OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

--Pau is playin tonight?! Shyeah!
--Keep my thread streak goin!
--Lets put these clowns back in their place!

Bout God damn time Pau.

I know it won't happen, but I wish Kobe would sit out the all star break, Pau don't make it, only let Bynum get there to learn what it's like. This way, Kobe and Pau rest for 4-5 days and get as healthy as one can get in a week.

Then, we hit the gas petal for the rest of the year.
pimp.gif

westcoastsfinest:
farmar, amo and sasha for mike miller
drew for bosh

do it mitch!
Fish
Kobe
Artest
Pau
Bosh

Luke
Odom
Miller
Mbenga
Brown
Powell

I'd be so freaking happy. Our only true 1 on the team would be D-Fish, though, and that's... uuummmm... yeah.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

westcoastsfinest:
farmar, amo and sasha for mike miller
drew for bosh

do it mitch!
Fish
Kobe
Artest
Pau
Bosh

Luke
Odom
Miller
Mbenga
Brown
Powell

I'd be so freaking happy. Our only true 1 on the team would be D-Fish, though, and that's... uuummmm... yeah.
laugh.gif

thatd be a decent bench too!

Kobe, to Artest and Odom:
What the hell are you guys waiting for? You've been sitting around, waiting for me to bail your [butts] out all the time. Get going. It makes us a better team. Don't worry about me. You've got to be aggressive.
I like it.
smokin.gif
Like someone else mentioned, I'm sure Odom has heard that plenty of times playing for the Clips and Heat and definitely w/the Lakers, but Artest is trying to prove something here, so those kinds of things are going to go straight to his heart.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Kobe, to Artest and Odom:
What the hell are you guys waiting for? You've been sitting around, waiting for me to bail your [butts] out all the time. Get going. It makes us a better team. Don't worry about me. You've got to be aggressive.
I like it.
smokin.gif
Like someone else mentioned, I'm sure Odom has heard that plenty of times playing for the Clips and Heat and definitely w/ the Lakers, but Artest is trying to prove something here, so those kinds of things are going to go straight to his heart.
happy.gif

odoms thoughts: i hope he gives me candy if i play well

artests thoughts: id be more comfortable if we finished this conversation in the showers kob'

but yes this is why we brought artest for the edge we were lacking

Only problem is I was told Ron was all heart and gave his all each and every game.

I've yet to see that. I watched him REAL close vs the Spurs, he wasn't doing ANYTHING on defense. He was jogging along behind screens letting RJ runwherever he wanted.
smh.gif

In the third qrtr, he did start to be more aggresive though, and I liked that, so I chilled out for the time being. I figure I can give him a pass untilthe postseason when he should turn the notch up a bit. But I am watching, Ron. Know that, CP is watching.

laugh.gif

i liked the way both artest and odom played against Dallas..both rebounded the ball well. and Odom was real aggressive on getting his shots..whenever odom gets18 and 14 and ron gets 16 and 11..then u add in drew with 22 and 11...we will be tough to beat.

^he said hes doing fine.. seriously though, the only thing that will keep kobe out of a game is probably if he gets shot or something .. this guy is the realsuperman..

[h1]Lakers' Shannon Brown receiving support to be in dunk contest[/h1]
51674622.jpg

When TNT announces Monday the participants for the 2010 NBA All-Star game dunk contest, Lakers guard Shannon Brown said that's when he'll know if he was selected.

Brown has had his Lakers teammates, Lakers fans and Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard, who won the dunk contest in 2008 and was the runner-up in 2009, all say they want to see him in the contest that will be held Feb. 13 of All-Star weekend at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Brown has become a YouTube sensation because of his dunking exploits, and there has been a groundswell of support on Facebook called "Let Shannon Dunk."

"I haven't heard nothing," Brown said. "I'm waiting until Monday like everybody else. I'll be just as surprised. I hope it works out."

Brown was told that with all the support he has received this season, and because of his dunk highlights, it seems as if he'll be selected.

Clippers guard Eric Gordon and Toronto rookie guard DeMar DeRozan, a USC product, were told that they had to compete in the NBA All-Star dunk-in to determine participants in the contest.

Because Brown wasn't asked to be in that contest, he was told that it was assumed that he would be in the slam dunk contest.

"I hope he makes it," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said. "It would be good for him.

"Now, I don't see any need for [Cleveland's] LeBron [James] to do it. Everybody kind of wants to see him in it. If Cleveland is hosting the game, then it's something else."

Jackson recalled the 1988 dunk contest in Chicago had plenty of big names such as Michael Jordan, Dominique Wilkins, Clyde Drexler and Spud Webb.

"I don't think it has the luster it had in those days," Jackson said.

"Now these guys get like three chances to make their one dunk. It's not really like a contest. It's not like a show, like do your animal tricks and now you can leave type of thing."

Another celebration

It's been seven months since the Lakers won the NBA title, but the spoils of success are still being felt.

The team will visit President Obama at the White House on Jan. 25, a day before the Lakers' road game against the Washington Wizards.

The Lakers went to the White House only once when they won three consecutive titles in the early 2000s. They haven't been there since January 2002, seven months after beating the Philadelphia 76ers in the NBA Finals.

"Obviously, it's an experience because you're going to see the president," said Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw, who was a guard on those championship teams. "Plus, Obama knows the game and respects the game. It's not going to be a scripted visit."

Obama called Jacksona few days after the Lakers won the championship last June and talked about the keys to the Lakers' success, as well as his personal interest in the Lakers' triangle offense, according to a brief synopsis released by the White House.

