[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

wow who would have ever thought before all star break that the the lakers would have a chance at best record in the league and homecourt throughout the playoffs. all the talk was the lakers having to play 3 straight road series in order to win a 3 peat...

mad.gif
 @ me having to work tomorrow during the game.
It should be a really good one, the Nuggets have been playing very well.

Just took a look at the schedule and the Lakers could possibly go 5-2 (thats me being optimistic) the rest of the regular season. Hopin for 7-0 though 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

vs Denver

vs Utah

@ Golden State

@ Portland

vs Oklahoma City

vs San Antonio

@ Sacramento

Originally Posted by NobleKane

wow who would have ever thought before all star break that the the lakers would have a chance at best record in the league and homecourt throughout the playoffs. all the talk was the lakers having to play 3 straight road series in order to win a 3 peat...

Yeah, who woulda thought.........?
laugh.gif
Still, getting the 1 is not as important as simply staying healthy.

Originally Posted by onlyXVbutHAVEallXIX

mad.gif
 @ me having to work tomorrow during the game.
It should be a really good one, the Nuggets have been playing very well.

Just took a look at the schedule and the Lakers could possibly go 5-2 (thats me being optimistic) the rest of the regular season. Hopin for 7-0 though 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

vs Denver

vs Utah

@ Golden State

@ Portland

vs Oklahoma City

vs San Antonio

@ Sacramento
If we make it past next Friday against the Blazers @ Portland then I seriously think we will run the table and close out the regular season 24-1

obviously you're pessimistic perspective could never of phantom that
laugh.gif

i just want spurs and bulls to lose and lakers do good these next games so we can get best record in the nba n home court advantage for the playoffs

Originally Posted by Ryda421

laugh.gif
sick.gif

Like others have said, I wasn't even really worried last night when we were down 41-24. My friends were giving me crap and I was just like, "Meh, we'll figure something out."
laugh.gif
I always feel pretty confident during the regular season, but then in the playoffs I really start to worry. I still can't help but feel like even though we've clearly been playing the best of anybody in the league, we won't be able to keep that up throughout the playoffs and threepeat. Like, there's no way Phil could have four different threepeats with two different teams, and Kobe could have two different ones with a different roster. Right? 

Found this on another forum and it needs to be added to NT's emotion icon list

9bg11v.gif

roll.gif

Get it done ska.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Yeah, who woulda thought.........?
laugh.gif
Still, getting the 1 is not as important as simply staying healthy.

i feel the same way,  however i want them to have home court in the finals, i could care less about the spurs having home court in a series because the lakers will take care of them, but having home court in a potential game 7 of the finals if it were to happen is huge.

The Lakers were brought into the down-the-road conversation on an otherwise quiet Saturday at their practice facility.

"I think that's what scared teams do, try to position themselves," forward Lamar Odom said. "We're not going to run from a team not to finish first. That's the problem with some teams.

"Being around Phil [Jackson] and Kobe [Bryant] and Derek [Fisher], you just look up at the banners. We don't put division titles up and things like that. Our goal is to be the best team and if we can finish as the best team in the West, that's an accomplishment."

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...20110403,0,4505971.story

Couldn't have said it better. I feel the same way, where even though I think the Thunder are the biggest threat to us in the Western Conference and they picked up Perkins & Nazr Mohammed they still don't have enough to get past us in a 7 game series, especially without home court advantage.

Yeah I know they played us hard and took us to 6 games last year in the 1st round but people still forget that a big reason why was because of Kobe's knee injury where he had to get his knee drained.

The one commonality in the Lakers three consecutive trips to the Finals was that they were the No. 1 seed in the West each year. And the commonality in their two consecutive championships is that they had home court advantage in the Finals. When they lost in 2008, the Celtics were the higher seed.

Bryant has his own theory, however, of what overtaking the Spurs could mean for the Lakers.

"It means nothing," he said Friday night.

A couple weeks ago he claimed, "Home court advantage to me is overrated." He explained that in his mind, the Lakers didn't have home court advantage against Boston in the Finals last season because after L.A. dropped one of the first two games at Staples Center, the rest of the Finals was a best-of-five series with three of those games hosted by the Celtics.

Bryant genuinely believes that and he has first-hand experience in the true road team winning in the 2-3-2 Finals format as the Detroit Pistons beat his Lakers in 2004 as the lower seed.

But Jackson has his own reasons for not putting too much stock in catching the Spurs quite yet.

"It's simply this," Jackson said. "We've played very well [but] you can go out and have a stinker like we had in the first half [Friday] and lose a ball game, not have that energy in the second half to come back and win. It's asking a lot of a team to continue at that pace and expect them to play at that pace. We want to do it and have every urgency to do it, but the odds are against us. It's still a real tough thing to do."

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com...columns/story?id=6284477

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

whats going on... Mavs losing. Spurs losing. Thunder losing.

eek.gif
If that's true. I have a gut feeling (which mostly likely is wrong, like always) but I have a feeling, that teams realized that the Lakers are just hot right now, they're on a roll and there is no stopping them! Thus taking out their star players earlier or not even let them play much to save their energy and staying away from injury.

It may almost be like "
eyes.gif
Ahhh....  Lakers are gonna be number 1 anyway, let's just rest our guys!"

Thank you, Golden State 
laugh.gif

That game the Lakers got with them should be good 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Found this on another forum and it needs to be added to NT's emotion icon list

9bg11v.gif

roll.gif

Get it done ska.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm going to save that and start using it on here.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif
sick.gif

Like others have said, I wasn't even really worried last night when we were down 41-24. My friends were giving me crap and I was just like, "Meh, we'll figure something out."
laugh.gif
I always feel pretty confident during the regular season, but then in the playoffs I really start to worry. I still can't help but feel like even though we've clearly been playing the best of anybody in the league, we won't be able to keep that up throughout the playoffs and threepeat. Like, there's no way Phil could have four different threepeats with two different teams, and Kobe could have two different ones with a different roster. Right? 

congratulations on your Bachlors. maybe next time i turn in an essay, i'll just give it to you so that you can grammar check, after all that is why you spent 4+years in school right ?

grin.gif

back on topic, it will be interesting to see how the lakers will close out the season
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif

congratulations on your Bachlors. maybe next time i turn in an essay, i'll just give it to you so that you can grammar check, after all that is why you spent 4+years in school right ?

grin.gif

back on topic, it will be interesting to see how the lakers will close out the season
smile.gif
laugh.gif
 I haven't taken any English classes in college; they weren't necessary for my major.
It's all good though dude, just messin around. I think to finish out the season we go 5-2. Obviously I'm hoping to keep the streak alive but I have a feeling that between Portland, San Antonio, and the Thunder, we will lose two of those games. 

EDIT: Just saw this on LG. Amare said something about Pau still being soft, and Drew had this to say on Twitter: 

AndrewBynum Andrew Bynum 
The NBA is a weird place! How can a man that plays 0 defense call a 2 time champion soft? @wheretheydothatat

EDIT: Just saw this on LG. Amare said something about Pau still being soft, and Drew had this to say on Twitter: 

AndrewBynum Andrew Bynum 
The NBA is a weird place! How can a man that plays 0 defense call a 2 time champion soft? @wheretheydothatat

I'm loving this Laker squad man! Goddamn Goon Squad! I love it!

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

AndrewBynum Andrew Bynum 

I'm loving this Laker squad man! Goddamn Goon Squad! I love it!

Same thing I was telling someone....they went from just being championship teammates to brothers 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom