Official Kentucky Derby "Run For The Roses"

Sad
frown.gif

Big Brown balled on the field...

I can't believe that doctor announced that so non-nonchalantly. Very sad to hear.

On a side note did anyone hear the announces say something showing the lady in the white dress then say implants when they were actually talking about theowner of Big Browns son? I was like wait what....?

Sad to lose a horse. Big Brown won't win the Triple. He had a perfect trip with nothing in his face. He won't get the same post position andthey'll squeeze him like what happened to Pyro. Still, he has some smooth acceleration. I love the Derby.

I'm not watching but I presume that people were crying when they announced that it had to be euthanized.

What an inhumane world we live in.

And all the people in attendance, and all the people who enjoy horse racing, have no reason to be sad over that horse dying. You have supported an industry that employs cruel, abusive, inhumane practices from the very jump. You are cowards that don't deserve to share my air or stomp on mystreets.

When they euthanize a horse on the spot like that what do they do? Is it just like an air gun thing?

^ i think they use shoot it up with something in their veins or whatever. i could be wrong though

Yeah, they inject it with a formula similar to that they use on death row inmates to stop its heart.

I didnt catch the race im sure it will be on sport center later . But you have to understand when a racehorse breaks something the animal will never walk rightagain much less run . So the best thing to do in that case is to put the animal down its apart of the game .

I know a lot of UPS employees that came up today. It's sad to hear what happened to the runner-up though.

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

It's a shame they don't allow any more cruising on Broadway.
eyes.gif

it's a shame for the people who know how to behave themselves. but when people get killed and there are over 150 arrests made, what you gonna do?

anyways, what a weekend.
pimp.gif
Fourth Street Live closed at 6 a.m.
rockon.gif
sick02.gif

y'all need to get to Louisville for Derby week one time in your life.

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

laugh.gif
how drunk did Bode Miller get?

bilde

bilde

bilde

DMC
pimp.gif

bilde

bilde

laugh.gif
Frostee Rucker

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

Does anyone have the official results? I couldn't find a list of where each horse placed...

[h5]Order of Finish[/h5]1. Big Brown2. Eight Belles3. Denis of Cork4. Tale of Ekati5. Recapturetheglory6. Colonel John7. Anak Nakal8. Pyro9. Cowboy Cal10. Z Fortune11. Smooth Air12. Visionaire13. Court Vision14. Z Humor15. Cool Coal Man16. Bob Black Jack17. Gayego18. Big Truck19. Adriano20. Monba

Police seize 14 guns during cruising

Louisville metro police officers made 22 felony arrests, seized 14 handguns and recovered three stolen automobiles during cruising on West Broadway between 5:30 p.m. yesterday and 5 a.m. this morning, police spokeswoman Alicia Smiley said. There were no fatalities or injuries, she said.

While there will be patrols on West Broadway tonight, Smiley said she did not expect a major police presence like Saturday night, when about 300 police were on duty to enforce the city's cruising ban.

Police also made 68 misdemeanor arrests last night and this morning, issued 29 citations for violations of the city's noise ordinance and three citations for violating the city's cruising ordinance. The bulk of the arrests were made during the late-night and early morning hours.

For the third year, police were enforcing a ban on Derby cruising, which in past years has turned West Broadway into a gridlocked parking lot of hot rods, show cars, pulsing music and partying people who in some cases committed violent and openly lewd acts.

Last year, police made more than 180 arrests, issued more than 330 citations and seized five guns.

Back
Top Bottom