OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

"As good as the Lakers can be, I don't see them being dominant. I know that they inquired about Harris from the Nets, which to me says they are very worried about their perimeter defense and they got to be looking at that Ron Artest for Trevor Ariza trade and going: "God, you know what, Derek Fisher is older than we tought, Jordan Farmar is not a defensive presence, Kobe Bryant is going to be driving one of these wheelies to get up and down the floor here any second, what are we going to do in a situation where we're playing against a really quick perimeter player, maybe more than one? We're in tough spot.'" -- Ric Bucher
Yeah, remember the great job Ariza did guarding Brooks last season? Nelson during the regular season? CP3?
laugh.gif

I remember Kobe having to "wrestle a bear" ('Melo & doing it ineffectively) last year, Ariza not rotating the right way, and Kobe trying todefend Pierce two years ago. I also remember that two years ago is the last time the Lakers were actually even at ownvs opponent production (when Sasha had his career year). They were bad last year and are even worse this year, but that has nothing to do with Artest forAriza. They're just playing that poorly.

Harris would be nice, but I doubt it happens because...I just doubt it happens (maybe the Lakers will insist Sasha's part of the deal).
ohwell.gif
It would be sad because it means that they're trying hard to tank inorder to have a shot at Wall, LeBron, and another star, but would be absolutely horrible if they strike out on all three. What do I care if my team getsbetter though, eh?
ohwell.gif

Whatever the Lakers do, I hope they're able to make they move(s) they want to make in order to improve their bench.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

So basically the Lakers rotation come playoff time:

Pau
Bosh
Artest
Kobe
Harris

Mbenga
LO
Machine
Fish

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

--IDK maaaaan...If Harris is in the lineup, I dont expect the Machine to be in the lineup cuz Sasha would be involved in getting Harris. Right? Riiiight?!

Here's the thing brewing in my mind. And if you all remember, I was worried about it before the season.

Where is Ron in the 4th quarter?
nerd.gif

Why is he never on the court in the 4th? Against the Magic, when they were going with Brown, Farmar, and KOBE at SF, they then gave Kobe a rest, and broughtin LUKE WALTON.

In the 4th quarter.

Where was Ron? I hope and pray that it was just a rest thing, and nothing more. Save him for the playoffs sort of thing. It better be that.
ohwell.gif

I don't know CP. Phil may have just been going with who was playing well and what lineup was most effective against Orlando, which happened to be whenFarmar and Breezy were on the floor. I don't know why KB was in there other than he just is always in at the end cause he was playing like doo doo.Rondefinitely hasn't been the same after that concussion though, he just isn't looking aggressive at all and his D hasn't been up to par like itusually is.

I hope the team comes out PISSED OFF tonight. Angry. Mad. Focused.

We have a shot to put some decent space between us and the rest of the league with a win tonight. 3 games is a lot for the Cavs to make up. Whereas if theybeat us, we only have a 1 game lead, and obviously lose the tie breaker.

Cuz we all know, the Lakers are the worst 32-9 team in the NBA.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Shannon is probably going to be wanted from the Nets if we're trying to get Harris.

i would do it too..i know shannon is a fan favorite and all but cmon...Harris > Brown..and harris would be an immediate starter..something Brown isnt

Bingo!! agree 100%

Ron definitely hasn't been the same after that concussion though, he just isn't looking aggressive at all and his D hasn't been up to par like it usually is.

That, and his plantar fasciitis, is what I'm hoping is behind his poor play.

im sorry.... HELL NO WE TRADE SHANNON BROWN.

Farmar (Who i Like, but is only playing hard cuz its contract year) and Sasha or Ammo.

Shannon Brown does way too much to trade....

and we will only lose 1 game on the road trip... probably the Raptoors,

Well...

The Nets WANT to tank, right? Doesn't it make sense to relieve cap space/raise #1 pick odds/receive a possibly productive body in Farmar? They don'tneed Devin Harris, they want John Wall!

(C'mon, Nets. Solidify a dynasty. It would be the worthiest thing you've done since... solidifying the last NBA dynasty with your four game bow to usin '02.)

Nah as a Bulls fan I would insist on Shannon.

When Lebron would sit out and Shannon was there Shannon proved he could go out and get his own.

Harris is a guy who needs shots. Shannon doesnt need them to contribute. Shannon and Rose would be deadly from an athletic stand point. Comapred to earlier inhis career is Shannons shot consistant? I wished the Bulls had gave Shannon a legit chance at playing on the team, but they had a crap load of guards and nowShannon could start.

im thinking if we lose today and bynum doesnt do anything, the lakers will definately be pursuing that bosh trade HARD.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

im thinking if we lose today and bynum doesnt do anything, the lakers will definately be pursuing that bosh trade HARD.

You know Jim Buss will not let that happen, he's riding the "I discovered Bynum" train, all the way to his grave.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by NobleKane

You know Jim Buss will not let that happen, he's riding the "I discovered Bynum" train, all the way to his grave.

Then I'll help him get to his grave quicker so we can be done with that.

Problem solved.

You're welcome.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom