
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

I really hope we can get Humphries.. new reality show I think
laugh.gif

and if Barnes leaves, Battier please .. sad thing is we can't bring players in because of the cap space..
tired.gif

Originally Posted by enrique23

[table][tr][td]
cle.gif

Cleveland
[/td][td]

UNRESTRICTED

Anthony Parker
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
lal.gif

L.A. Lakers
[/td][td]
UNRESTRICTED
Matt Barnes (P)http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2992
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
mem.gif

Memphis
[/td][td]
UNRESTRICTED

Shane Battier
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]
njn.gif

New Jersey
[/td][td]
UNRESTRICTED

Kris Humphries

[/td][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
por.gif

Portland
[/td][td] RESTRICTED
Greg Oden
[/td][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
uth.gif

Utah
[/td][td]
UNRESTRICTED
Ronnie Price
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

I really hope we can get Humphries.. new reality show I think
laugh.gif

and if Barnes leaves, Battier please .. sad thing is we can't bring players in because of the cap space..
tired.gif

Tough loss and sad way to see Phil leave, but it is what it is. I was extremely disappointed in how Bynum reacted there since Barea could have been seriously been injured there. It reminded me of how Bynum elbowed Gerald Wallace, leading to a collapsed lung. Bad way to end the season...

In terms of changes, we know Phil's done and we need a new head coach. A defensive minded head coach would be good, if not, then a Brian Shaw with a defensive coordinator would work. I think this core team still has a run left, but they really need to get their chemistry going again because the fourth quarter execution flops were deadly. The margin of error in the NBA is just not forgiving enough for them to win. If Lakers FO think a trade is needed, I'd be giddy if we could ship Bynum out for something valuable since his knees are fragile, but hey, I wouldn't mind if he stuck around (most GM's know about his knees being prone to injury due to the Q-angles). I'd be sad to see Pau or Lamar get traded, but realistically, they are the most valuable players we have. No one is going to trade for Kobe, and he's not going to go anywhere else, so that's out the window.

Ah wells, enough speculating. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the playoffs and just watch basketball for basketball. Hopefully, the Lakers come back with a zest for another title next year, if not, either way, I'll be rooting them on.

Tough loss and sad way to see Phil leave, but it is what it is. I was extremely disappointed in how Bynum reacted there since Barea could have been seriously been injured there. It reminded me of how Bynum elbowed Gerald Wallace, leading to a collapsed lung. Bad way to end the season...

In terms of changes, we know Phil's done and we need a new head coach. A defensive minded head coach would be good, if not, then a Brian Shaw with a defensive coordinator would work. I think this core team still has a run left, but they really need to get their chemistry going again because the fourth quarter execution flops were deadly. The margin of error in the NBA is just not forgiving enough for them to win. If Lakers FO think a trade is needed, I'd be giddy if we could ship Bynum out for something valuable since his knees are fragile, but hey, I wouldn't mind if he stuck around (most GM's know about his knees being prone to injury due to the Q-angles). I'd be sad to see Pau or Lamar get traded, but realistically, they are the most valuable players we have. No one is going to trade for Kobe, and he's not going to go anywhere else, so that's out the window.

Ah wells, enough speculating. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the playoffs and just watch basketball for basketball. Hopefully, the Lakers come back with a zest for another title next year, if not, either way, I'll be rooting them on.

Pau for D-Will straight up
Bynum/Odom/Blake/whoever it takes for D12-Jameer
Sign Shane Battier

D-Will
Kobe
Ron
PF
D12

Pau for D-Will straight up
Bynum/Odom/Blake/whoever it takes for D12-Jameer
Sign Shane Battier

D-Will
Kobe
Ron
PF
D12

Well, tough season to get thru. 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm sorry things didn't work out as we had all hoped, but as crazy as it sounds, we aren't going to win every single year. 
laugh.gif

Lotta stuff went well for us this year, but alot also went south on us.  It sucks that Phil goes out like this, but I suspect he feels like he wasn't getting thru to his players anymore.  Regardless, his career will never be matched. 

We all have spoke about Dwight, and it's gotten to the point that I feel the same about this as I did the KG to LA campaign we ran for so many years. 

If we don't get Dwight, then the obvious next need HAS to be PG.  I love Fish more than anybody except probably Ska, but he should go ahead and move to the bench now.  I think Blake got a raw deal this year.  I never liked the guy, but his fit is a good one in LA, he just struggled this season.  He can also spot fill between 1-2 if we are able to add a better starting PG. 

PMatic mentioned getting JR Smith.  Dude is a damn clown, but his skills are exactly what we badly need.  An athletic player with range for days.  Last year I wanted us to get Ray Allen, but of course Boston had the upper hand there, Smith is like Ray, but alot dumber. 
laugh.gif
  And without Phil, I dunno if we wanna put a first year coach in charge of JR.  My guess is we would have to hope he would listen to Kobe. 

Better PG
Kobe
Ron
Pau
Bynum

LO
Fisher
Ebanks

Is still a solid solid core.  We would need to tweak the back end of that bench, and we MUST add shooting somewhere.  I only remember 2 of us being upset about Sasha getting moved, and this was why.  Add to that, we gave up our #1 as well in the deal.  ALL FAIL. 
30t6p3b.gif

One bright side, Luke is that much closer to being off our books. 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
  Small victories. 

Well, tough season to get thru. 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm sorry things didn't work out as we had all hoped, but as crazy as it sounds, we aren't going to win every single year. 
laugh.gif

Lotta stuff went well for us this year, but alot also went south on us.  It sucks that Phil goes out like this, but I suspect he feels like he wasn't getting thru to his players anymore.  Regardless, his career will never be matched. 

We all have spoke about Dwight, and it's gotten to the point that I feel the same about this as I did the KG to LA campaign we ran for so many years. 

If we don't get Dwight, then the obvious next need HAS to be PG.  I love Fish more than anybody except probably Ska, but he should go ahead and move to the bench now.  I think Blake got a raw deal this year.  I never liked the guy, but his fit is a good one in LA, he just struggled this season.  He can also spot fill between 1-2 if we are able to add a better starting PG. 

PMatic mentioned getting JR Smith.  Dude is a damn clown, but his skills are exactly what we badly need.  An athletic player with range for days.  Last year I wanted us to get Ray Allen, but of course Boston had the upper hand there, Smith is like Ray, but alot dumber. 
laugh.gif
  And without Phil, I dunno if we wanna put a first year coach in charge of JR.  My guess is we would have to hope he would listen to Kobe. 

Better PG
Kobe
Ron
Pau
Bynum

LO
Fisher
Ebanks

Is still a solid solid core.  We would need to tweak the back end of that bench, and we MUST add shooting somewhere.  I only remember 2 of us being upset about Sasha getting moved, and this was why.  Add to that, we gave up our #1 as well in the deal.  ALL FAIL. 
30t6p3b.gif

One bright side, Luke is that much closer to being off our books. 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
  Small victories. 

Just go away Scooby, your clown activity isn't needed here.

Laker fans, if we can't get D12 for Drew would you object to trying to pry CP3 away from NO? I mean he's as good as gone after next season anyway.

Just go away Scooby, your clown activity isn't needed here.

Laker fans, if we can't get D12 for Drew would you object to trying to pry CP3 away from NO? I mean he's as good as gone after next season anyway.

Jerry West isn't the NETS GM.
ORL trade you said is
indifferent.gif

Yeah like if shane is going to leave the grizz and help LA rebulid.

I know it hurts but just stop and look at what your posting.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom