**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

So far in no order, my top 5 from Kdot (when you make 2 classics -maybe even 3- its tough to pick)

Complexion- Everything bout this song is perfection
The Heart pt2- Thats exactly this song hits me.
These Walls- Instant feel good music
ADHD- My most played song ever
Good Kid- The most slept on song off all ******* time!!!! * Ye voice* Not as sonically pleasing as the others, this song conveys lyrical mastery. Every word used perfectly to construct irrefutable bars that vividly illustrate the complexity of ones existence and the persistent forces acting upon them.

Last edited:
My top 5 for Kendrick

5. Ronald Reagan era
4. Kush and Corinthians
3. Alright
2. ADHD
1. HiiPower

I know they are cliche but those 5 songs are sick. Honorable mentions go to Maad City and Rigormortis (sp?)

i still can't name my top 5 tracks, I can barely decide my 5 top from TPAB.

Recently got Section 80 on vinyl tho, and the side hat has Kush and Corinthians, blow my high, Ab-Souls outro, and Hiiipower made me realize that might be the best 4 song run ever.

No order my top 5:

The Art of Peer Pressure
Keisha's Song
Hiipower
Mortal Man
Ignorance is Bliss

This can change any day tho, it's way too difficult. That boy just makes great music.

No order...

Cartoons and Cereal
Ignorance is Bliss
The Heart Pt. 2
MAAD City
It's a tie between Poe Mans Dreams and Keisha's Song

Last edited:
hard to pick 5 but off the top

F your Ethnicity

C & C

Sing about Me

How much a Dollar Cost

Money Trees

First 5 to come to mind

I could make my ipod shuffle between Seciton 80, GKMC, TPAB, OD, and a lot of his loose tracks... and I feel pretty confident that the first 5 tracks to pop up would be a legit top 5, he doesn't really have any bad tracks from those albums IMO.

If I HAD to pick 5 though....

1. ADHD - This was the first Kendrick song I ever heard back in 2011, downloaded Section 80 and the rest is history.
2. Never Catch Me w/ Flying Lotus - That might be my favorite Kendrick verse ever, and FlyLo destroyed that beat.
3. Kush & Corinthians - That last verse :smokin:smokin "I give em back they deposit, no money just total silence
4. Alright - "And when I wake up, I recognize you lookin at me for the paycut..." Enough said :smokin
5. Mortal Man - The first time I REALLY listened to this track was on my friends tower speaker set up, my mind was blown. I can relate to everything he says too much.

"Can you be immortalized? Without your life being expired
Even though you share the same blood is it worth the time?
Like who got your best interest? Like how much are you dependent?
How clutch are the people who say they love you, and who pretendin?
How tough if your skin when they turn you in? Do you show forgiveness?
What brush do you bend when dusting your shoulders from being offended?
What kind of den did they put you in when them lions start hissin?
What kind of bridge did they burn, revenge on your mind when it's mentioned"

My draw dropped the first time I heard this.

Damn, and I didn't even name a single song from GKMC. Kendricks discogrpahy is too great :smokin

Yo as much as I was messing wit dude during OD and section 80, when that YouTube monster freestyle video was uploaded...woooh couldn't stop listening to that

Last edited:
This is tough but I will give it a shot....

Top 5 Kendrick Tracks:

1)Sing About Me
2)Real
3)Hii Power
4)Wanna Be Heard
5)Institutionalized/Mortal Man

Honorable mentions: Alright, Untitled (Colbert Report)

Real was the one song on GKMC I didnt mess with at all, even less then poetic Justice

I see what your saying. I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed the message and see where it fit in the story, but at the end of the day, it just didn't have much replay value to me.

This reminds me, the other day on facebook Consequence of Sound posted an article about the "Alright" chant at Cleveland State I think it was.