Obama, a former senator from Illinois, also told Jackson he had admired him since his days as the Chicago Bulls' coach.

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...010jan16,0,6304044.story

[h1]There's a long way to go for Lakers[/h1]As January drones into February, meaning the dog days of the never-ending NBA season are here, the defenders need to begin to defend.

The champions of last season, the Lakers, are 40 games into a season that could go almost two times more. Remember how it works. Do you get your coffee and read the story about the Lakers' playoff game first, or the one previewing the U.S. Open golf tournament?

The biggest weather issue in the NBA Finals is June gloom. Some sports are seasonal. Pro basketball is like that character from "Howdy Doody": Princess Summerfall Winterspring.

Friday night was a good ease-in to what is ahead for the Lakers.

They played the visiting Clippers, who visited from their locker room 40 feet down the hall. Slap that Lakers logo down on center court and Staples Center is all Lakers. Good old home-court advantage. In these games, the refs keep glancing at the logo so they can remember which team to favor.

The Lakers had lost to the Clippers in their most recent meeting Jan. 6. That was a Clippers home game. The refs got that one right.

History said that that wouldn't repeat itself. In the previous 10 games against the Clippers, the Lakers were 9-1. The Lakers are 17-4 at Staples against the Clippers, which is a lot of logo-overcoming.

So, their 126-86 rout was a good start for what is ahead, especially since the best team in pro basketball had gone just 7-5 in its previous 12 games.

The Lakers have played more home games than any team in the NBA. Soon comes payback. That means lots of games in lots of cold and dreary places and lots of trips to airports. After a Monday night home game against last season's opponent in the finals, the Orlando Magic, it is up in the air, minus George Clooney.

These games aren't meaningless, they just seem like it, buried in a mind-numbing 82-game regular season.

Starting Thursday night at Cleveland, where LeBron James and the wind off the lake will both be waiting, the Lakers will play eight games in 12 days, six of them on consecutive nights. The good news is that, for the first time this season, all Lakers players are active and playing. Pau Gasol started the season with a bad hamstring and missed more time recently with the same thing in the other leg. Luke Walton is back, but looks rusty. Lamar Odom has a bad hand and is working through that.

Most important, the straw that stirs the drink on this team and, in many ways, in this league, has a finger on his shooting hand taped and needs to follow through differently on his jump shot. That was such an impediment for Kobe Bryant on Friday that he had only 22 points at the end of three quarters, and 30 at the end of the game. This after not even taking a shot until 3:42 remained in the first quarter and not making one until 1:20 later.

The Clippers made an 11-0 run to start the second quarter, but Lakers Coach Phil Jackson stopped the run with a timeout and set a play that got Shannon Brown a three-pointer from the left corner. That's why Jackson's in the Hall of Fame.

By the end of the half, the Lakers led, 53-50. By the end of the third quarter, it was 89-67, foreshadowing the usual NBA closing period of garbage time.

The Lakers' victory was a good springboard to what is ahead. A victory over the Magic too will really send them off to the NBA hinterlands in fine shape.

Beating the Clippers handily is no small thing. Unlike many seasons of late, when they were just pathetic, the Clippers are decent this season. They are 17-21 and in third place in the Pacific Division. And this, in a season of woe uncharacteristic even to the Clippers, who have cornered the NBA market on existing with a dark cloud over their heads.

The recent topper was the announcement that Blake Griffin, the top draft pick in the league, would have season-ending surgery on his injured kneecap. That announcement was just after the Clippers lost a game at Memphis they were controlling until a water main broke, the arena was evacuated, and the Clippers' shooting went dead when they returned. They lost, 104-102.

This is a team that would go picking four-leaf clovers and get bit by a rattlesnake.

Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy, who has had to become a master at finding silver linings over the years, said he never allows himself to feel sorry for his, or his team's situation.

"It's like the old TV show, 'The Naked City,' " Dunleavy said. "There are a million stories, and the only one that matters is the big picture. Are you on the rise, have you got all your guns blazing?"

Dunleavy said he felt his team does, although there may be some frustrated Clippers fans who see only pea shooters.

In this city, of course, the big shots are the guys in purple and gold. Their hammering of the Clippers on Friday night could be viewed as a start to yet another thrilling playoff run.

The road ahead is long. They will be weary. But they are millionaires with championship rings on their fingers.

It is time. No excuses.

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...10jan16,0,1662676.column

--The upcoming road trip is gonna be a true test of our championship grit.
--I got the Lakers/Magic gamethread up. Vol. Rematch. Thread reeks of troll bait.

--We'll get it though...

the magic has been playing bad.. knowing the lakers they will keep close though.. but we should try to end it early so we dont give them hope.

[h3]http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2...e-dunk-contest-only-nike-seems-to-know/28583/[/h3]
[h3]http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2...e-dunk-contest-only-nike-seems-to-know/28583/Is Brown in the Dunk Contest? Only Nike seems to know[/h3] [h4]January 15th, 2010, 7:33 pm · Post a Comment · posted by JANIS CARR, OCREGISTER.COM[/h4]
LOS ANGELES

Is he or isn't he? Lakers guard Shannon Brown said he doesn't know whether he has been selected for the NBA Dunk Contest, but apparently the folks at Nike do.

Earlier in the day, Nike released details of a contest that asks fans to design a shoe for him to wear - just in case he happens to be selected for the event because "if Shannon Brown is in the dunk contest, he will need a hot shoe."

nerd.gif
pimp.gif
Nike knows

I wonder what shoe Nike will give him ....ZKV? or something else

Back
Top Bottom