[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 game.

Playoffs!!! LET'S GOOOOOOO!

16 wins until our goal. We got the Hornets up first, we rashly could just sit Bynum for this series until he gets completely healthy.

that mini heart attack i just went through was unreal.
but i guess its conditioning for the playoffs.
can't #@%#!+* wait!

#LAKESHOW!

Well I can relax now. Sighs of relief feel good. Up next is the hornets. I expect 4-1. They'll steal one. We may play %$*+@$, but they arena good enough to exploit our flaws enough. Lakers said bynum will play tho. With out him, pay doesn't really get rest..and we know how he plays when he runs out of gas...

Bynum probably will play, but im sure Phil is relieved and will cut down his minutes a lot. No offense to New Orleans but we don't need him out there for too long to beat them in this series, so we should save his strength for the next round.

Lakers couldn't have ended the season without some drama. With that said, the Playoffs are finally here. Second season starts now.

What a boring game.............

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DO NOT, overlook the Hornets.  DO NOT. 

I don't care that West is out, and that we SHOULD win, we all know that you can't take teams lightly, now look at the team we all root for, what do we do?  Take teams lightly.  So this is not the time to be doing it.  FINISH these guys, fast and early.  Do not give them hope, do not let them think anything, win and get rest.  Stay healthy, do your jobs.  Board, extra pass, make open shots, good shot selection, and take care of the basketball.  Most important, stay focused.  Fans/players/media/ownership, EVERYBODY within the Laker family, focus only on the Hornets.  Don't take them lightly. 

Now it counts. Now it matters.   But make no mistake, still do not panic after single losses.  Nobody goes 16-0 in the playoffs, so be prepared for losses, and handle them accordingly.  For my own personal sake, I beg you. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

CP- Come on fam lakers are going to dismantle the hornets ..
laugh.gif

I never seen Phil Jackson hop out of his seat in a regular season game so much in my life ..
eek.gif

Look at the last week and a half. 

THREE runs to the finals in a row.  70 somethin playoff games.  More games played then any other team in the NBA the past 3 years, now going on 4.

SIX players just played a full 82 games, (a mistake imo)  and we came down to the wire GASSED.  (and remember, we were on fumes in game 7 last year, the third year of our run)

Now we go into a 4th.  NOTHING is guaranteed.  Easier?  Maybe.  But lock?  No. 

People need to understand the wear and tear we went thru these years.  25 years of history is against us.  We need to focus, every game, game by game. 

Freebie's are over now.  (unless we're up 3-0 in a series and can afford a "harmless" loss) 

Go back and look last year, this was my big fear for this season, games/minutes/time.  Resting a game or two helps, but it wouldn't make up for 70 playoff games in 3 years. 

This stuff matters, believe me.   

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

hell no. I got 500 on a Lakers sweep. wish me luck 
happy.gif
eek.gif

eek.gif
 what kinda bet is that? Damn dude, take a breath and reconsider...you do know they have Chris Paul right? 
laugh.gif
you dont know how long ive been waiting for this moment. heres my chance. go high or go home.

damn lakers nearly gave me a heart attack tonight. all the puzzles were in the right places tonight. it was that laker puzzle that just didnt want to fit in.

but somehow it did...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Fearless

phew, now we can sit out bynum untill round 2

Not happening.

If we played Memphis in the 1st round then absolutely YES we sit him out. Because of the injury curse
laugh.gif

This is the first time in awhile that I'm worried for the Lakers rolling into the post season. We are not playing with that championship swagger and other teams are hungry. We should get by the hornets easy but the road from there is a long one. Hopefully we sweep the hornets so players can rest.

so who's going? i've got game 2 tickets - about to scoop some game 1's as well. my first trip to Staples.

Back
Top Bottom