**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I think when you know what to expect from an artist their music tends to come and go, even if it sounds good. We knew what More Life was gonna sound like, just as we do with every Drake release.

Kendrick has been able to reinvent himself and make every project he releases sound different. Even the Untitled joint. People know he's gonna actually talk about something and bring something unique to the table.

Maybe. But we shouldn't knock consistency.

Because Ross stayed in his wheelhouse....and delivered a superb album:

Yeah, that's Ross best work since Rich Forever. The difference with dudes like Kanye and Drake is their music been lazy and getting worse. They been consistently decent.

Last edited:
albums at this point are just material for when the artists go on tour...arena music if you will
.... what? :lol:

artists arent seeing money off music, especially now with streaming...they're more tour-based...merch, endorsements, they're in the business to make money idc how deep or political or "real" you may think an artist is...they're in the business to make money. Accolades (awards, critical acclaim) come second to them. Prove me wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
.... what? :lol:

It's how they try to justify nobody giving a damn about Aubrey's album again like Views. Even Drake tries to hedge his bets by calling it a "playlist" or a "mixtape". He know he's putting out half assed work. But he sells cause he's popular so it's all good.

But anyway, body is ready for tonight was going to go see Fast 8, but that will have to wait.

Last edited:
artists arent seeing money off music, especially now with streaming...they're more tour-based...merch, endorsements, they're in the business to make money idc how deep or political or "real" you may think an artist is...they're in the business to make money. Accolades (awards, critical acclaim) come second to them. Prove me wrong

Artist never really made any money from albums, what you just described is no different than the 00's and 90's

Last edited:
What do you guys mean by came and went? "More Life" is his best retired project and it's been number 1 on billboard for 3-4 weeks and aleady Platinum.

I do agree though, Kendrick for sure give you total different vibes with each album. Curious to see how this one plays out.

What do you guys mean by came and went? "More Life" is his best retired project and it's been number 1 on billboard for 3-4 weeks and aleady Platinum.

I do agree though, Kendrick for sure give you total different vibes with each album. Curious to see how this one plays out.

yeah i agree with this.

I know its the kendrick thread....but more life is great. And its very very popular.

yeah i agree with this.

I know its the kendrick thread....but more life is great. And its very very popular.

I don't know a single person that thinks More Life is "great"
That album turns into a total mess a few tracks in then has a couple good songs sprinkled in towards the middle-end and that's about it.

I shouldn't have looked at Bron's IG...the production sounds amazing. How this ***** know the words already though?

Back
Top Bottom