[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by msw1233

so who's going? i've got game 2 tickets - about to scoop some game 1's as well. my first trip to Staples.
I'm going to game 1. I try to go to home game 1 of every series. Gotta get those T-shirts
pimp.gif

I get a bonus every April and every year it goes straight to the Lakers
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

so who's going? i've got game 2 tickets - about to scoop some game 1's as well. my first trip to Staples.
I'm going to game 1. I try to go to home game 1 of every series. Gotta get those T-shirts
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
yea this will be my first time visiting LA actually. so i planned it around these first 2 games. 
pimp.gif
  i was surprised tickets weren't more expensive.

hoping i don't get owned by the LA traffic otherwise. a little nervous about driving around down there.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
yea this will be my first time visiting LA actually. so i planned it around these first 2 games. 
pimp.gif
  i was surprised tickets weren't more expensive.

hoping i don't get owned by the LA traffic otherwise. a little nervous about driving around down there.
Don't sweat the traffic
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Lakers in 4

Round 2 against POR will be the real test

WCF against the Thunder will be the real test this year in the playoffs.
What if Thunder get upset by Denver ? Don't sleep on Denver . They're legit

dont care how much sacramento sucks, always fun ripping their hearts out...  

potential last game at arco and they will only remember how much the lakers have owned them... very fitting!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Lakers in 4

Round 2 against POR will be the real test

WCF against the Thunder will be the real test this year in the playoffs.
What if Thunder get upset by Denver ? Don't sleep on Denver . They're legit

--I think we got the winner of the POR/DAL series.
--The Spurs gotta deal witht the winner of the DEN/OKC series. I like the bracket we're in.

No rush for drew to come back...

NOLA lost david west, so we should be more than good.

No added pressure for the big homie, rest up Drew WELL +%##@%! DONE

3 days rest for the team, should feel good man.
Ready for Sunday, still trying to strike last minute on some tix for game 1. 

3 days off til Sunday, and then 2 more days off after that. 
pimp.gif

1 game for an entire week should do wonders for our roster.  Phil gonna start getting them bunkered in pretty soon. 

So IIIIFFFFF we were to make it the Finals, we would have HCA, unless we're playing the Bulls or Heat, right?

And we'll have HCA throughout the West unless we play the Spurs, right?

35n7itl.png

I just HOOOOPE that what we saw from Kobe last night was a sign of "Alright, it's playoff time. Finally. Those worthless a-- 82 games are overwith. Leggoo!!!"

And HOPEFULLY the team is of the same mentality.

Teams that I wouldn't be surprised if they beat LA: OKC, SA, Boston, Miami

Only teams that I'm actually scared of: OKC [youth, post presence/rebounding, leading scorer] and Miami [would have HCA, they make up for their bigs with Wade/James]

^ Definitely agree with OKC, Boston, and Miami. I'm not scared of S.A., personally. But I am scared of Denver.

OKC is actually my 'team of the future'. Been saying this since their series against us last year, and they've improved since THEN. They are, in a word, LEGIT.

Boston has beaten us in a Finals, and they still have the same pieces from back then (sans Perk).

Like you said, Miami's lack of size is made up by having 2 of the top 3 players in the game.

I like Denver every year come playoff time, no matter how many times they refuse to give me reason to.
laugh.gif
It ued to be that I really believed in Chauncey and Melo; now it's just that I really think their young talent could do work. Look, I have to believe in the collective effort of some young athletes with chips on their shoulders (see: Angels, 2002).

Even though Miami's home crowd overall sucked during the regular season, we all know how loud they get when the playoffs come. They will definitely have that for them should they make the finals.

The fact that they would have HCA over LA scares me more than anything. You know Wade/James will be smelling blood once they're that close to a ring regardless of their past failures [or James' past failures].

And OKC, well they probably have the best home crowd in the league. They're gonna need every advantage to beat LA but they definitely match up well.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Teams that I wouldn't be surprised if they beat LA: OKC, SA, Boston, Miami

Only teams that I'm actually scared of: OKC [youth, post presence/rebounding, leading scorer] and Miami [would have HCA, they make up for their bigs with Wade/James]
way to go out on a limb there fellas

Back
Top Bottom