[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Kobe is a possessed man
roll.gif
. My reverse pshychology worked
pimp.gif

I know it's not Friday anymore, but that ending sure was...

FUN
FUN
FUN
FUN

pimp.gif

kobe was frustrated. ugly game and good win. zone really killed us and confused us. i think teams are realizing thats our weakness.

Kobe was a beast out there! But my opinion, the clutch player goes to my boy FISHER!!!!

The guy made clutch plays on both ends of the floor, 2 steals, forced turnovers from Andre on the last minutes, a FRICKIN' FINGER ROLL! And a clutch shot to end the game!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

kobe was frustrated. ugly game and good win. zone really killed us and confused us. i think teams are realizing thats our weakness.

Phoenix suns played zone against us last yr but we didnt have much trouble at all

These type of games pisses me off.

- How do you struggle against the zone? Mind boggling.
- I know Andrew's out, but cmon. Step up and grab rebounds. Giving up 17 OFF boards...
- These refs man... pretty obvious foul on that Kobe shot over LA. Wheres the double tech? Almost always in those situations that shouldve been a double tech.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Fearless

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Phoenix suns played zone against us last yr but we didnt have much trouble at all

True but you had Nash and Amare trying to play zone
laugh.gif

Wait, so you guys are saying that we didn't have trouble against the PHX zone last year? How do you explain those 2 losses in the WCF against them then?

The Lakers have been struggling against zone defenses for years. It really does boggle my mind how a professional team can't execute against a zone defense.

good comeback win
Drew was missed tonight. Portland had too many 2nd chance opportunities

....i guess Kobe will get another cover
laugh.gif

NBA2k10_cover3_560.jpg

Great game at the end and Kobe & Fisher closing the game. Typcial BS from the refs not giving KB the call, just hope that's not the case during the playoffs even though it will probably be worse.

Kobe looked alot better tonight as far as movement goes. That's a good sign because he looked disturbingly slow against the Wolves from that ankle. Plus he shot around 48% from the field, I'll take it.

Kobe muf****n Bryant. Nuff said.

Ugly as win, stressful as hell for a fan, huge sign of relief, when the buzzer sounded. Arg we could be undefeated after the AS break if it wasn't for the heat loss smh. We're rolling tho. Grind out wins are actually a good thing. Those experiences can be pulled from later down the road. Let's go!

Can't believe there was no double tech called...smh.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Wait, so you guys are saying that we didn't have trouble against the PHX zone last year? How do you explain those 2 losses in the WCF against them then?

We still scored 106 and 109 points in those losses; our offense wasn't the problem. 

Whew, that game aged me a couple days. Lakers gritted out another win, good practice down the stretch.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

We still scored 106 and 109 points in those losses; our offense wasn't the problem. 

Yeah my bad, placing the bulk of the blame on our offense during those two L's might've been the wrong type of analysis
laugh.gif

Nonetheless, I can vividly remember early on in that series LA not handling that zone well. PHX didn't really stop using it until we played it better, it was disappointing that it took em' that long though. I wouldn't say that it gave us a lot of trouble, some trouble is certainly more than not having "much trouble at all" however.

Zone d...I am so surprised more teams don't run it on us.

I like the fire I saw out of kobe at the end.

Good win tonight.

Good game. Can't complain about a W even if the game was ugly.

And about that zone defense, you guys forgot how frustrating it was watching the Lakers play the Suns last season's playoffs when they used the zone? We barley squeezed by in game 6. I remember a lot of folks on this thread was pissed at how the Suns was using that as a way to play the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom