[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by CP1708

Now......you may panic.
This reply got me 
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This wasn't on Kobe. Don't lose faith in Kobe. He played well. The problem is, laker fans and analyst alike, haven't been real with themselves. He isn't the same player. Even when he's playing well and scoring a lot, its off of jumpers, like tonight. He isn't getting in the paint, and making plays for himself and others. Ultimately, you don't win with jumpers, and the lakers never do. They always win with their interior, and their size. When gasol doesn't play well, the lakers don't win, flat and simple.

Fact is, the defense got really tense, and the lakers didn't have any real option down the stretch, other than odom, or bynum who should have got the ball a bit more down the stretch.

Also, dallas players played their part tremendously. Dirk Nowitski made the right plays at the top of the key, and they made some good shots. The lakers can come back, but it will be extremely tough. The Mavericks are flat out better than the lakers.

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

Originally Posted by Fearless

we should have kept sasha, matt barnes proved us wrong

I agree with the first part of your sentence, although my problem is more with Shannon Brown than Matt Barnes.  I'd rather have Blake, Vujacic and Barnes as my bench... but that's just me.  On another note, I know I don't post on here often but this is a little tough for me to stomach I honestly thought we were gonna win this game.  Sad day in Laker Nation indeed.  
frown.gif

famar and sasha lauging right now .

Still a small glimpse of hope. If the Lakers play with their hearts out this Sunday there can be a slight chance they can at least push it to a game six. Coming back home for game five, they're going to need a crowd from the game six Celtics-Lakers crowd from last season.

It's not officially over, but what were your guy's favorite moments during this 4 year run? Mine might be the run to the 08 Finals even though the Lakers loss that year. 

Originally Posted by ICantJumpMAN67

welcome to the feeling warrior fans have every night they play

not even close man, Warrior fans don't expect the Warriors to win it every year and have the best players. But we feel pretty low right now

LOL I don't even get what half of you are talking about...

NO TEAM STAYS ON TOP FOREVER...this isn't the 50's with the celtics.

There is a reason why in the modern era of basketball (90's and on) there have only been 3 3peat runs (2 by the bulls 1 by the lakers) and only a couple of repeat champions (rockets and Lakers). Teams get better!

This team is just plain tired.....that's it. We have issues at point guard and Pau is just in another world.

We all love fish but 2 bone head plays in a row. He's done.

I don't know what Pau's problem is but he is not all there right now. We all ragged on bynum all year but he has played well in all 3 games.

We just need to re-tool. That's it. With the cap and the lock out its going to be hard.

We just have to face reality. We all saw the signs of this during the season but we let it go cuzz we are fans.....

But even I didn't expect a sweep....

i knew they would lose when they were up by eight in the fourth and they started to shoot j's and not even look for Drew

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

we should have kept sasha, matt barnes proved us wrong

I agree with the first part of your sentence, although my problem is more with Shannon Brown than Matt Barnes.  I'd rather have Blake, Vujacic and Barnes as my bench... but that's just me.  On another note, I know I don't post on here often but this is a little tough for me to stomach I honestly thought we were gonna win this game.  Sad day in Laker Nation indeed.  
frown.gif

famar and sasha lauging right now .
wow dude... I never thought I would say that but you're right.  I wonder if the outcome of this series would have been the same if we had the 2009 team with Farmar, Ariza and Sasha.  I really though coming into this season that we were a better team with the guys we brought on board (Matt and Stevie Blake)

Man I'm really disappointed and cannot believe we are going out like this. I hope Fisher retires and we finally address our PG position.

Gasol was all nonchalant leaving dirk wide open most of the game. He did not want to be out there. I have lost all respect I had for this dude.

He says he thinks he needs to be more aggressive and then starts clanking rainbow fade aways ALL game. The only way he scores up close is only if the mavs leave him wide open under the basket.

Kupchack needs to get rid of dude. Lakers don't need quitters on this team.

CAN WE GET SOME SHOOTERS AND A BETTER BENCH IN THE SEASON? PLEASE
indifferent.gif

Kobe has been outplayed by their star the whole series.
30t6p3b.gif

their 3 point shooting vs ours though
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

LOL I don't even get what half of you are talking about...

NO TEAM STAYS ON TOP FOREVER...this isn't the 50's with the celtics.

There is a reason why in the modern era of basketball (90's and on) there have only been 3 3peat runs (2 by the bulls 1 by the lakers) and only a couple of repeat champions (rockets and Lakers). Teams get better!

This team is just plain tired.....that's it. We have issues at point guard and Pau is just in another world.

We all love fish but 2 bone head plays in a row. He's done.

I don't know what Pau's problem is but he is not all there right now. We all ragged on bynum all year but he has played well in all 3 games.

We just need to re-tool. That's it. With the cap and the lock out its going to be hard.

We just have to face reality. We all saw the signs of this during the season but we let it go cuzz we are fans.....

But even I didn't expect a sweep....

everything is on point.

The bench scoring has the been the key to this series. The Lakers have been outscored 112-42.

If Kobe shoots more, then everyone blames him if the Lakers lose. When he doesn't shoot enough, he still gets the blame. He's going to go down as one of the most hated and polarizing players of all time. He simply can't win. How was it his fault the Lakers didn't perform well tonight? He can't cover everyone on the court. He can't make people's shots go in. He can only do so much.

Almost everyone showed up for the Lakers, obviously not the waste of a PF.

Kobe should of shot more, though.

Whats great about lebron is he can get that 33 points with 8 assists. Im not even a lebron fan
sick.gif

pau has dirk looking like a pure thug. I never seen dirk defend with such intensity, such ferocity. I know pau is the type of _' in the club who just hugs the wall and strays away from the wobbly buttcheeks that dominates the dancefloor when old school Juvenile songs come on. But dirk? dirk is looking like the one who straight dry humps the broads during the downtempo portion of the night.

This game just proved that our bench is pretty much useless without Odom. We need to revamp this bench during the off-season.

I really see some tension between this team. I feel that Bynum is playing the way he is playing to get his team going and he addressed the "trust" issue publicly because hes tired of seeing and hearing about it in the locker room.  There's obviously issues in the locker room from the way these guys are showing their emotions on the court today.

The worst part about this is Mitch is gonna be like "We feel we have a strong core and can get it done with this current team so we don't need any changes other than signing some second round players." 
indifferent.gif

do we have any first round picks this year?
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom