[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

I don't care about anything other than entertainment, either.

I find Finals MVPs to be rather entertaining when I watch them, unless they're destroying the Lakers.

Actually, that's not even true, because even then, I'm entertained. Disgusted, but entertained.

Originally Posted by halal cart23

Frobe > Kobe
I don't care about anything but pure entertainment

eyes.gif

--Yeah I wasnt entertained when Kobe hit dagger jumpers over Grant Hill multiple times in last years WCF.
--I wasnt entertained the other night when he made a clutch (wait is Kobe clutch?) three pointer against the Queens the other night.
--I wasnt entertained with the 6-7 game winning shots he made last season either.
indifferent.gif

do any of you guys know if they play nba playoffs in europe?

I will be leaving may 16th and come back on june the 16th.

I might have to watch them from my laptop and buy nba broadband service crap :/

smh i'me with you ska...imagine this kobe feeding that shaq the way he does pau. and instead of soft layups, its always a rim shattering dunk. theyd be the best duo of all time. i mean kobe still likes to have the rock in his hands alot. that shaq wouldve too..still wouldve be interesting to see tho. well we'll get to see it next year with dwight.

that vid was from that year kobe put all the muscle on wasnt it?  he came back like a tank, diesel as hell

--I dont know why everyone's excited up in here.
--When Miami plows throught the Bulls and Celtics and if we meet them in the Finals, LBJ, D-Whistle and Co. will be recieving rings this Halloween.

The recent Kobe doesnt attack the basket anymore though. Frobe attacks the paint pulls the defense into him then drops a nice pass to shaq in the paint.

Kobe recently just stays in the post and or pick and roll with Pau. This Kobe with that Shaq will be interesting though.

BTW i just got my Barnes Artest shirt today from Elusion
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Two weeks after i ordered
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Kobe >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> Frobe

Yes, as dominant as we were back then, we could have been more dominant. There is literally NOTHING the league could have done with THAT Shaq and THIS Kobe on the same team. I mean... NOTHING.

All this 'Batman and Robin' talk would be DEAD. We'd've had Batman and... Batman.

But he was exciting. Got a lot of fans for his flair. Still helped us w/ a 3-peat. But yes, I've thought many times how that 3-peat could have been a lot more; I'm talking like running the table through last decade, BETTER than the Bulls did the previous decade, something like the league hasn't seen since the early Celtics.

They fed off each other's problems.

Shaq's attitude was fueled by his disgust with Frobe's arrogant flair; Frobe's "Dammit, y'all bammas better start recognizing me" was fueled by knowing he was putting in work while Shaq wasn't, but still got all the glory.

They were both right.

Be that as it may, THAT Shaq won 3 Finals MVPs, and THIS Kobe has 2 (could be 3 this year, or could have been 3 if we beat Boston in '08). I'm saying, THIS calculated, more cerebral Kobe and THAT Shaq, just the way he was, would have been a terror.

You talking about a Shaq that worked harder, but that Shaq has never existed. He's big and smart, and he's going to ride that as long as he can. When he was younger, being big and smart was good enough to be a brute; now it's just good enough to still be in the league. Apparently that's ok with him. But imagining a Shaq that worked relentlessly is imagining something we've never seen.

Imagining a more team-oriented, cerebral, calculated Kobe is something we have have seen... err... are seeing.

So pairing Kobe now with Shaq then = problems

- amen brother.

- ska, we've talked about this before in length. as a former laker fan a HATED Frobe, i seen the outcome from miles away and had to walk away from the team right i watched them win their first chamionship with the duo.

.....i shudder thinking of what that team could have been. to me it was never even about egos....on either side. you're always going to have ego's, it was management's job to check the kid but they were scared to from jump. had they done that? there would be NO ARGUMENTS as to who the greatest is (KB or MJ).......NO ARGUMENTS about a Spurs dynasty vs. Lakers dynasty.

......TEAM Kobe and THAT Shaq?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

so did you guys see the league fined Phil 75k yesterday for saying that there may not be a season next year...stern is lowkey hitler tho.

if there is a lockout, players are gonna have a field day criticizing stern. Similar to how u see derrick mason teeing off on roger gooddell

Kobe >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> Frobe

Yes, as dominant as we were back then, we could have been more dominant. There is literally NOTHING the league could have done with THAT Shaq and THIS Kobe on the same team. I mean... NOTHING.

All this 'Batman and Robin' talk would be DEAD. We'd've had Batman and... Batman.  
we had batman and superman.

two dominant figures with two different ways to dominate. one with brute and strength, the other a savvy individual who was only looking to improve his game. i wish they couldve worked things out. phil is somewhat to blame too though. he was a bit too hands off IMO. i really thought he couldve reached out to both of them the same way riles reached out to kareem and magic. but yes, what couldve been though....

but at the same time, mr. buss knew what he was getting into. he wasnt lying that we were going to be back which is why he is the best owner in sports
nerd.gif

- ska, we've talked about this before in length. as a former laker fan a HATED Frobe, i seen the outcome from miles away and had to walk away from the team right i watched them win their first chamionship with the duo.

let me get the straight, you used to be a laker fan but cause of kobe you stopped? i'm glad you came to that conclusion. its all about the name on the front not the back anyways

^^^Agreed with having batman AND superman. For some reason, people act like Frobe wasnt the best guard in the league.. and that was at age 22 or 23 right? And I'll 04-07 Kobe over any Kobe. Dude was money. Still the best player now and has been for over a decade.. IMO.

Anyways, on to the Hornets. Hopefully we see some of this

I remember watching that live and getting TOO pumped. Still gets my blood flowing to this day. NH.

My fav was/is 1996-1998 Kobe, skinny cat with that mean crossover, 360 dunks, and up n under lay ups.

Brought the blacktop back to the league along with A.I.

30790587.jpg

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

^^^Agreed with having batman AND superman. For some reason, people act like Frobe wasnt the best guard in the league.. and that was at age 22 or 23 right? And I'll 04-07 Kobe over any Kobe. Dude was money. Still the best player now and has been for over a decade.. IMO.

Anyways, on to the Hornets. Hopefully we see some of this I remember watching that live and getting TOO pumped. Still gets my blood flowing to this day. NH.

im glad you agree but i still cant understand the fact your sn is big ben and youre an apparent raider fan.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

let me get the straight, you used to be a laker fan but cause of kobe you stopped?
  i'm glad you came to that conclusion. its all about the name on the front not the back anyways

- correct. well, actually to be a bit more technical i stopped because i couldnt bare to watch what i knew was going to happen to the team and to see management sit back and let it happen. i seen the blowup coming years before it was even talked about in the media.

- as a fan i cringed everytime 'the kid' would lose the ball into out of bounds trying to be on some 'i got dis' steez. then jogging back with the 'my bad.....my bad' look on his face. why? because it was unchecked. Del Harris was terrified of 'the kid'. and couldnt bring himself to bench him over his antics. i knew then it wasnt going to last long. and i knew a championship would only make it worse giving 'the kid' the impression he was doing no wrong. Phil brought a little balance and toned him down a bit, but it was too late.

....the funny thing is JR Smith, as hated as he is on here plays EXACTLY like Frobe used to (bball IQ and attitude wise)........he gets clowned for it on here though.

Shaq started getting fatter after 2003.Dude was not really that dominant after that even during the 2006 playoffs. Lakers would have needed some young and non fat role players to dominate. 

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Anyways, on to the Hornets. Hopefully we see some of this I remember watching that live and getting TOO pumped. Still gets my blood flowing to this day. NH.

im glad you agree but i still cant understand the fact your sn is big ben and youre an apparent raider fan.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

haha my sn is big ben because people always tell me I look like him. Been a fan of all 3 teams in my sig my entire life...

seasoned vet wrote:
....the funny thing is JR Smith, as hated as he is on here plays EXACTLY like Frobe used to (bball IQ and attitude wise)........he gets clowned for it on here though.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Can't believe what I just read
eek.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

let me get the straight, you used to be a laker fan but cause of kobe you stopped?
  i'm glad you came to that conclusion. its all about the name on the front not the back anyways

- correct. well, actually to be a bit more technical i stopped because i couldnt bare to watch what i knew was going to happen to the team and to see management sit back and let it happen. i seen the blowup coming years before it was even talked about in the media.

- as a fan i cringed everytime 'the kid' would lose the ball into out of bounds trying to be on some 'i got dis' steez. then jogging back with the 'my bad.....my bad' look on his face. why? because it was unchecked. Del Harris was terrified of 'the kid'. and couldnt bring himself to bench him over his antics. i knew then it wasnt going to last long. and i knew a championship would only make it worse giving 'the kid' the impression he was doing no wrong. Phil brought a little balance and toned him down a bit, but it was too late.

believe me i loved eddie jones and i was a bit ticked off nick nor him had the ball in their hands against the jazz. instead we had kobe shooting airballs. but you make sound the lakers hit rock bottom and that he didnt learned from his mistakes. frobe knew he had flaws and he improved on them every season. frobe is NOT EXACTLY like jr smith. 
laugh.gif
frobe didnt just camp out on the 3 point line to chuck out a three. frobe developed his game and made the right decisions when needed to. please frobe was much smarter and his attitude is far from jr. frobe was the first and last to practice to get better while jr smith is the last one. defensively, frobe was instrumental during those championship runs especially during the first one. no comparison whatsoever bro. put jr on that team, now thats a blowup right there. its clear that you have hatred for frobe which subquently led you to withdraw from being a laker fan. but like i said, its about the name on the front not on the back. but it is what it is.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

PxCj4.gif

1r3h36.jpg

Back
Top Bottom