Some older white lady, I'm guessing 35-40? Posted that she had never heard his music before and was instantly going to check him out, EVERY single post was positive and telling her what songs to check out, and she would always come back saying how much she enjoyed them. When most articles like that can be full of trolls and people with nothing but negative things to say, it was incredibly refreshing to see how much Kendricks songs can bring people together in a positive way. Hiiipower :smokin

Last edited:
I could make my ipod shuffle between Seciton 80, GKMC, TPAB, OD, and a lot of his loose tracks... and I feel pretty confident that the first 5 tracks to pop up would be a legit top 5, he doesn't really have any bad tracks from those albums IMO.

If I HAD to pick 5 though....

1. ADHD - This was the first Kendrick song I ever heard back in 2011, downloaded Section 80 and the rest is history.
2. Never Catch Me w/ Flying Lotus - That might be my favorite Kendrick verse ever, and FlyLo destroyed that beat.
3. Kush & Corinthians - That last verse :smokin:smokin "I give em back they deposit, no money just total silence
4. Alright - "And when I wake up, I recognize you lookin at me for the paycut..." Enough said :smokin
5. Mortal Man - The first time I REALLY listened to this track was on my friends tower speaker set up, my mind was blown. I can relate to everything he says too much.

"Can you be immortalized? Without your life being expired
Even though you share the same blood is it worth the time?
Like who got your best interest? Like how much are you dependent?
How clutch are the people who say they love you, and who pretendin?
How tough if your skin when they turn you in? Do you show forgiveness?
What brush do you bend when dusting your shoulders from being offended?
What kind of den did they put you in when them lions start hissin?
What kind of bridge did they burn, revenge on your mind when it's mentioned"

My draw dropped the first time I heard this.

Damn, and I didn't even name a single song from GKMC. Kendricks discogrpahy is too great :smokin

I forgot Never Catch Me. Amazing song....

Also gotta agree with you on Mortal Man. The lyrics you posted are my favorite part of the song and maybe my favorite lyrics from Kendrick ever.

It's pretty awesome to hear everyone's top 5 songs... I almost didn't want to get into doing it also but hey, what the heck!

No specific order

1. Money Trees - First song that got me hooked on to Kendrick Lamar.. I admit, I didn't know of Kendrick Lamar when he first was known mainstream but this was the first song I youtube'd and my head banged to it and I put it on repeat for about 10 times. 

2. Hiiipower - I started to expand my search on Kendrick Lamar's discography, came across this song and knew it was my **** immediately. 

3. Dying of thirst - The message, the flow within the tempo of the beat, everything was made perfectly.. 

4. Poe Man's Dream - 

5. ***** Don't kill my vibe - I get goosebumps listening to this song, all the time. 

Fact is, I could probably create a top 50 from Kendrick Lamar because they're all that good and that much of a substance to it. 

Kendrick Lamar isn't a great, complex lyrical artist like a Lupe, Nas, Mos Def... etc and he's fine with that as I am, as in Poe man's dream, quote

I know some rappers using big words to make their similes curve
My simplest **** be more pivotal

And that itself, represent so much more relations rather than large vocabularies that define the same meanings. 

No order...

Cartoons and Cereal
Ignorance is Bliss
The Heart Pt. 2
MAAD City
I
These four would prolly be in mine. 5th would be either kush and corinthians, poe mans dream, or adhd,

Honorable mentions: Chapter 6, U, Wesleys theory, Opposites Attract

Pray that we make it to 21

He too cold :smh:

Last edited:
^Its cause he cares about making complete projects....thats what I dig so much about him. Hes a great rapper but hes truly an artist that cares about his craft and the product he puts out.

Personally I can't list a top 5. My most played Kendrick Song has probably been Money Trees. Used to bump that at the gym and before heading into work everyday when GKMC was active. Just when the beat drop I just get an inspired feeling rush throughout my body :pimp:

F**k Your Ethnicity will always have a soft spot on me. First Kendrick song I heard from him when I downloaded Section .80 I was on the train going to meet up my girlfriend then and I swear I almost didn't want to leave my seat when I hit my stop :lol:

Back
Top Bottom