[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Lakers-fans-have-been-anxious-to-put-on-purple-shirt-a-fantasy-Howard.png

dwight-howard-lakers.jpg

pimp.gif

Would Aaron Brooks be a good fit? I think he would be good as a starter or backup to Derek. Dwight Howard would be nice, but I can't really see that happening right now.

Would Aaron Brooks be a good fit? I think he would be good as a starter or backup to Derek. Dwight Howard would be nice, but I can't really see that happening right now.

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

I took a glance at the FA list for this year and his name popped up.  I think Brooks is a young kid with a lot of potential, I remember the series we had with them two years ago.  He was slashing our defense as any other athletic PG does.  Other names that I liked were J. Crawford and Grant Hill.  I also think the D. Howard trade has to happen this year because we have no money to sign this guy straight up as a FA.

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

I took a glance at the FA list for this year and his name popped up.  I think Brooks is a young kid with a lot of potential, I remember the series we had with them two years ago.  He was slashing our defense as any other athletic PG does.  Other names that I liked were J. Crawford and Grant Hill.  I also think the D. Howard trade has to happen this year because we have no money to sign this guy straight up as a FA.

laugh.gif
 just 2 weeks ago everybody was giving the Lakers the 3 peat, now everybody wants to trade the WHOLE team except for Bryant?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
at what only a couple weeks difference makes

laugh.gif
 just 2 weeks ago everybody was giving the Lakers the 3 peat, now everybody wants to trade the WHOLE team except for Bryant?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
at what only a couple weeks difference makes

The worst thing to do is to blow up this team over a bad playoff loss. This core group has shown that it can win rings so unless you can get Dwight Howard on favorable terms, do not make the big trade just because. If you do make roster moves, make trade or a signing at the margin. Maybe get some youth and quickness at the point and/or some more consistent shooters.

One thing we will get this off season is, rest. People really under estimate the effect of long term fatigue. Since the 07-08 season, this core group has played an extra season worth of playoff games and Dallas had not been out of the first round since 2006.

Kobe will never be as explosive as he was when he was 25 but he is still in his early 30's and five months of no professional or international baskbetball will mean that he will, come October, have some lift and some pop for the first time in a long while. Right now he probably feels dead from fatigue but after a few months of playing Rock Band with his girls, chilling in Sardinia and spending only an hour or two running at the track at UCI, he will have some pep in his step next season and next post season.

Congratulations to the Mavs, I hope they beat Miami, seeing LeBron come up dry, again, will mean that this post season was not all bad. Enjoy the summer everyone, consider playing some ball youself, it is great way to take one's mind off of Laker futility during this abnormally long summer.

The worst thing to do is to blow up this team over a bad playoff loss. This core group has shown that it can win rings so unless you can get Dwight Howard on favorable terms, do not make the big trade just because. If you do make roster moves, make trade or a signing at the margin. Maybe get some youth and quickness at the point and/or some more consistent shooters.

One thing we will get this off season is, rest. People really under estimate the effect of long term fatigue. Since the 07-08 season, this core group has played an extra season worth of playoff games and Dallas had not been out of the first round since 2006.

Kobe will never be as explosive as he was when he was 25 but he is still in his early 30's and five months of no professional or international baskbetball will mean that he will, come October, have some lift and some pop for the first time in a long while. Right now he probably feels dead from fatigue but after a few months of playing Rock Band with his girls, chilling in Sardinia and spending only an hour or two running at the track at UCI, he will have some pep in his step next season and next post season.

Congratulations to the Mavs, I hope they beat Miami, seeing LeBron come up dry, again, will mean that this post season was not all bad. Enjoy the summer everyone, consider playing some ball youself, it is great way to take one's mind off of Laker futility during this abnormally long summer.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

We need to make our bench deeper and need to gain some speed. But our coach is going to be our biggest move.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

We need to make our bench deeper and need to gain some speed. But our coach is going to be our biggest move.

Just got back home from work. Man oh man what a season it has been. 
laugh.gif
I'm more disappointed at this loss than sad or angry. I remember after the All-Star break, everyone including me thought this team was clicking in all cylinders. But whats done is done and we all have to move on from this season. It's disappointing that Phil had to leave like this, but atleast you can say he achieved something he never achieved before which was getting swept in the Playoffs.

Key Off-Season Moves
-Get a new coach(Adelman or J. Van Gundy? )
-If there's anything to blow up about this team, its the bench.
-Point Guard...nuff said. Throw Fisher in the bench or throw him as a valet attendant. He's been exposed enough all year around.
-Tough decision but trade Bynum(who ended this season and playoffs very STRONG, but aka Mr.Glass) or Pau(Always consistent through-out the season but went GHOST this whole entire Playoffs)
-Odom will be traded with whoever (He has a home in Florida....)
nerd.gif

This will be a very interesting off-season for this team. There will definitely be some new faces next season, and with the lock-out who knows what can happen. A shortened season means a lot more rest for Kobe.  This team was clearly not motivated after winning back to back, shown by how the team played the whole season halfheartedly.  This early round up-set will definitely be something to motivate these guys . Post Jackson era coming...

Just got back home from work. Man oh man what a season it has been. 
laugh.gif
I'm more disappointed at this loss than sad or angry. I remember after the All-Star break, everyone including me thought this team was clicking in all cylinders. But whats done is done and we all have to move on from this season. It's disappointing that Phil had to leave like this, but atleast you can say he achieved something he never achieved before which was getting swept in the Playoffs.

Key Off-Season Moves
-Get a new coach(Adelman or J. Van Gundy? )
-If there's anything to blow up about this team, its the bench.
-Point Guard...nuff said. Throw Fisher in the bench or throw him as a valet attendant. He's been exposed enough all year around.
-Tough decision but trade Bynum(who ended this season and playoffs very STRONG, but aka Mr.Glass) or Pau(Always consistent through-out the season but went GHOST this whole entire Playoffs)
-Odom will be traded with whoever (He has a home in Florida....)
nerd.gif

This will be a very interesting off-season for this team. There will definitely be some new faces next season, and with the lock-out who knows what can happen. A shortened season means a lot more rest for Kobe.  This team was clearly not motivated after winning back to back, shown by how the team played the whole season halfheartedly.  This early round up-set will definitely be something to motivate these guys . Post Jackson era coming...

I say we keep Bynum Pau Odom unless we can get a steal with Dwight which i doubt. We need to get rid of Shannon Brown and get rid of all these old veteran big guys we have there useless. We need to get Johnson more time to play and see how he can turn out, and see if we can take any good spot up 3 point shooters like a good Sasha

I say we keep Bynum Pau Odom unless we can get a steal with Dwight which i doubt. We need to get rid of Shannon Brown and get rid of all these old veteran big guys we have there useless. We need to get Johnson more time to play and see how he can turn out, and see if we can take any good spot up 3 point shooters like a good Sasha

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Does it make me a bad fan that I have already accepted it and im okay with this lose? I mean Game 2 hurt me bad, same with Game 3 but this game i was just numb.
Nope. Now if you want to blow up the team yeah.
laugh.gif
thats the last thing i want. I was sad when we got rid of Sasha but i would be insanely happy if we got rid of Walton
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom