OFFICIAL KOBE IX NIKEID-- NO BUYING/SELLING DISCUSSION--R.I.P KOBE 9 ID

Did you order the new flyknit multi-color?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Got a shipping delay email for both of my pairs of MCs
mean.gif
@mrfantastic21, I spoke with a Nike Rep and they are automated emails when they are not shipped as promised. I got these emails as well as my building status emails like finishing touches a day before! You can speak to a rep for more details.

Just pulled the trigger on a white swoosh/white sole MC ID for $320 shipped. Not gonna feel bad if it comes back to NikeID or not. Just don't wanna wait. The pair I'm buying has two things I'd want differently: a white backtab and no paint speckles.

Will probably fill in the white backtab with a black Sharpie. Contemplating if I should add white or green speckles, or if I'm going to add speckles at all.

Any advice/tips are greatly appreciated. 

Just pulled the trigger on a white swoosh/white sole MC ID for $320 shipped. Not gonna feel bad if it comes back to NikeID or not. Just don't wanna wait. The pair I'm buying has two things I'd want differently: a white backtab and no paint speckles.

Will probably fill in the white backtab with a black Sharpie. Contemplating if I should add white or green speckles, or if I'm going to add speckles at all.

Any advice/tips are greatly appreciated. 
Im going to color in Multicolor speckles like the MPs to my white swoosh, white sole, white speckles pair

Amazon product ASIN B001KZH282

I was thinking the same.
Nice, I'm really hoping for more green volt on my pair so I can use more of the green and yellow markers. Really don't like the pink/red look that I see on some MC pairs too much 

I really don't think the black uppers are painted, as you can clearly see grey threads woven into the pattern.

Last edited:
^^^   i agree.      the grey threading is just to give it some diversity..  i don't think all black threading would look as good

Black FK is my favorite upper, so versatile with colorways and color blocking. Contemplating a third pair with it.

I still have a pair in my cart...wonder if I should try and check out.
laugh.gif
Try it via pp... I had a pair in cart a week after they sold out and placed order... Got build in progress last week and delivery date next week but doubt its delivered on time 

So my pair I order a week later are further along then the pair I ordered an 1 hour after the 2nd launch 
eyes.gif

Man after having these IDs and wearing them for a while; they are not even as comfortable as the EM ones. There was really no point in putting flyknit on these except for aesthetics.

I received 3 more this week. I have one more coming & I'm checking out of the shoe game for awhile. I forgot to take pictures of my white swoosh/grey sole pair, but you all know what they look like already haha. See the last picture to see my light blue pair updated with black laces

View media item 1180628
View media item 1180629
View media item 1180630

Of the pairs I have, here's my favorites in order:
1. Black swoosh/White sole
2. White swoosh/Grey sole
3. Light blue/MC
4. White swoosh/White sole
5. White midsole w/ black liner & black tongue (gold swoosh)
6. White midsole w/ white liner & white tongue (gold swoosh)

Last one to come... Glow swoosh/Grey sole

I know this has been discussed ad nausea but they seriously painted a gray shoe black? You can clearly see it. I made two MC and was considering making a Detail low and a laker fade. Can't believe for the price they can't put the appropriate FK on the spindle or look or whatever it's made on.

It's definitely not painted black. It's Flyknit the way Flyknit is meant to be done, with variation between two color threads.

if anyone ever does a comparison between the black upper and one of the color or fade ones, it'll look way different.

Last edited:
If anyone has had any success in removing excess glue from the tongue of their kobes I'd appreciate if you'd let me know what was used.

I tried a bit of rubbing alcohol which usually works but didn't do anything, used acetone next(big mistake) but that started to strip/dull the glossy paint off the emblem on the tongue.

Overall the quality on my pair is pretty suspect(excess glue everywhere), hopefully MC comes back so I can reorder.  Got 2 more pairs coming in and I'm hoping they turn out better.  I just don't understand how a glob of glue is just left on the tongue like I wouldn't notice.  I got the majority off but thats whats left in the pic below, I didn't want to risk damaging the shoe further.  My pair also had the toebox hump I've seen a couple other people complain about.

Before anybody goes at me about how redundant it is to complain about nike's quality control, this was my first pair of IDs of any shoe ever and for $260 shipped I expected better.

Last edited:

If anyone has had any success in removing excess glue from the tongue of their kobes I'd appreciate if you'd let me know what was used.

I tried a bit of rubbing alcohol which usually works but didn't do anything, used acetone next(big mistake) but that started to strip/dull the glossy paint off the emblem on the tongue.

Overall the quality on my pair is pretty suspect(excess glue everywhere), hopefully MC comes back so I can reorder.  Got 2 more pairs coming in and I'm hoping they turn out better.  I just don't understand how a glob of glue is just left on the tongue like I wouldn't notice.  I got the majority off but thats whats left in the pic below, I didn't want to risk damaging the shoe further.  My pair also had the toebox hump I've seen a couple other people complain about.

Before anybody goes at me about how redundant it is to complain about nike's quality control, this was my first pair of IDs of any shoe ever and for $260 shipped I expected better.
Damn they were sloppy with your pair..

Back
Top Bottom